Pilots working on CPL

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Pilots working on CPL

Post by KenoraPilot »

Hey Ya'll

I just wanted to address something I see daily.....pilots coming to Jazz without their requirements for their ATPL and being held back from an upgrade.

The best piece of advice my flight instructor gave me when I was finished my PPL and working on my CPL.......go look at the ATPL time requirements (x-country, night, PIC etc) and make sure during your time building for the CPL you hammer out all those requirements so that all you'll need is your total time and the exams. You're paying for the hours to get the CPL anyways, you may as well make those dollars count towards the ATPL in the future.

Even if you're not thinking about a career as an ATPL pilot, the experience you'll gain from those hours will be far superior than those in the circuit hammering out hours.

Just my 2 cents
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Pilots working on CPL

Post by Bede »

+1

flyndad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by flyndad »

Great advice. How exactly do low time Pilots progress sitting right seat?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

flyndad wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:30 am Great advice. How exactly do low time Pilots progress sitting right seat?
It's a struggle for most: attempt to do PICUS which is difficult and a slow long process or go rent a 152 and hammer out the hours as fast as possible.

flyndad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by flyndad »

Its the PIC under supervision I never really understood.

Return to “Flight Training”