EASA AMEs in Canadian aviation

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Kirmanisr@gmail.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

EASA AMEs in Canadian aviation

Post by Kirmanisr@gmail.com »

Hello everyone,

I am holding an EASA lic endorsed with A320 & B777. I am thinking of getting a Canadian AME lic I wanna know
1. which exams are to be given after successful assessment of curriculum & certificates.
2. Is it mandatory to have the 5yrs of logbook on Canadian registered aircraft or being a foreign applicant we are allowed to fulfil the requirements on other EASA registered aircrafts? In some places, I've read that if previous experience is approved you need to show only 3 rs of experience(is it true?)
3. All this process can be done online or one has to be in Canada (how is it possible if somebody is working outside Canada?)
4. Also how is the scope for foreign candidates like me to get a job in Canadian Aviation? Can we survive(in terms of package)

TIA
---------- ADS -----------

Kirmanisr@gmail.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: EASA AMEs in Canadian aviation

Kindly reply folks :rolleyes:

helicopterray
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by helicopterray »

566.07 Alternative Training Provisions
(1) Foreign Licences

(a) Applicants who held, prior to 1 January 1990, a valid Inspection Authorization issued by the US Federal Aviation Administration, or a valid AME licence conforming to Annex 1 of the ICAO Convention, that included airframe and engine privileges, are exempt from the basic training requirement specified in Appendix A.
(amended 2008/12/30)
(b) Applicants who held, prior to 1 September 1985, a valid AME licence conforming to Annex 1 of the ICAO Convention, that included avionics privileges, are exempt from the basic training requirement specified in Appendix A.
(amended 2008/12/30)
(c) Applicants who held, prior to 1 September 2001, a valid AME licence conforming to Annex 1 of the ICAO Convention, that included structures privileges, are exempt from the basic training requirement specified in Appendix A.
(amended 2008/12/30)
(d) Applicants who hold a valid AME licence, other than one of the types specified in (a), (b) or (c) will be assessed in accordance with subsection (2).
(amended 2008/12/30)
(e) All applicants, regardless of the type of foreign licence held, are required to successfully complete the Transport Canada examinations applicable to the rating sought, in accordance with subsection (2).
(amended 2008/12/30)

helicopterray
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by helicopterray »

This is subsection 2:

(2) Other Basic Training

(a) Applicants who obtained their basic training through training systems other than a Transport Canada ATO (i.e. foreign, military, self-paced, distance learning, etc.), or who successfully completed a Transport Canada ATO course but failed to meet the experience credit requirement, shall submit their graduation certificate, together with a transcript of the training received to the applicable Transport Canada Center (TCC) for assessment. The training received shall be assessed against the pertinent specifications of section 566.03 of this standard and the following standards:
(amended 2003/09/01)
(i) The applicant shall have received a minimum of 1000 hours theory training applicable to the AME licence “M &E” ratings or 550 hours theory training applicable to the AME licence “S” rating, in order to be considered as having acceptable basic training.
(amended 2003/09/01)
(ii) The theory training will be evaluated in accordance with the specifications of this standard set out in Division II, Subdivision B, and the applicable provisions of Appendix C. However, the theoretical basic training need not contain a CARs component.
(amended 2003/09/01)

helicopterray
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by helicopterray »

This is the part applicable to you:

shall submit their graduation certificate, together with a transcript of the training received to the applicable Transport Canada Center (TCC) for assessment. The training received shall be assessed against the pertinent specifications of section 566.03 of this standard and the following standards:

Kirmanisr@gmail.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

helicopterray wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:18 am This is the part applicable to you:

shall submit their graduation certificate, together with a transcript of the training received to the applicable Transport Canada Center (TCC) for assessment. The training received shall be assessed against the pertinent specifications of section 566.03 of this standard and the following standards:
Thanks helicopterray

Return to “Maintenance”