Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Voyageur Airways Limited - Hamilton, ON; $21.54–$24.24 an hour

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Voyageur Airways Limited - Hamilton, ON; $21.54–$24.24 an hour

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

all_ramped_up wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:49 am That HAS to be an Apprentice wage... I made $21/hr immediately after graduating from AME School back in 2015.

Licensed guys where I'm at start at $30/hr, which isn't good but it sure as heck is better than $24.24 an hour. lol
For vih probably an error not voyageur tho. They were offering a FO $20/hr on a dash 8 y earlier this year
---------- ADS -----------

all_ramped_up
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Voyageur Airways Limited - Hamilton, ON; $21.54–$24.24 an hour

Post by all_ramped_up »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:55 am They were offering a FO $20/hr on a dash 8 y earlier this year
:shock:

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

So I happened to look what other mechanics in other trades are being offered.

Aviation, particularly Voyageur, are way out of touch. Like bottom feeder out of touch

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Job/kelowna-me ... KO8,16.htm

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

chowda wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:44 am So I happened to look what other mechanics in other trades are being offered.

Aviation, particularly Voyageur, are way out of touch. Like bottom feeder out of touch

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Job/kelowna-me ... KO8,16.htm
Yep, people that own these amo’s (mostly pilots) have no clue what other trades make largely. 300k per annum is average for most of the heavy duty mechanics I know.

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

Thats just it. they're either too lazy or too arrogant to GAF to find out because there's always some twat willing to do it for what they offer.

i honestly have no clue what it is that attracts anybody to get into this shite business. You have to be an enthusiast and just not care about anything else but being around airplanes and telling people thats what you do.

Not sure if that kind of insanity can be broken

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

chowda wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:05 pm Thats just it. they're either too lazy or too arrogant to GAF to find out because there's always some twat willing to do it for what they offer.

i honestly have no clue what it is that attracts anybody to get into this shite business. You have to be an enthusiast and just not care about anything else but being around airplanes and telling people thats what you do.

Not sure if that kind of insanity can be broken
It can’t, it’s a diseased mentality in Canada. This predatory employer behaviour on the aforementioned aerosexuality is systemic, and there is no cure, there will always be someone in line willing to work for nothing here in canada. Pathetic industry

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Ahmad M wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:35 pm Our company is looking for the experienced aviation professionals for the following positions:
Benelux Tek Group Inc. is #hiring experienced professionals for the aerospace industries throughout the Canada. Benelux Tek Group Inc. is a recruitment company that has been serving job seekers and companies for over 30 years.

We have exciting new aviation contracts for the below mentioned positions:
1. AME-M (Ontario, Canada)
2. Aircraft Structure Technician (Ontario, Canada)
3. Structure Technician (Ontario, Canada)
4. Avionics Technician (British Columbia, Canada)
5. AME-M (British Columbia, Canada)
6. Dash 8 Endorsed AME [Maintenance and Avionics] – (Quebec, Canada)
7. Aircraft Structure Technician (British Columbia, Canada)
8. Mechanics-ATR (Ontario, Canada)
9. Aircraft Mechanic (British Columbia, Canada) and many more...

Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com so that our team can review your profile.
Kindly ensure that your resume is updated with all your information including your contact number and email address.

Our LinkedIn Profile: https://lnkd.in/d39EBEPK
Who we are: https://lnkd.in/dGpebJg3

Sheikh Ahmad (ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com)
Tech Recruiter
Do any of those positions pay even remotely close to what Journeyman Kia mechanic makes? ($125000 - $175000 a year, day shift, with additional signing bonuses)

If you peruse the the links provided in this thread you will see what youre up against and why you have to resort to pasting in forum threads with openings you cant fill due to minimal qualified interest.

Im willing to bet that none of those positions pay even $50 a/hr for an ACA AME, and probably most dont even crack $40.

I would love to be proven wrong but Im not holding my breath.

Good luck in your unicorn hunting.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:15 pm
Ahmad M wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:35 pm Our company is looking for the experienced aviation professionals for the following positions:
Benelux Tek Group Inc. is #hiring experienced professionals for the aerospace industries throughout the Canada. Benelux Tek Group Inc. is a recruitment company that has been serving job seekers and companies for over 30 years.

Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com so that our team can review your profile.
Kindly ensure that your resume is updated with all your information including your contact number and email address.

Tech Recruiter
Do any of those positions pay even remotely close to what Journeyman Kia mechanic makes? ($125000 - $175000 a year, day shift, with additional signing bonuses)

If you peruse the the links provided in this thread you will see what youre up against and why you have to resort to pasting in forum threads with openings you cant fill due to minimal qualified interest.

Im willing to bet that none of those positions pay even $50 a/hr for an ACA AME, and probably most dont even crack $40.

Likely the 40ish mark. I think this is a head hunting agency which of course takes the bacon off the workers back to work for their set rates.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:12 pm
Pat Richard wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:15 pm

Tech Recruiter

Likely the 40ish mark. I think this is a head hunting agency which of course takes the bacon off the workers back to work for their set rates.
It could be, but I know where several of those positions are and they are in the mid $30's, or right at 30 or just below(BC).

But again, there is the lack of posting wtf the pay is. To me, it shows that they still think they are driving the bus and even if you do contact them and ask very early on what the pay is, it will elicit a reaction like dropping a fart.

They still try and push the "intrigue" angle and "look us up on linkedin so we look at your profile", etc, etc. How about posting the bloody wages and doing their own legwork on linkedin? When I see ads not posting wages I automatically skip it. Cant be bothered to contact, get into a lengthy exchange about my details, only to finally ask about the pay and then wanting my time back.

They are not in the drivers seat anymore but are still demanding effort from AME's so they can do their jobs. I guess they think they can persuade you once youre in contact, I dont know. Either way, its a bullshit SOP that most are than tired of experiencing.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

That can’t actually be a real ad. “In the Canada”? WTF?
Got to say if it is I would be ashamed to even apply if I wanted to polish some aluminum.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:03 pm That can’t actually be a real ad. “In the Canada”? WTF?
Got to say if it is I would be ashamed to even apply if I wanted to polish some aluminum.
I think it’s a head hunting agency, wages will be crap I’m sure

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

So desperate. So funny. Love it.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:52 am So desperate. So funny. Love it.
Nothing changes lol. This group of A-holes in Canada have no one to blame but themselves IF they can’t find anyone, which they will. The requirements to fly now compared to 15-20 years ago is a joke, let alone what they’re doing with ames (10 apprentices for one AME is not even a joke anymore, it’s commonplace). Operators are really pushing it with personnel, all because they refuse to pay appropriately.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

They will lobby the government to open up for foriegn workers before they ever start paying properly.

They are also currently trying to achieve company issued licenses, so as to be able to "train up" joe blows off the streets.

Once that happens, in the industry's eyes, the irrating problem of properly paying experienced people will go away.

Never mind the "you get what you pay for" reality. Its all about staff numbers to these pinheads.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:04 am They will lobby the government to open up for foriegn workers before they ever start paying properly.

They are also currently trying to achieve company issued licenses, so as to be able to "train up" joe blows off the streets.

Once that happens, in the industry's eyes, the irrating problem of properly paying experienced people will go away.

Never mind the "you get what you pay for" reality. Its all about staff numbers to these pinheads.
RCA’s and SCA’s are already being issued to said foreign workers / licensed in other countries in Canada ( I witnessed this first hand last fall and I couldn’t believe they were doing that) because of the lack of appropriately rated ames willing to work for said operator for said wage. I know for a fact guys with the required license and endorsement’s sat at home rather than work due to wages offered (and they were indeed offered the work).

There is, however, a caveat to all of this in the CAR’s;

571.11 Persons Who May Sign a Maintenance Release

Information Note:
Unwillingness on the part of an RCA applicant to pay the remuneration requested by a suitably rated AME who is willing to certify the maintenance, does not constitute valid justification to grant an RCA. (See link below)

https://tc.canada.ca/en/corporate-servi ... rs#571s_11

That is a DAMNING statement not just to one operator but pretty well the entire group who are weaselling their applications for RCA through transport with said foreign workers.

No one hardly ever reports these shady operators because realistically, most who have strong knowledge of the car’s either avoid these operators altogether, are in on the scam with the owner as a PRM or QA getting greased, or work for themselves and control what they sign (contractor).

PVI’s cost money and aren’t being conducted indiscriminately anymore, I personally think that’s a mistake.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Ahmad M wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:36 am We do understand your sentiments as many recruitment agencies are spreading false information. However, that's not the case with us, we offer good wages even 50$ for most of the above mentioned positions.
Not only wages, we do prefer extra benefits for different positions (for example - Accommodation, - Flight to Job Location, - Luxury furnished Condo, -Living out Allowance, - Travel Expenses, - Hotel+Meals)

You are requested to share your resume at the provided email address (ahmad.m@beneluxtekgroupinc.com) so that our team can reach out to you soon!
We’d be delighted to assist you. We will do our best to negotiate the wage with company based on your preferences. If you are not interested in applying but know someone who might be, kindly let us know. We’d like to keep in touch with you in the future so that we may offer you a greater opportunity.

Regards,
Sheikh Ahmad Senior Technical Recruiter at Benelux Tek Aerospace
https://www.beneluxtekgroupinc.com/
I'll be honest with you, I think that even $50 a/hr you will be hard pressed finding the numbers you need. It's a case of too little too late.

I'll hazard a guess, and if Im wrong so be it, but for the positions you have that you say are $50 a/hr, what are the responsibilities of the position???
You see for that wage, with an industry known to be beyond cheap, I look at it with suspicion and a "whats the catch??" attitude because, well..its aviation. There has to be something because experience has proven that this business always finds angles to phuk mechs over, and if it seems too good to be true it most definetly is.

Regardless, $50 an hour amounts to $104000 a year in a world where a KIA mechanic is being offered $125000 to $175000, and semi trailer mechanics make the same as AME's.

Thats the trouble when you're trying to entice back people who have had to think over the last couple of years and have generally moved on.

I don't envy the task you've been given.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:26 am
Pat Richard wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:04 am They will lobby the government to open up for foriegn workers before they ever start paying properly.

RCA’s and SCA’s are already being issued to said foreign workers / licensed in other countries in Canada ( I witnessed this first hand last fall and I couldn’t believe they were doing that) because of the lack of appropriately rated ames willing to work for said operator for said wage. I know for a fact guys with the required license and endorsement’s sat at home rather than work due to wages offered (and they were indeed offered the work).

Information Note:
Unwillingness on the part of an RCA applicant to pay the remuneration requested by a suitably rated AME who is willing to certify the maintenance, does not constitute valid justification to grant an RCA. (See link below)

That is a DAMNING statement not just to one operator but pretty well the entire group who are weaselling their applications for RCA through transport with said foreign workers.

No one hardly ever reports these shady operators because realistically, most who have strong knowledge of the car’s either avoid these operators altogether, are in on the scam with the owner as a PRM or QA getting greased, or work for themselves and control what they sign (contractor).

PVI’s cost money and aren’t being conducted indiscriminately anymore, I personally think that’s a mistake.

That is an interesting statement but like most everything else TC related, it will never be enforced. The political overlords will always look the other way particularly when lobbied.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:46 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:26 am

Information Note:

That is an interesting statement but like most everything else TC related, it will never be enforced. The political overlords will always look the other way particularly when lobbied.
I agree, that note in the cars is there for a reason, likely because it’s been an issue in the past (probably litigation), and it does somewhat cover TC in the event of a civil action. It is up to the operator to follow their AOC, MCM and MPM IAW the CAR’s.
The CAR’s and Standards are definitely something I think most Pilots and AME’s set aside until they reach management level, however, I think as professionals we should stay up on them through our careers (we’re obligated to). Referring to them when there’s debate definitely sheds light on matters, they are the framework we have to work with.
If you look states side and how the FAA is managing operators it’s very different and you can see how civil law has influenced varying areas of the flying game (some things way better some things not so much).
Either way, that statement is there, and definitely can be referenced in employment of AME’s. That statement has been brought up in management level discussion in the past. Once the dust settles, maybe paying for a “suitably rated AME” would be cheaper than inherent risk associated with issuing questionable RCA’s to save on wages, air fare and / or a work visa, etc.
Either way, management love rolling dice to save owners a few bucks for a hero cookie some places. That said, putting the facts on the table, sometimes elicits better thought process’ and cogent response from the people that hold the AE role and / or purse strings.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Dronepiper wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:14 pm $21/hr to be a licensed AME?!?! I $&@?ing hate this country.

You could literally make more money doing literally anything else. An “entry level” job in construction, mining, or oil/gas pays more than that.

If you actually wanted to still be a mechanic, just be a mine heavy duty equipment mechanic and you would be looking at like well over 100k/yr within a few years after graduation. You then have the opportunity to make up to 160k or more with a mine/contractors bonus structure. Not to mention most places offer OT at double your rate and it’s normally plentiful.

What’s so great about being an airplane mechanic?????!!
The title, but even that is becoming a lesser accolade these days.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

all_ramped_up wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:06 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:55 am They were offering a FO $20/hr on a dash 8 y earlier this year
:shock:
$20.07/hr based on a 2080hr year my bad lol

viewtopic.php?t=157662

Return to “Maintenance”