AME Wages 2022

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

AME Wages 2022

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

How are wages in Canada this year? Would like to hear from all areas;
-Airlines
-Corporate
-Management
-MRO
-Helicopter
-GA

Job postings are very confusing these days with huge spreads for hourly rates based on experience or not even posted at all.

Input would benefit everyone to establish what’s normal.
---------- ADS -----------

motox415
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: AME Wages 2022

Post by motox415 »

Perimeter ACA wage between $32.00 to $50.78 hr plus Lead Hand/Crew Chief premiums of $1.50/3.00 hr. Working on Metro's and DHC-8's.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

motox415 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:50 am Perimeter ACA wage between $32.00 to $50.78 hr plus Lead Hand/Crew Chief premiums of $1.50/3.00 hr. Working on Metro's and DHC-8's.
That’s nearly a $20/hr spread for an Aca

Found
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Found »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:30 am
motox415 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:50 am Perimeter ACA wage between $32.00 to $50.78 hr plus Lead Hand/Crew Chief premiums of $1.50/3.00 hr. Working on Metro's and DHC-8's.
That $20/hr spread makes sense if $32 is for an non ACA licences person.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Found wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:29 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:30 am
That $20/hr spread makes sense if $32 is for an non ACA licences person.

He clearly stated for an ACA

747-875
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 747-875 »

Based on my experience and what I've been hearing from others these days in Canada ACA at an airline $40-something an hour seems to be about the normal range.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

747-875 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:56 pm Based on my experience and what I've been hearing from others these days in Canada ACA at an airline $40-something an hour seems to be about the normal range.
That’s what I’m hearing too :?

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

So with a wage at 40/hr. Add CPP, EI, Holiday pay, stat holidays, and overtime into the equation that an employer has to pay. Then if they offer benefits, how much does that 40/hr really cost the employer? I take this into consideration and with confidence say that equivalates to at least 60/hr if a person goes contract. When i see contract rates offered by some of these "agencies" of 40/hr that is a complete insult. I would like to see all the contract agencies go back to the sewers from where they came. They offer no benefit. To me contract companies are just a front from a lazy individual/individuals who want to make a few bucks off they guy who really is doing all the work. I refuse to go through contract agencies for all the afor mentioned reasons. If more guys refused these shithole agencies and went direct to the company needing the help, then wages/rates will climb.

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:53 am So with a wage at 40/hr. Add CPP, EI, Holiday pay, stat holidays, and overtime into the equation that an employer has to pay. Then if they offer benefits, how much does that 40/hr really cost the employer? I take this into consideration and with confidence say that equivalates to at least 60/hr if a person goes contract. When i see contract rates offered by some of these "agencies" of 40/hr that is a complete insult. I would like to see all the contract agencies go back to the sewers from where they came. They offer no benefit. To me contract companies are just a front from a lazy individual/individuals who want to make a few bucks off they guy who really is doing all the work. I refuse to go through contract agencies for all the afor mentioned reasons. If more guys refused these shithole agencies and went direct to the company needing the help, then wages/rates will climb.
I agree, our contract rates are far higher than 60/hr when doing contract work. I personally don’t think any contractor should go for less than $75/hr, oh ya, and “day rates” are just that, for a standard 8 hour day. Another thing that’s being slighted in the most criminal way are all standard stipends for meals and incidentals, they’re the same as they were nearly 30 years ago in Canada ffs. This isn’t a charity but lots of guys treat it like that.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

SeptRepair wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:53 am So with a wage at 40/hr. Add CPP, EI, Holiday pay, stat holidays, and overtime into the equation that an employer has to pay. Then if they offer benefits, how much does that 40/hr really cost the employer? I take this into consideration and with confidence say that equivalates to at least 60/hr if a person goes contract. When i see contract rates offered by some of these "agencies" of 40/hr that is a complete insult. I would like to see all the contract agencies go back to the sewers from where they came. They offer no benefit. To me contract companies are just a front from a lazy individual/individuals who want to make a few bucks off they guy who really is doing all the work. I refuse to go through contract agencies for all the afor mentioned reasons. If more guys refused these shithole agencies and went direct to the company needing the help, then wages/rates will climb.
I started trying to go direct contracting years ago for various reasons.

Generally, many companies would do this but there are several(mostly larger outfits) who outright refuse to take indvidual contractors, mostly for bs reasons.
From what I could determine, there's generally a contract clause with an agency that prevents(supposedly) the company from hiring directly. KF immediately comes to mind with Suxon, but it is not uncommon.

The other issue I ran into was the reluctance to give a contract AME the amount the agency is already collecting for them.
Many maint dept heads have an issue with any mech collecting directly what they are already paying an agency for their services.

My guess is that amount is often more than the production manager or DOM are making, not to mention interupting the greasing of palms that goes on between companies and agencies(golf trips, hockey/football games, etc}.

My conclusion is is that no matter how desperate any company is for experienced AME's, it will never overcome the engrained lack of professional respect that dominates this business.

Even if they capitulate to your terms it will be with resent, and they will immediately be looking to either take away agreed to terms, renegotiate lower, or replace cheaper asap.

This is why you dont back down and pull in all you can. They quite probably will refrain from using you again, if possible, if you dont play ball with them so you need to make it count.

I don't regret a single time I stuck to my guns, but I do regret the times I let myself be manipulated.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:09 pm

Generally, many companies would do this but there are several(mostly larger outfits) who outright refuse to take indvidual contractors, mostly for bs reasons.
From what I could determine, there's generally a contract clause with an agency that prevents(supposedly) the company from hiring directly. KF immediately comes to mind with Suxon, but it is not uncommon.

The other issue I ran into was the reluctance to give a contract AME the amount the agency is already collecting for them.
Many maint dept heads have an issue with any mech collecting directly what they are already paying an agency for their services.

My guess is that amount is often more than the production manager or DOM are making, not to mention interupting the greasing of palms that goes on between companies and agencies(golf trips, hockey/football games, etc}.

My conclusion is is that no matter how desperate any company is for experienced AME's, it will never overcome the engrained lack of professional respect that dominates this business.

Even if they capitulate to your terms it will be with resent, and they will immediately be looking to either take away agreed to terms, renegotiate lower, or replace cheaper asap.

This is why you dont back down and pull in all you can. They quite probably will refrain from using you again, if possible, if you dont play ball with them so you need to make it count.

I don't regret a single time I stuck to my guns, but I do regret the times I let myself be manipulated.
I love the bitterness from some customers when I don’t “give them a deal” it’s hilarious to me. Our rates are public in the USA and when I work in Canada the same rates with exchange conversion apply. I have all repeat customers minus the ones I cut loose.

EVERYONE Needs to keep their standards to what they are and not be so malleable. This industry is diseased with O2 thieving owners (usually snot nosed trust fund pilots) that have no clue what is involved with PROPER aircraft maintenance. I happily lead them to the MPM and MCM and aircraft manuals when they disagree with what’s being done and why “it costs so much”. Stick to the proper standards and appropriate rates everyone. It’s easier said than done I know but I’ll leave that rung right where it sits, and call out anyone cutting corners and working for garbage.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

ACA's at my company start at 38 and go to 48........................737's

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:21 pm
Pat Richard wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:09 pm

I love the bitterness from some customers when I don’t “give them a deal” it’s hilarious to me. Our rates are public in the USA and when I work in Canada the same rates with exchange conversion apply. I have all repeat customers minus the ones I cut loose.

EVERYONE Needs to keep their standards to what they are and not be so malleable. This industry is diseased with O2 thieving owners (usually snot nosed trust fund pilots) that have no clue what is involved with PROPER aircraft maintenance. I happily lead them to the MPM and MCM and aircraft manuals when they disagree with what’s being done and why “it costs so much”. Stick to the proper standards and appropriate rates everyone. It’s easier said than done I know but I’ll leave that rung right where it sits, and call out anyone cutting corners and working for garbage.
The "give me a deal" attitude is across a broad spectrum in aviation, the common piece being that it's generated by the pilot hive, or AME's who've ascended into managerial positions and are trying to emulate to fit in.

Its always amazed me how many guys over the years went off the floor and into management, and almost immediately turned into the bag licking dictators they previously complained about daily.

Pilot/owners are generally the shitiest towards maintenance guys. I can specifically recall many instances, but a favorite was when a group of pilots entered the owners office looking for a raise.

The got a very healthy bump, the senior guys into the $200G range, after only about 20 min of"bs'ing" with the fly boy owner. What I was told from a person who was present was that the mood of the meeting was only slighty more intense than when they bs over lunch.

So maintenance hears of this, which hadn't seen raises in almost 6 years because "there's no money", and decides to attempt the same.

Fewer guys make up the group(several chickened out due to fear of losing jobs/pissing owner off) and they promptly get told "there's no money, but if you can show me where I can make cuts to fund your raises, I'll consider it."

So the dipshit AME, who was and still is very full of himself, takes 10 days to compile a "report" on how to get raises. He comes back with recommending canning two senior AME's that were topping the pay scale. This guy was a crewchief with maybe half the experience.

So anyway, guess what happened? They were happy to get just over two bucks an hour more and work short handed.

So as shitty as pilot owners can be/are, there's always some hero AME trying to "prove themselves" to the owners and against senior guys.

The tard that did this was actually bragging on how "the owner tasked me to write a report on how to budget the proposed increases."

I remember asking him back, "Who was the pilot that did that for their raises???"

I got a smirk, blank stare, and crickets.

Fucking tool.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Ahmad M wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:37 pm Actually it varies from company to company, Benelux Tek Group Inc. is #hiring experienced professionals for the aerospace industries throughout the Canada. Benelux Tek Group Inc. is a recruitment company that has been serving job seekers and companies for over 30 years.

We have exciting new aviation contracts for the below mentioned positions:
1. AME-M (Ontario, Canada)
2. Aircraft Structure Technician (Ontario, Canada)
3. Structure Technician (Ontario, Canada)
4. Avionics Technician (British Columbia, Canada)
5. AME-M (British Columbia, Canada)
6. Dash 8 Endorsed AME [Maintenance and Avionics] – (Quebec, Canada)
7. Aircraft Structure Technician (British Columbia, Canada)
8. Mechanics-ATR (Ontario, Canada)
9. Aircraft Mechanic (British Columbia, Canada) and many more...

Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com so that our team can review your profile.
Kindly ensure that your resume is updated with all your information including your contact number and email address.

Our LinkedIn Profile: https://lnkd.in/d39EBEPK
Who we are: https://lnkd.in/dGpebJg3

Sheikh Ahmad (ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com)
Tech Recruiter
With no wages posted ….. LOL

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

boeingboy wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:33 pm ACA's at my company start at 38 and go to 48........................737's
Sounds like a teal blue white wage

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

Ahmad M wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:37 pm Actually it varies from company to company, Benelux Tek Group Inc. is #hiring experienced professionals for the aerospace industries throughout the Canada. Benelux Tek Group Inc. is a recruitment company that has been serving job seekers and companies for over 30 years.

Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com so that our team can review your profile.
Kindly ensure that your resume is updated with all your information including your contact number and email address.

Tech Recruiter
Are these contract position and if so, what are the rates and package details?

Otherwise, as a 26 year experienced M1/M2 with all 737 endorsements, all dhc-8 endorsements, plus a smattering of other types, Im not interested in relocating for a medicre paying payroll position to big urban center that I cant afford to live in.

Cheers'

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Ahmad M wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:39 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:01 pm

Tech Recruiter
With no wages posted ….. LOL
We do understand your sentiments, but that’s not the case with us, we do offer good wages even 50$ for some of the AME positions.
We do offer good wages even 50$ for most of the above mentioned positions.
Not only wages, we do prefer extra benefits for different positions (for example - Accommodation, - Flight to Job Location, - Luxury furnished Condo, -Living out Allowance, - Travel Expenses, - Hotel+Meals)

You are requested to share your resume at the provided email address (ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com) so that our team can reach out to you soon!
We’d be delighted to assist you. We will do our best to negotiate the wage with company based on your preferences. If you are not interested in applying but know someone who might be, kindly let us know. We’d like to keep in touch with you in the future so that we may offer you a greater opportunity.

Regards,
Sheikh Ahmad Senior Technical Recruiter at Benelux Tek Aerospace
https://www.beneluxtekgroupinc.com/
$50/hr as a contractor 😐 ….. I’ve never had to pay and lose travel and accommodations, incidentals or meals as a contractor as most professional ames haven’t I would hope.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

chowda wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:00 pm

Tech Recruiter
Are these contract position and if so, what are the rates and package details?

Otherwise, as a 26 year experienced M1/M2 with all 737 endorsements, all dhc-8 endorsements, plus a smattering of other types, Im not interested in relocating for a medicre paying payroll position to big urban center that I cant afford to live in.

Cheers'
I think after this users spam assault he will be quiet from now on lol

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:02 pm
boeingboy wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:33 pm ACA's at my company start at 38 and go to 48........................737's
A little better than from what I understand.......

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Crossthreaded »

boeingboy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:57 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:02 pm
A little better than from what I understand.......
I hear the same, it was more before onex bought them I think

Return to “General Comments”