Airport traffic mini rant

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Airport traffic mini rant

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:33 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:24 pm 3 minute landing delay yields pages and pages of a thread.

3 minutes.
I think a page or two of that was you complaining about having to wait 30 seconds at the Nexus line.
I was delayed 7 hours connecting overseas due to a “technical” issue. Reading stories out just the last couple of days, I got off easy. Maybe cause someone showed too drunk to fly, for all I know. Am I allowed to complain about that?
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:36 pm
CpnCrunch wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:33 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:24 pm 3 minute landing delay yields pages and pages of a thread.

3 minutes.
I think a page or two of that was you complaining about having to wait 30 seconds at the Nexus line.
I was delayed 7 hours connecting overseas due to a “technical” issue. Reading stories out just the last couple of days, I got off easy. Maybe cause someone showed too drunk to fly, for all I know. Am I allowed to complain about that?
If you think it will help. It’s your mental health in jeopardy.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

photofly wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:33 pm
There are a million and one possibilities why this pilot might have done what he did,
That's all assuming that the account is reliable. I have a difficult time seeing a colleague elbow someone out of the way.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Bede wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:00 pm
There are a million and one possibilities why this pilot might have done what he did,
That's all assuming that the account is reliable. I have a difficult time seeing a colleague elbow someone out of the way.
There is a frame of mind where one accepts someone's report of another's perfidy and is able empathize with it, without having to form a definite conclusion about its veracity. It's very helpful for listening to children, too.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:08 am
There is a frame of mind where one accepts someone's report of another's perfidy and is able empathize with it, without having to form a definite conclusion about its veracity. It's very helpful for listening to children, too.
Funny. Do you wear your 4 bars flight instructor uniform in the Scarborough mall too, to impress the teen girls at the food court?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:17 am

Funny.
Not a shred of humour was intended, I assure you. I'm sorry you were offended by the pilot in uniform. I don't have to form a view of whether he actually pushed past you, or you misinterpreted the situation, in order to say that.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:37 am
rookiepilot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:17 am
Funny.
Not a shred of humour was intended, I assure you. I'm sorry you were offended by the pilot in uniform. I don't have to form a view of whether he actually pushed past you, or you misinterpreted the situation, in order to say that.
You guys all think you’re full of yourselves. The absolute definition of professionalism inside and out of the cockpit. Its a Bizarre attitude to the rest of us peons. Take the ego trip down a notch. Humility helps in what is a service position in the end — serving the public. That is all I am saying.

Sorry to bust your ballon. If you were such professionals, none of the airline horror stories that you see in the news would be happening, because captains wouldn’t stand for it.

Writing this is a waste of time. 95% of you couldn’t care less. BTD is the only poster I saw that appeared to show a different attitude.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:43 am
You guys all think you’re full of yourselves.
This sentence: I do not think it means what you think it means.

Return to “General Comments”