If not AME then??

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: If not AME then??

Post by -42 »

Please don’t post ads in the maintenance forum. Especially ones that require you to live in your parents basement to survive on the wages. It’s reality, living in Richmond( or anywhere in the lower mainland) requires a much higher wage and possibly accommodation included. That’s just how your future running a company looks. Good luck though.
---------- ADS -----------

hikoki otaku
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hikoki otaku »

-42 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:33 pm Please don’t post ads in the maintenance forum. Especially ones that require you to live in your parents basement to survive on the wages. It’s reality, living in Richmond( or anywhere in the lower mainland) requires a much higher wage and possibly accommodation included. That’s just how your future running a company looks. Good luck though.
I'm just trying to help a brother out ! I have no affiliations with MTU except that a friend of mine works there. He says it's a decent place to work.
Kirmanisr@gmail.com said he wanted to make between $30 to $35 an hour and use his foreign licence . This place will let him do both. He might already be living in Vancouver for all we know.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Very unfortunate that people will work for these wages. Unfortunately that is what employers and the Federal government is banking on in a big way. People that have been here for some time have put a lot of effort and time into ensuring a first world quality of life. That comes at a price. Anyone that cuts someone’s throat for bum wages unfortunately is enshrining their mediocre quality of life in perpetuity in Canada. Again good luck living in your parents basement or with 6 roommates eating ramen…..forever.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:52 pm Very unfortunate that people will work for these wages. Unfortunately that is what employers and the Federal government is banking on in a big way. People that have been here for some time have put a lot of effort and time into ensuring a first world quality of life. That comes at a price. Anyone that cuts someone’s throat for bum wages unfortunately is enshrining their mediocre quality of life in perpetuity in Canada. Again good luck living in your parents basement or with 6 roommates eating ramen…..forever.
A lot of “new hires” in Canada will live ten to a house or more at these garbage rates. It’s not a real mystery why

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

hikoki otaku wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:02 pm
-42 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:33 pm Please don’t post ads in the maintenance forum. Especially ones that require you to live in your parents basement to survive on the wages. It’s reality, living in Richmond( or anywhere in the lower mainland) requires a much higher wage and possibly accommodation included. That’s just how your future running a company looks. Good luck though.
I'm just trying to help a brother out ! I have no affiliations with MTU except that a friend of mine works there. He says it's a decent place to work.
Kirmanisr@gmail.com said he wanted to make between $30 to $35 an hour and use his foreign licence . This place will let him do both. He might already be living in Vancouver for all we know.
That wage was low for a licensed AME over 20 years ago. Just saying

nine sixteenths
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nine sixteenths »

Ahmad M wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:49 am Benelux Tek Group Inc. is #hiring experienced professionals for the aerospace industries throughout the Canada. Benelux Tek Group Inc. is a recruitment company that has been serving job seekers and companies for over 30 years.

We have exciting new aviation contracts for the below mentioned positions:
1. AME-M (Ontario, Canada)
2. Aircraft Structure Technician (Ontario, Canada)
3. Structure Technician (Ontario, Canada)
4. Avionics Technician (British Columbia, Canada)
5. AME-M (British Columbia, Canada)
6. Dash 8 Endorsed AME [Maintenance and Avionics] – (Quebec, Canada)
7. Aircraft Structure Technician (British Columbia, Canada)
8. Mechanics-ATR (Ontario, Canada)
9. Aircraft Mechanic (British Columbia, Canada) and many more...

Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com so that our team can review your profile.
Kindly ensure that your resume is updated with all your information including your contact number and email address.

Our LinkedIn Profile: https://lnkd.in/d39EBEPK
Who we are: https://lnkd.in/dGpebJg3

We do offer good wages even 50$ for most of the above mentioned positions.
Not only wages, we do prefer extra benefits for different positions (for example - Accommodation, - Flight to Job Location, - Luxury furnished Condo, -Living out Allowance, - Travel Expenses, - Hotel+Meals)

You are requested to share your resume at the provided email address (ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com) so that our team can reach out to you soon!
We’d be delighted to assist you. We will do our best to negotiate the wage with company based on your preferences. If you are not interested in applying but know someone who might be, kindly let us know. We’d like to keep in touch with you in the future so that we may offer you a greater opportunity.

Regards,
Sheikh Ahmad Senior Technical Recruiter at Benelux Tek Aerospace https://www.beneluxtekgroupinc.com/
$50/hr as a contractor is what was offered 15-20 years ago

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

nine sixteenths wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:55 am
Ahmad M wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:49 am Benelux Tek Group Inc. is #hiring experienced professionals for the aerospace industries throughout the Canada. Benelux Tek Group Inc. is a recruitment company that has been serving job seekers and companies for over 30 years.

Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com so that our team can review your profile.
Kindly ensure that your resume is updated with all your information including your contact number and email address.

Not only wages, we do prefer extra benefits for different positions (for example - Accommodation, - Flight to Job Location, - Luxury furnished Condo, -Living out Allowance, - Travel Expenses, - Hotel+Meals)

You are requested to share your resume at the provided email address (ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com) so that our team can reach out to you soon!
We’d be delighted to assist you. We will do our best to negotiate the wage with company based on your preferences. If you are not interested in applying but know someone who might be, kindly let us know. We’d like to keep in touch with you in the future so that we may offer you a greater opportunity.

Regards,
Sheikh Ahmad Senior Technical Recruiter at Benelux Tek Aerospace https://www.beneluxtekgroupinc.com/
Correct

nine sixteenths
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nine sixteenths »

Regards,
Hey Sheikh Ahmand, you’ve posted this same ad 37 times in 24 hours. Many of the repeat posts are not even relevant forums for a job ad. You’ve transitioned from potentially relevant ad to useless spam. Your offered contractor pay is what was on the table 15 years ago. Enough already.

9/16”

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

nine sixteenths wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:58 pm

Regards,
Hey Sheikh Ahmand, you’ve posted this same ad 37 times in 24 hours. Many of the repeat posts are not even relevant forums for a job ad. You’ve transitioned from potentially relevant ad to useless spam. Your offered contractor pay is what was on the table 15 years ago. Enough already.

9/16”
I’m sure I wasn’t the only one to report spam, that was pretty interesting tactics from a recruiter

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

nine sixteenths wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:55 am

Regards,
That was an average wage in 2006 at the company I was working for, and that was a full time rate, not contract. We actually got a collective raise fall of the next year we were so busy and burnt out guys were walking on that rate. FF 2022, $50/hr contract lol. $75/hr plus all the normal stipends is fair in Canada, and guys are getting that and more, it’s just not advertised.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Lololol

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

So my advice, look at high paid trades and apply with your background. There is a major labour shortage in almost every trade right now. What’s happened to aviation also happened in other areas of work. You can be accredited 3 of the 4 years apprenticeship with a letter of recommendation from the employer and following the trade Equivalency evaluation process’. Someone mentioned Bruce power. Other large energy and construction companies shouldn’t be ruled out either. I’m seeing my AME cohort drop like flys this year it is insane how many are leaving aviation behind.

mcewen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mcewen »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:20 pm
-42 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:05 pm I am not sure where Bug stomper is getting his intel but it’s pretty clear on the ITA website even for heavy duty that AME qualifications don’t mean squat. You might be a wrench but you won’t be credited time towards gaining qualifications for a Red Seal from AME time or credentials. Went down this path years ago…..in BC anyways. If you went from HD to Truck transport or Plumber to pipe fitter. It’s all on the web. Wind turbine is not red seal so…..plus heard that schedule/lifestyle doing that licks also.
I don’t care what the website says -42, not every provision and caveat will be posted there, and furthermore, I DID IT PERSONALLY! I have friends I’ve helped in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, NWT, AND BC that all made the switch. Just helped another in Ontario not more than two months ago. It’s doable in every province you just have to be smart enough to get accredited. I encourage anyone wanting to get out of AME work to visit their governing provincial trade board wether it be ontario college of trades, alberta industry training etc and ask about a “trade equivalency evaluation” and ask to speak to someone with the transition and your intentions.
Too much to post here but anyone reading this feel free to DM me for more info I’ll walk you through it, I’d be more than happy to help people out of this garbage and into something better paying with a better schedule.
In short there are provisions for outside trades like military mechanics, foreign licenses, domestic similar trades (automotive to heavy duty) and yes AVIATION. Toromont has an entire department dedicated to this task.
Would love a walk through of the process if the offer still stands! Looking to get out of the industry and into something else. I’m unable to DM you though apparently I’m too much of a newbie on here and it won’t allow me lol. If you could send me a message that would be awesome

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

mcewen wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:25 pm
-42 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:05 pm I am not sure where Bug stomper is getting his intel but it’s pretty clear on the ITA website even for heavy duty that AME qualifications don’t mean squat. You might be a wrench but you won’t be credited time towards gaining qualifications for a Red Seal from AME time or credentials. Went down this path years ago…..in BC anyways. If you went from HD to Truck transport or Plumber to pipe fitter. It’s all on the web. Wind turbine is not red seal so…..plus heard that schedule/lifestyle doing that licks also.
I don’t care what the website says -42, not every provision and caveat will be posted there, and furthermore, I DID IT PERSONALLY! I have friends I’ve helped in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, NWT, AND BC that all made the switch. Just helped another in Ontario not more than two months ago. It’s doable in every province you just have to be smart enough to get accredited. I encourage anyone wanting to get out of AME work to visit their governing provincial trade board wether it be ontario college of trades, alberta industry training etc and ask about a “trade equivalency evaluation” and ask to speak to someone with the transition and your intentions.
Too much to post here but anyone reading this feel free to DM me for more info I’ll walk you through it, I’d be more than happy to help people out of this garbage and into something better paying with a better schedule.
In short there are provisions for outside trades like military mechanics, foreign licenses, domestic similar trades (automotive to heavy duty) and yes AVIATION. Toromont has an entire department dedicated to this task.
Would love a walk through of the process if the offer still stands! Looking to get out of the industry and into something else. I’m unable to DM you though apparently I’m too much of a newbie on here and it won’t allow me lol. If you could send me a message that would be awesome
DM sent, been a while since I read this thread but if you read the whole thing I believe I describe the process. I’ll answer anything you want to know

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Does anyone have insight in this topic currently? Things have never been crappier in Canada’s helicopter market from what I’m seeing

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

It’s like a bandaid. Just tear it off. It’s less painful if you do it quick and before you know it it’s healing. So quit, go do something else. Fast.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:52 pm It’s like a bandaid. Just tear it off. It’s less painful if you do it quick and before you know it it’s healing. So quit, go do something else. Fast.
Yep, lots have apparently, nobody is available this season to wrench on helicopters in Canada (myself included). Have really lost touch with lots of people in Canada but pretty sad when I’m clearly out and not available and still being harassed to come out and work.

thomasloring
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by thomasloring »

Hey just wondering how you go about doing this. I can't DM you because of the site restrictions but I would love to know more. I have recently switched from aviation to tesla, working towards my red seal.
Thanks!

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

I didn’t “jump the hoops”. Couldn’t help you there. However just pick a trade your interested in and get an apprenticeship going. Union shop if you can. Everyone is hungry for bodies and in all honesty starting from the bottom is better, less responsibility, less stress. Depends on where you are in your life/finances. Anything’s better than the AME side. Less liability/responsibility the better imop. Life’s too short for that garbage.

thomasloring
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by thomasloring »

-42 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:20 pm I didn’t “jump the hoops”. Couldn’t help you there. However just pick a trade your interested in and get an apprenticeship going. Union shop if you can. Everyone is hungry for bodies and in all honesty starting from the bottom is better, less responsibility, less stress. Depends on where you are in your life/finances. Anything’s better than the AME side. Less liability/responsibility the better imop. Life’s too short for that garbage.
Very true, but living in Vancouver, the wage isn’t there for AME apprentices or Red Seal for that matter, so the faster you can get out of that the better. Yes you have more liability and responsibilities but if you’re good at your job, it’s not much of a problem.

Return to “Maintenance”