Island Air Flight School Or Durham Flight Centre

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Moseph
Rank 0
Rank 0

Island Air Flight School Or Durham Flight Centre

Post by Moseph »

Hello!

I’m looking to start my PPL soon and I will probably be doing it part time since I’m working full time. I have been doing some research to find the right school for me. I live in downtown Toronto and the Island is only 30 minutes or less streetcar ride down on Bathrust. However, I find their prices are too high, Cessna 150 for $190 for solo and I heard few people mentioning that the practice area is a bit far from the airport.

My other option is Durham Flight Centre which will be an hour drive without traffic. The prices there are so much better and it’s only $135 for Cessna 152 solo. I also heard a lot of positive feedback about the school. I’m not sure if it’s worth the hour drive.

I also heard a lot of good things about Alec Myers Flight Training, also in Toronto Island but the prices are very high. I’m sure it’s worth it with much newer airplanes but I found it a bit high.

Any thoughts?

I’m sorry that I’m asking this question. I’m sure a lot of people ask it regularly.

Thank you!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”