Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Looks like Porter is trying to poach Jazz EMB Capts

Post by goingmissed »

eeeroger wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:37 pm
altiplano wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:56 am It would certainly benefit them.
An air canada pilot suggesting the benefits of a union. Lol that’s rich. It seems a lot of this forum involves throwing stones from glass houses. Perhaps there is a reason why the Porter group hasn’t seriously pushed for a union in its 16 years? Those I know at Porter are quite looking forward to the future; a ton of applications I’ve heard as well. I hope the industry as a whole continues to prosper. Why not?
A good union maintains a good working relationship with the company. A good company maintains a good working relationship with its unions.

Porter seems like a good company and I believe it would work well with its unions.
---------- ADS -----------

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

goingmissed wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:00 am
eeeroger wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:37 pm
altiplano wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:56 am It would certainly benefit them.
An air canada pilot suggesting the benefits of a union. Lol that’s rich. It seems a lot of this forum involves throwing stones from glass houses. Perhaps there is a reason why the Porter group hasn’t seriously pushed for a union in its 16 years? Those I know at Porter are quite looking forward to the future; a ton of applications I’ve heard as well. I hope the industry as a whole continues to prosper. Why not?
A good union maintains a good working relationship with the company. A good company maintains a good working relationship with its unions.

Porter seems like a good company and I believe it would work well with its unions.
I think there becomes a point; sort of a "critical mass" when a single voice is actually good for both parties.

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

goingmissed wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:00 am

Someone send that in a letter to Air Canada.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”