P4C

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

eurotrash
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: P4C

Post by eurotrash »

sportingrifle wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:17 pm Because if it is an HR issue he (quite properly) wouldn’t tell me. If anything is indeed happening.

Irrespective, I will make a general observation based on having seen the union/company relationship ebb and flow many times during my time here. The company cuts bad actors considerable discretion when the union / management relationship is relatively calm. When the two are at war, that discretion is greatly reduced and summary executions periodically happen. For those pilots with a habit of doing dumb shit, for the next few months it could be prudent to be on good behaviour.
Are you making the assumption that any potential actions by the company is justifiable because of your political support of the YVR Chair who is a known friend of management?

Is your support of the YVR Chair due to your own personal financial situation and your readily apparent lack of regard for others who are struggling with flay pay, furlough, and high cost of living?
---------- ADS -----------

sportingrifle
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sportingrifle »

Not sure where your post is coming from. I am not making any assumptions, the LEC chair isn’t a personal friend, and I am not sure what my financial situation has to do with anything. I was just trying to learn what was going on. If anything.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Here we go again! Pass the popcorn.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Winnikegger wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 pm SportingRifle,

Why don't you ask your buddy- the YVR Base Chair

Probably try email and he can call you back. He has tough reception from his cabin and it's summer. He is enjoying his decade away from the flight line
God I hate this top secret, can’t say the names crap. If you want to insinuate that something happened, just man up and say it. If people aren’t willing to back up what they say with details then they should just shut the f”$k up.

YULCompanyManDan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YULCompanyManDan »

If you want the full story or any inside info from the company, just check out my Facebook page

I'm not afraid like these children change people. I'll call members dip$hits if they are a dip$hit

Tabarnac

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

YULCompanyManDan wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:16 pm If you want the full story or any inside info from the company, just check out my Facebook page

I'm not afraid like these children change people. I'll call members dip$hits if they are a dip$hit

Tabarnac

Look up the word "shill" Dan. Suits you perfectly.

YULCompanyManDan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YULCompanyManDan »

I'm not sure what that means tabarnac

But we can't be doing things for too much money otherwise Air Transat will be taking our flying. We owe it to the company to do that little extra for free or else the competition will be taking our jobs!!

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

YULCompanyManDan wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:34 pm I'm not sure what that means tabarnac

But we can't be doing things for too much money otherwise Air Transat will be taking our flying. We owe it to the company to do that little extra for free or else the competition will be taking our jobs!!
This is the kind of attitude that has brought Canadian pilot pay to its knees. You don't expect the CEO of a company to work for free or less than what it takes to make rent in Toronto, do you? How is it legal (yes, legal!) for pilots to have to do so after 5-10 years in the industry?

When pilot pay is decent enough to be able live comfortably (I do not mean rolling in luxury, just able to afford the basics and maybe a little savings), then we can talk about "pitching in with free work" for the company.

I do not work for AC but this is applicable to any company across the board. Making someone do work for free that they could have another paid employee for is nothing but wage theft and should be punishable by law!

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

PeterParker wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:16 am
YULCompanyManDan wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:34 pm I'm not sure what that means tabarnac

This is the kind of attitude that has brought Canadian pilot pay to its knees. You don't expect the CEO of a company to work for free or less than what it takes to make rent in Toronto, do you? How is it legal (yes, legal!) for pilots to have to do so after 5-10 years in the industry?

When pilot pay is decent enough to be able live comfortably (I do not mean rolling in luxury, just able to afford the basics and maybe a little savings), then we can talk about "pitching in with free work" for the company.

I do not work for AC but this is applicable to any company across the board. Making someone do work for free that they could have another paid employee for is nothing but wage theft and should be punishable by law!
YULCompanyManDan and ReturnoftheMike are both satire accounts, making fun of either current or former members of ACPA leadership.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:38 pm
PeterParker wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:16 am

YULCompanyManDan and ReturnoftheMike are both satire accounts, making fun of either current or former members of ACPA leadership.
Guys couldn't figure that out yet have an opinion how to change everything :lol:

Return to “Air Canada”