Flair hire

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bluewaffe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Flair hire

Post by Bluewaffe »

How many pilots flair currently have?
---------- ADS -----------

highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by highspeed »

Antigravity2233 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:48 am Happy New Year folks.

Any insight on what’s the latest in the hiring part ? Did anyone receive a call for interview recently?
Interviews planned for second and third week of January.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Bluewaffe wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:12 am How many pilots flair currently have?
319 as of Jan 9th

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy53 »

Now that we're in 2023, does any one know how long you can sit in the hiring pool? With course starts every 2 weeks, will things be quicker than 2022? Thanks!

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

pilotguy53 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:15 pm Now that we're in 2023, does any one know how long you can sit in the hiring pool? With course starts every 2 weeks, will things be quicker than 2022? Thanks!
Depends how much experience you have I imagine. They’re probably gonna prioritize DECs and people who can upgrade quickly. I’ve heard people waiting anywhere from weeks to half a year.

Duke86
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Duke86 »

I just want to say how much I appreciate management being on here, responsive and open with their answers. It's very refreshing.

There has no doubt been a lot of interest in the YYC base. What's the likelihood of a pilot with >4000 hrs applying today being able to hold it reasonably soon after starting? Roughly how long do you estimate they would spend on reserve once they get to YYC?

Last edited by Duke86 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yogi21
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Yogi21 »

tbaylx wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:31 am
Bluewaffe wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:12 am How many pilots flair currently have?
319 as of Jan 9th
Hearing rumours that Swoop is planning YHM to Europe routes. Does Flair plan on adding European routes? Are more sun destinations planned? Thanks

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pacman007 »

I highly doubt that will happen. With the European pax fees for delays they will never turn a profit. It’s probably a rumour .

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Yogi21 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:04 am
tbaylx wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:31 am
319 as of Jan 9th
Hearing rumours that Swoop is planning YHM to Europe routes. Does Flair plan on adding European routes? Are more sun destinations planned? Thanks
We have no current plans for Europe, nor does that fit in a ULCC business model. There will be additional southern destinations added to the network for next winter.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

pacman007 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:02 am We have no current plans for Europe, nor does that fit in a ULCC business model. There will be additional southern destinations added to the network for next winter.
https://worldairways.com/longhaul-low-c ... e-us-first

Not only does it seem to fit in the ULCC world but the Flair corporate overlords also seem to disagree. Yes, this is an article from 2018, when Norwegian also conducted long haul ULCC flights.

"Miami-based 777 Partners revealed that their intended strategy for World would be to turn the carrier into a primarily long-haul ULCC, operating flights between the United States, South America, and Asia. The company is currently [in 2018] in talks with Boeing to order up to ten Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners to operate out of their planned hubs in Miami and Los Angeles."

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Arnie Pye wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:49 pm
pacman007 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:02 am We have no current plans for Europe, nor does that fit in a ULCC business model. There will be additional southern destinations added to the network for next winter.
https://worldairways.com/longhaul-low-c ... e-us-first

Not only does it seem to fit in the ULCC world but the Flair corporate overlords also seem to disagree. Yes, this is an article from 2018, when Norwegian also conducted long haul ULCC flights.

"Miami-based 777 Partners revealed that their intended strategy for World would be to turn the carrier into a primarily long-haul ULCC, operating flights between the United States, South America, and Asia. The company is currently [in 2018] in talks with Boeing to order up to ten Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners to operate out of their planned hubs in Miami and Los Angeles."
My apologies that I wasn't clear enough for you Arnie. Allow me to rephrase.

We have no current plans for Europe, nor does that fit in Flair's current ULCC business model since we operate Max8's and not 787's.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

tbaylx wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:59 pm My apologies that I wasn't clear enough for you Arnie. Allow me to rephrase.

We have no current plans for Europe, nor does that fit in Flair's current ULCC business model since we operate Max8's and not 787's.
I wasn't really trying to give you a hard time. Your statement above is more accurate to Flair's current business model.

Norwegian is no longer in the wide body ULCC game and neither is the 777/World Airways plan. Doesn't mean that someone else won't give it a go in the next couple of years. Doesn't have to be a widebody either. the 321LR has the legs to hit most of Europe and even the Max can reach Western Europe. You could argue that Ice Air with their stopover program and Northern Pacific are already in the LCC model for this type of flying with narrow bodies.

Others have tried. Others will. Plenty of other low hanging fruit with out the added complexity of ETOPS available.

Anyway, we are drifting from the OP, discussing Flair's hiring.

Ahas
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ahas »

I got an invite from Flair in December but I couldn’t attend. They send me an email in January asking if I am still interested in the interview process, I didn’t notice the email until a week later but I did respond and said yes I am still interested.

Does anyone know how long it will take them to reinvite me?
Bit worried. Thank you

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Ahas wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:27 am I got an invite from Flair in December but I couldn’t attend. They send me an email in January asking if I am still interested in the interview process, I didn’t notice the email until a week later but I did respond and said yes I am still interested.

Does anyone know how long it will take them to reinvite me?
Bit worried. Thank you
You’ll be fine. No need to hit the panic button. Your email is probably in a queue of 300 other HR related questions. They’ll get to it

Ahas
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ahas »

Okay, thank you Capt.Duke. I appreciate your response.

Smalldog94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Smalldog94 »

Anyone getting interview invites? I have a current 37 TR and am hoping to join flair, don’t quite meet the TT for DEC but would like to get my foot in the door

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

:?

Last edited by capt_Z on Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

capt_Z wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:54 pm What are the chances for 2000+ TT mostly all instruction time.

Is anyone with similar profile here?
Possibly, we've hired a few pilots around 1500 hours although the recruiting team certainly prefers to see some 705 experience. It would depend on your Compass Test score. If it's above 28 then we'd likely consider that level of experience.

El_Capitano
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by El_Capitano »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:28 pm
capt_Z wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:54 pm What are the chances for 2000+ TT mostly all instruction time.

Is anyone with similar profile here?
Possibly, we've hired a few pilots around 1500 hours although the recruiting team certainly prefers to see some 705 experience. It would depend on your Compass Test score. If it's above 28 then we'd likely consider that level of experience.

At what point in the process are you given a Compass Test? 28 out of what possible score?

highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by highspeed »

The day of your interview.

Group exercise.

Compass test. DECs get a shortened version as opposed to effoes. It is quite interesting. Multitasking with some joystick fun amongst other exercises I can't recall.

Panel interview.

I am not aware of the scoring system of the Compass test.

Good luck.

Return to “Flair Airlines”