Business flying slowing down?

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Business flying slowing down?

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

How is the business flying game holding up in this screwed up world?
Apparently things are headed to a slowdown?

https://wingx-advance.com/wingx-bizav-weekly-bulletin/
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Business flying slowing down?

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:36 am How is the business flying game holding up in this screwed up world?

Nope. Opposite, these guys are hedged to the hilt. Its cottage season though.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:14 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:36 am How is the business flying game holding up in this screwed up world?

Nope. Opposite, these guys are hedged to the hilt. Its cottage season though.
Ya it’s a very strange area of aviation, I figured the info was wrong

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

I am looking for a slowdown,don’t see it in my future,I can hardly wait for Covid 20 to arrive

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Liftdump wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:14 pm I am looking for a slowdown,don’t see it in my future,I can hardly wait for Covid 20 to arrive
I hear that. I think management companies are flat out from what I’ve seen

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

Nope, busy as ever.
Still hiring and getting new birds.

The customers just have to look at the news stories on tv coming out of YYZ and the passenger horror stories and if they can afford it they will fly private.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

hawker driver wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:39 pm Nope, busy as ever.
Still hiring and getting new birds.

The customers just have to look at the news stories on tv coming out of YYZ and the passenger horror stories and if they can afford it they will fly private.
Ya I was thinking that crapshoot would deter the more wealthy. I’be also read that Westjet and AC might strike soon.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

All our flying has picked up in the last couple of months. Recession doesn’t slow them down,

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

NovaBoy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:03 pm All our flying has picked up in the last couple of months. Recession doesn’t slow them down,
The wealthy thrive on recessions, we all knew that right? 🤫

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Crossthreaded »

It’s beginning to

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Crossthreaded wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:53 pm It’s beginning to
The used bizjet market is dealing with inflation still with the possibility of a price collapse. Some guys are holding back on upgrading or buying used.

Not helping the situation, manufacturers can't keep up with the demand, where the value currently is as msrp's haven't risen. But delivery times are 2 to 3 years out.

To top it off, training is nearly impossible to get slated for. Delays are 6 months to as far as a year out. So someone who had someone leave today, will need to wait 6 months before they can train a new pilot.

You'd think this would motivate owners and companies to hustle and develop new strategies *other than bonding* to keep crews from leaving, but nothing has really changed in drastic fashion beyond barely staffing for duty regs....

I think the only thing keeping bizav alive in Canada is retired Air Canada pilots, and middle career guys unable to move laterally to the airlines due to a major loss in salary.

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Buddy of mine just got hired at a new corporate outfit in the east. They can’t even get him a sim date till spring 2023.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:23 am
The used bizjet market is dealing with inflation still with the possibility of a price collapse. Some guys are holding back on upgrading or buying used.

Not helping the situation, manufacturers can't keep up with the demand, where the value currently is as msrp's haven't risen. But delivery times are 2 to 3 years out.

To top it off, training is nearly impossible to get slated for. Delays are 6 months to as far as a year out. So someone who had someone leave today, will need to wait 6 months before they can train a new pilot.

You'd think this would motivate owners and companies to hustle and develop new strategies *other than bonding* to keep crews from leaving, but nothing has really changed in drastic fashion beyond barely staffing for duty regs....

I think the only thing keeping bizav alive in Canada is retired Air Canada pilots, and middle career guys unable to move laterally to the airlines due to a major loss in salary.
I’m not really watching that area of the marker much these days but I know a bunch of guys left for us operators during the pandemic and that’s stirred a hornets nest with the guys they know. People are moving to working down here for better pay and schedules it’s nuts!

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

780Pilot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:49 am Buddy of mine just got hired at a new corporate outfit in the east. They can’t even get him a sim date till spring 2023.
Flight safety has a huge backlog on some sims right now

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Crossthreaded »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:23 am

60 seems to be a median age of these drivers

goingmach_1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by goingmach_1 »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:09 am
780Pilot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:49 am Buddy of mine just got hired at a new corporate outfit in the east. They can’t even get him a sim date till spring 2023.
Flight safety has a huge backlog on some sims right now
A big issue with training providers, is that they too have been raided of their instructors. Which means, they are severely under staffed, therefore too many students, not enough instructors. Not sure what the pay is, as a instructor, but obviously not enough to keep them. Its alot of work to get a instructor up to snuff. Given the complexity of the machines today, they are no more less as complex as a 787 or so when you see the avionics. Heads up display, synthetic vision as well as all the regulatory equipment CPDLC ect.

Money talks here.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

It's hard to compete when DEC down there is north of 200k everywhere, and majors are paying 265-450k 1st year Captain.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:23 pm It's hard to compete when DEC down there is north of 200k everywhere, and majors are paying 265-450k 1st year Captain.
Yep and that’s not even close to ever being mirrored in Canadas market. It’s too small and complete monopoly by a hand full of white haired ghouls. USA is larger and the workforce is dwindling, the caveat to that is USA protects it workers from foreign substitutes 1000 fold over Canada where it’s still a free for all, not to mention it’s much stricter with bad employers and crap wages.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Curious on this thread, current Biz flying demand, thanks.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:58 am Curious on this thread, current Biz flying demand, thanks.
It’s all over the place right now. management companies are always running hard (some at 150% no matter what). But corporate is a bit down from what I’ve been hearing

Return to “Corporate”