P4C members terminated

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: P4C members terminated

Post by Fanblade »

Ratherbe wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:42 am Another reason it passed is because the silent majority.....
Yes the famous silent majority. Completely happy it is assumed.......or have you checked lately?

Are you sure you have your pulse on what they think today? They are hard to figure out because, well they are silent.

Ask yourself why voting and recalls have gone the way they have. What is up with that silent majority?

Hint. 50+ 1 post TA1.

This isn't 2012. This is the consequences of 2012.
---------- ADS -----------

sportingrifle
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sportingrifle »

Yesmassapayson…
FWIW…Blake is doing one of the first HK trips to see what issues occur. And when he is not doing that he is apparently quite busy trying to get a few dumb asses jobs back - something he seems to be unfortunately quite good at. Honestly, I get you hate the pre-P4C ACPA reps but he could find a cure for cancer and it seems it wouldn’t be enough.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Fanblade,

My full quote was “ Another reason it passed is because the silent majority did not want to see another group of crazies lead us out on a wildcat strike only to be arbitrated back to work again.”

This issue today is that the P4C leaders do not have a clear strategy to improve the WAWCON of AC pilots. They talk about unity while they slam senior pilots, they slam the union they represent, and they show zero transparency which apparently was one of their key principles. They have lost a lot credibility and some of them have even been fired which is not an easy thing to do.

History repeats itself, as do I apparently. Watch out here comes another train wreck.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

Buckle_Up wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:18 pm What these guys did is serious and they will be lucky if all they get is fired. I don't see this a a shot at P4C in the least. The one clown was on track to get fired before he got laid off. He had made a name for himself during his PIT Course and the unabashed arrogance grew from there.

No ones going to drop tools to support these guys and if you think they'll get their jobs back - you are delusional.

From what I have seen P4C has some great ideas, may want to work on your delivery. No doubt ACPA is useless but this wasn't their doing and remember the MEC Chairman is the Grand Poohbah of the P4C Movement.

Unfortunately these three made a seriously bad move but for the rest of us - time to move on - nothing to see here.

Hear ye, hear ye.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Ratherbe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:20 pm Fanblade,

My full quote was “ Another reason it passed is because the silent majority did not want to see another group of crazies lead us out on a wildcat strike only to be arbitrated back to work again.”

This issue today is that the P4C leaders do not have a clear strategy to improve the WAWCON of AC pilots. They talk about unity while they slam senior pilots, they slam the union they represent, and they show zero transparency which apparently was one of their key principles. They have lost a lot credibility and some of them have even been fired which is not an easy thing to do.

History repeats itself, as do I apparently. Watch out here comes another train wreck.
Ratherbe,

Status quo isn’t working. Just look at the performance. If you don’t like what the alternative is offering? Come up with a better alternative. Staying status quo isn’t an option this pilot group will entertain. So far you are offering Status quo or train wreck. No one wants either. Status quo guarantees substandard performance going forward. Change doesn’t guarantee a train wreck. Every other unionized group can get their Sh!t together but us? Really???

As for slamming senior people. I’m senior and don’t see it that way at all. What they are slamming is the performance and those who want to perpetuate the lack of performance. That happens to be largely, but not by any means all, senior people. There are a lot of senior people who are fed up too.

As I pointed out this isn’t a demographic battle. It’s a how you think battle.

YesMassaPayson
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YesMassaPayson »

sportingrifle wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:02 pm Yesmassapayson…
FWIW…Blake is doing one of the first HK trips to see what issues occur. And when he is not doing that he is apparently quite busy trying to get a few dumb asses jobs back - something he seems to be unfortunately quite good at. Honestly, I get you hate the pre-P4C ACPA reps but he could find a cure for cancer and it seems it wouldn’t be enough.
Sportingpistol,

Blake is too busy hanging out at the cottage with Flight Ops Mgmt to be doing any actual representation work.

Speaking of failure to represent: 511-241.

flyingfool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingfool »

Ratherbe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:20 pm Fanblade,

Hard to disagree here.

History is likely to repeat itself

We got the history trying to hold on to the history at all costs without any plan themselves other than to disrupt progress.

Same old Blake, Quinn, Dan and Rob with their cadet JF willing to do anything to impede steps in a new direction.

Conflict of interest motions, harassment accusations, public defamatory comments, flying with management, ignoring clear recall voting election results are just some of the known actions of these individuals

Until we get an aligned MEC, steps towards a new way of doing business instead of just having isolated talks with the company without the resources & info from other unions & pilot groups - it will be same old.

It's not that the new guys are going to repeat history, it's the has beens who won't let go of history that are going to lead to more of the same.

Sad state of affairs.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Latest Skywest TA (a regional) has top CA pay on a 76 seat jet at US$200/hour. That is C$260/hour at todays exchange rate.

The AC pilots need to stop with the circular firing squad and start to focus on real issues.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

rudder wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:30 am Latest Skywest TA (a regional) has top CA pay on a 76 seat jet at US$200/hour. That is C$260/hour at todays exchange rate.

The AC pilots need to stop with the circular firing squad and start to focus on real issues.
Agreed. Unfortunately those elected by the membership to bring about change are coming under fire from two different directions. Those two directions are not going to stop. Between now and October control of the union is up for grabs through elections. ACPA does not like what the membership has been electing and neither does the company. Both sides essentially flipping the bird at membership direction.

It is why we see so many quasi management types all of a sudden coming out of the woodwork and making all kinds of defeatist comments. They all of a sudden have realized this union might be on the verge of a change they don’t like. The company has just realized the same and is taking action. Up until now they thought it was just a few trouble makers that membership wasn’t really behind.

As much as the two entities don’t like the direction the membership wants? To bad. In the end the membership decides.

I mean Rudder. You had to know real change would be aggressively opposed. You didn’t actually think the company or ACPA would just let their little extension of management disappear without a fight for control. At the moment the two are team mates.

I think the company and the union think the membership has been scared off by recent events. The problem is that by ACPA sweeping events under the rug, most of the membership is clueless as to what they should be intimidated by. Or even who. Their voting won’t change.

We will know who is in control starting January within a few months. Voting starts in a few weeks. It is not a coincidence that the current chaos is happening. I would expect more.

Look at it this way. ACPA isn’t a union. What we have happening is a union drive. From that perspective, what is happening makes sense. If the union drive fails we go back to status quo. It’s up to the membership. As it should be.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Fanblade wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:02 am
I think the company and the union think the membership has been scared off by recent events. The problem is that by ACPA sweeping events under the rug, most of the membership is clueless as to what they should be intimidated by. Or even who. Their voting won’t change.

We will know who is in control starting January within a few months. Voting starts in a few weeks. It is not a coincidence that the current chaos is happening. I would expect more.

Look at it this way. ACPA isn’t a union. What we have happening is a union drive.
Nobody can be terminated for casting a vote for representation.

Hopefully all eligible pilots will casts votes in local elections that are pending, and then again if bargaining agent options are on the table.

Good luck.

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

I'm really going to miss this emails about ACPA golf tournaments and fishing trips while I live in someone's basement and walk everywhere because I can't afford to put gas in my car.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

FL030 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:23 am I'm really going to miss this emails about ACPA golf tournaments and fishing trips while I live in someone's basement and walk everywhere because I can't afford to put gas in my car.
Within 18 months there will be 1500+ AC pilots on flat pay. If that cannot create some type of member driven initiative regarding both local and national representation, as well as bargaining priorities, then there is no chance of raising the bar and making AC the gold standard for aspiring aviation professionals.

Buckle_Up
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Buckle_Up »

The company knows full well that the demographic swing is here. For the P4C crowd to think they are scared, don't flatter yourself, they will deal with it, same with a representation change. This was not a shot across the bow at ACPA, this is a shot at Attitude and irresponsible behavior.

We have new hire 50 year old, ex-WideBody Captains that are a pleasure to fly with. They are refugees of how cruel this industry can truly be, going from some of the (one time) coveted careers of Cathay and the Emirates. Funny how it isn't them spouting off on social media!

It is the low time college brats that seem to have the biggest mouths. Let's face it, this career is out of reach for most people. If Daddy isn't willing to cough up north of 150K, best look somewhere else. Wonder why you are called "entitled?"

Not to mention the Jazz Flow through has brought the lowest time Pilots to AC since the 60's.

As a newhire you were told the pay scale, if you weren't Man Enough to tell them during the interview to go pound sand - you accept the deal.

Nothing wrong with getting in the door and looking to facilitate change, it is all in the delivery.

YesMassaPayson
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YesMassaPayson »

Buckle_Up wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:27 am The company knows full well that the demographic swing is here. For the P4C crowd to think they are scared, don't flatter yourself, they will deal with it, same with a representation change. This was not a shot across the bow at ACPA, this is a shot at Attitude and irresponsible behavior.

We have new hire 50 year old, ex-WideBody Captains that are a pleasure to fly with. They are refugees of how cruel this industry can truly be, going from some of the (one time) coveted careers of Cathay and the Emirates. Funny how it isn't them spouting off on social media!

It is the low time college brats that seem to have the biggest mouths. Let's face it, this career is out of reach for most people. If Daddy isn't willing to cough up north of 150K, best look somewhere else. Wonder why you are called "entitled?"

Not to mention the Jazz Flow through has brought the lowest time Pilots to AC since the 60's.

As a newhire you were told the pay scale, if you weren't Man Enough to tell them during the interview to go pound sand - you accept the deal.

Nothing wrong with getting in the door and looking to facilitate change, it is all in the delivery.
Bruh, the fact that you think these terminations have anything to do with social media conduct shows how misinformed you are.

Your info is bad and you should feel bad.

Westcoast pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Westcoast pilot »

YesMassaPayson wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:04 am
Buckle_Up wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:27 am The company knows full well that the demographic swing is here. For the P4C crowd to think they are scared, don't flatter yourself, they will deal with it, same with a representation change. This was not a shot across the bow at ACPA, this is a shot at Attitude and irresponsible behavior.

Bruh, the fact that you think these terminations have anything to do with social media conduct shows how misinformed you are.

Your info is bad and you should feel bad.

Well how about you enlighten us with your all knowing knowledge….

furloughedAC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by furloughedAC »

As someone who got 0$ from Daddy and who worked 60 hours a week for 7 or 8 years to pay back the student loans, I can say it's not just the trust fund babies that think as an Air Canada pilot, I should be able to afford to live in the city where my job is.

FelixGustof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FelixGustof »

Is it too much to be 30 at AC and want to have enough money to pay your bills?

You know rent, groceries, car, and a phone so the company can call you to go to work

Does that make you entitled?

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

FelixGustof wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:48 am

You know rent, groceries, car, and a phone so the company can call you to go to work

No it doesn’t.

Buckle up have you ever heard the old saying that when you point, three fingers point back.

Are you sure that the “entitled ones” are the people you are pointing at? What about the three fingers pointing back at you, while telling the younger generation they are not entitled to the compensation you and I had when we were junior?

True sense of entitlement is rooted in the belief you are above the masses or average Joe. That you are special. You get to have things others don’t. It allows for the belief you are entitled to talk down to others, because they are below you in status. If they don’t think like you they must be inferior.

Coming from the senior demographic. I don’t see this generation as entitled. I see them holding our feet to the fire because we didn’t leave the profession better than we found it.

They know full well about the “we don’t negotiate for the unborn” years. Who was entitled then? We agreed to zero cost bargaining but also wanted a raise. It meant that raise was going to come at the expense of someone else. We decided to take from Peter to pay Paul. Fess up. That is exactly what we did. Now it surprises you that some are less than impressed?

In this case Paul has the gaul to call Peter entitled??????? :roll:

So how did we get those raises in a zero cost bargaining environment.

Let me count the ways.

We agreed to pay raises for those on property but pay cuts for those who fill vacancies later.

We agreed to FO’s taking a 5-10% pay cut.

We agreed to RP’s taking a 25% pay cut

We agreed to end future hires DB pension

We agreed to double flat pay to four years.

We agreed to lower pay for Rouge

Then we agreed to lock all this in for 10 years so that nothing can be fixed.

Now as we approach the end of that lock-in, you view people expressing displeasure at what our generation did to them, as entitled?

They’re the entitled ones???????? We take from Peter to pay Paul and when Paul complains he’s the problem???????

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Wait until reality starts to set in for the senior guys. The reality that the company knows they have squeezed the new and yet to be on property for all they're worth and are now coming for the top end of the payscale ( see 10% pay cut at the freighter division). It's amazing how many I still see defending that pay cut. I hear the triples are coming........sucker born every minute.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Fanblade wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:57 am
FelixGustof wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:48 am

No it doesn’t.

Buckle up have you ever heard the old saying that when you point, three fingers point back.

Are you sure that the “entitled ones” are the people you are pointing at? What about the three fingers pointing back at you, while telling the younger generation they are not entitled to the compensation you had when you were junior?

True sense of entitlement is rooted in the belief you are above the masses or average Joe. That you are special. You get to have things others don’t. It allows for the belief you are entitled to talk down to others, because they are below you in status. If they don’t think like you they must be inferior.

Coming from the senior demographic. I don’t see this generation as entitled. I see them holding our feet to the fire because we didn’t leave the profession better than we found it.

They know full well about the “we don’t negotiate for the unborn” years. Who was entitled then? We agreed to zero cost bargaining but also wanted a raise. It meant that raise was going to come at the expense of someone else. We decided to take from Peter to pay Paul. Fess up. That is exactly what we did. Now it surprises you that some are less than impressed?

In this case Paul has the gaul to call Peter entitled??????? :roll:

So how did we get those raises in a zero cost bargaining environment.

Let me count the ways.

We agreed to pay raises for those on property but pay cuts for those who fill vacancies later.

We agreed to FO’s taking a 5-10% pay cut.

We agreed to RP’s taking a 25% pay cut

We agreed to end future hires DB pension

We agreed to double flat pay to four years.

We agreed to lower pay for Rouge

Then we agreed to lock all this in for 10 years so that nothing can be fixed.

Now as we approach the end of that lock-in, you view people expressing displeasure at what our generation did to them, as entitled?
The new generation should absolutely hold us "seniors" as fully responsible for the direction our contract has taken.

Since 2005 we have been the poorest custodians of WACON to ever exist in AC pilot history. Those who came before us have stood up as a "unified body" to attain what we so willingly have decimated. The "silo vote buying" has created deep divisions that have allowed us to be consistantly worked --against-- one another. There is no way there should be a division between senior and junior. The "juniors" should have no case, and they wouldn't if we had taken care of business like our predecessors.

This P4C movement is a byproduct of ACPA neglect, selfishness and cowardice in the face of "standing our ground". Deal with it, or get out of the way. Don't blame the new, because the perpetrator of this mess looks at you in the mirror every morning. How naive it is to think they would never stand up. How arrogant and self righteous of us to deny them.

Return to “Air Canada”