Flair hire

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

medo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Flair hire

Post by medo »

Canadaflyer46 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:51 am If I had to guess I’d say since announcing their YYC base they will have seen the experience level on their applications go up significantly which will hold many people in the pool. Lots of guys trying to get out or Encore/WJ/smaller operators in YYC and who didn’t consider applying to Flair before this base announcement.
Well in the spring they were hiring a lot as they brought on 6 aircrafts. I think now they’re caught up with crews and the next batch is due for next spring as they bring on more airplanes in the new year.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by medo on Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yogi21
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Yogi21 »

medo wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:31 am
Allen120 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:01 am Did candidates receive any emails from Flair recently? Does being in the pool mean anything? It seems like they are starting to raise hiring standards.
From what I understand being in the pool doesn’t mean anything necessarily. They do say “Your application will remain active in our pool for up to one year from today’s date.” That being said then I guess after one year your back to stage one? Someone can clarify
@tbalyx is this true?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Yogi21 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:04 pm
Allen120 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:01 am Did candidates receive any emails from Flair recently? Does being in the pool mean anything? It seems like they are starting to raise hiring standards.
From what I understand being in the pool doesn’t mean anything necessarily. They do say “Your application will remain active in our pool for up to one year from today’s date.” That being said then I guess after one year your back to stage one? Someone can clarify
@tbalyx is this true?
I believe they keep applications active for one year if they haven't been updated. If you've been interviewed and received a successful letter then we want to hire you. However, hiring from now to early 2023 will focus on experienced pilots that can come as DEC's or upgrade in under 6 months. If you are lower on the experience spectrum then you will likely spend some time in the pool as more qualified pilots are targetted in order to meet the rapid growth captain requirements.

Our aircraft arrive April to July, then in November again. Hiring ramps up early in the new year to cover the spring deliveries. We anticipate hiring 150+ pilots for 2023 including 75+ internal upgrades/DECs.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:21 pm

@tbalyx is this true?
I believe they keep applications active for one year if they haven't been updated. If you've been interviewed and received a successful letter then we want to hire you. However, hiring from now to early 2023 will focus on experienced pilots that can come as DEC's or upgrade in under 6 months. If you are lower on the experience spectrum then you will likely spend some time in the pool as more qualified pilots are targetted in order to meet the rapid growth captain requirements.

Our aircraft arrive April to July, then in November again. Hiring ramps up early in the new year to cover the spring deliveries. We anticipate hiring 150+ pilots for 2023 including 75+ internal upgrades/DECs.
So only 75 "real" FO. Thanks for the update!

Yogi21
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Yogi21 »

@tbalyx is this true?

How many pilots do you have in the pool right now?

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Yogi21 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:29 pm
Apparently not enough to prevent them from applying to hire TFWs.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

goingmissed wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:16 am
Seriously? Could you show us where?

Thank you.

vrefplus5
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrefplus5 »

Sorry GRK2, goingmissed cannot show you, because his comment is factually false.

To quote the Vp Ops taken from another site “…. Flair is not hiring temporary foreign pilots. We do not have a need for temporary pilots and do not have the seasonality that other airlines may face.”

And the CP’s quote as well “…. you have been misinformed. Flair is not pursuing a TFW program. Any pilots employed with Flair have Canadian licenses and the right to work in Canada.”

goingmissed, I get that your sources may have presented that TFW falsehood as fact, but I’m just here to educate you and clear things up a little. Have a good weekend. 👍🏼

medo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by medo »

vrefplus5 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:44 am Sorry GRK2, goingmissed cannot show you, because his comment is factually false.

To quote the Vp Ops taken from another site “…. Flair is not hiring temporary foreign pilots. We do not have a need for temporary pilots and do not have the seasonality that other airlines may face.”

And the CP’s quote as well “…. you have been misinformed. Flair is not pursuing a TFW program. Any pilots employed with Flair have Canadian licenses and the right to work in Canada.”

goingmissed, I get that your sources may have presented that TFW falsehood as fact, but I’m just here to educate you and clear things up a little. Have a good weekend. 👍🏼
I agree. When asked about staff shortages the ceo said on Wednesday "The workforces are stabilizing, the pilot population is stable".

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

vrefplus5 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:44 am Sorry GRK2, goingmissed cannot show you, because his comment is factually false.

Appreciate your response, I might have been less charitable than you once I discovered his falsehood. Well done.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

GRK2 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:23 am
goingmissed wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:16 am
Seriously? Could you show us where?

Thank you.
It's a rumour I heard that I took at face value.

Good to hear that I trusted the wrong source. All we need is another airline bringing in foreign pilots as a way to suppress wages.

Yogi21
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Yogi21 »

@tbalyx is this true?

How many pilots in the pool right now? Seeing that there is an open house in Calgary and probably lots of Encore pilots will apply. What would it mean for 704 guys who are already in the pool? Will 705 guys jump ahead of us next year?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Yogi21 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:56 am

@tbalyx is this true?

How many pilots in the pool right now? Seeing that there is an open house in Calgary and probably lots of Encore pilots will apply. What would it mean for 704 guys who are already in the pool? Will 705 guys jump ahead of us next year?
In early 2023 we will focus on DEC's and rapid upgrade first officers with 4000+ TT and 705 time. Once the captain positions are filled we'll focus on the 704 pilots in the pool. I would anticipate late spring 2023.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I sat in the pool a few years ago before being hired for roughly 6 months, at the time I was still actively taking interviews and ended up being in the pool at another airline as well. Flair called first so here I am, and I'm glad it worked out like that. Back then HR was contracted out to a 3rd party and the process was much less organized, now you have a spot, I know it's a tough place to be in. Best advice is keep building time, don't sign any new training bonds, keep in touch here and keep your resume up to date with flair HR, make damn sure you keep us up to date on your contact information, and keep applying to airlines, keep doing interviews.

For Flair's part, we're growing fast, but we have the organisational structure to back up that growth now. We have our own Max sim, a new Max FTD on the way, our loads are good, our bookings are solid, things are rolling, and we need FOs too. tbaylx might be able to say more, but we've done hiring fairs in yyz, and yyc now, turn out was high, so almost guaranteed that more are coming.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

co-joe wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:06 am I sat in the pool a few years ago before being hired for roughly 6 months, at the time I was still actively taking interviews and ended up being in the pool at another airline as well. Flair called first so here I am, and I'm glad it worked out like that. Back then HR was contracted out to a 3rd party and the process was much less organized, now you have a spot, I know it's a tough place to be in. Best advice is keep building time, don't sign any new training bonds, keep in touch here and keep your resume up to date with flair HR, make damn sure you keep us up to date on your contact information, and keep applying to airlines, keep doing interviews.

For Flair's part, we're growing fast, but we have the organisational structure to back up that growth now. We have our own Max sim, a new Max FTD on the way, our loads are good, our bookings are solid, things are rolling, and we need FOs too. tbaylx might be able to say more, but we've done hiring fairs in yyz, and yyc now, turn out was high, so almost guaranteed that more are coming.
There will certainly be increasing numbers of pilot open days and presence at industry events. If you're in the pool you should have been given an email to contact the recruiting team with questions that come up. They could better inform you of potential timelines. Don't hesitate to reach out to them

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

I have my interview coming up with both Flair and Transat. I have 1900 hrs. How long is the pool time at Flair? Kinda confused which way to go. I like Flair cuz its single day pairings. Does being in the pool guarantee that we will be called? Thinking if I get called by Transat first, should I wait in the pool and burn the Transat bridge? What if I dont get called since Flair is sponsoring SA pilots. Confused :s

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Transat is backed by the Quebec government.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:38 am I have my interview coming up with both Flair and Transat. I have 1900 hrs. How long is the pool time at Flair? Kinda confused which way to go. I like Flair cuz its single day pairings. Does being in the pool guarantee that we will be called? Thinking if I get called by Transat first, should I wait in the pool and burn the Transat bridge? What if I dont get called since Flair is sponsoring SA pilots. Confused :s
With 2000 hours, the recruitment of SA DEC's wont' have any effect on your employment opportunities. We're pursuing a limited number of experienced SA Captains but not First Officers.

Flair is hiring approximately 160-200 pilots next year beginning in January. Both companies have advantages and disadvantages. Depends on where you live, what you prefer for lifestyle (layovers vs single days), and how much you value a quick upgrade opportunity.

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:38 am I have my interview coming up with both Flair and Transat. I have 1900 hrs. How long is the pool time at Flair? Kinda confused which way to go. I like Flair cuz its single day pairings. Does being in the pool guarantee that we will be called? Thinking if I get called by Transat first, should I wait in the pool and burn the Transat bridge? What if I dont get called since Flair is sponsoring SA pilots. Confused :s
There are a lot of single days at Transat.

Antigravity2233
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Antigravity2233 »

Happy New Year folks.

Any insight on what’s the latest in the hiring part ? Did anyone receive a call for interview recently?

Return to “Flair Airlines”