All you underpaid airline pilots...

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: All you underpaid airline pilots...

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Fantastic progress guys, good luck!
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:42 am Fantastic progress guys, good luck!
This is outstanding, things are speeding up I hope the foundation is as solid as it seems down here for Canadians making the move. Canada on the other hand…..

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Just another canuck wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:27 am
negative_g wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:13 pm Still yet to see what sponsorship they're offering. H1Bs are currently for 2024 applications. And it's still a lottery. If there EB3 it can be a lot faster.
This is precisely what I would like to know. I believe Atlas was doing EB-2's which also take 18+ months. H1B is gamble too. If something goes sideways, you go home.
EB-3 visas are quick as long as you are Canadian born. Mine was less than 4 months. Citizenship doesn't matter, place of birth does for priority date. Canadian born applicants are current, so processed immediately.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

negative_g wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:13 pm Still yet to see what sponsorship they're offering. H1Bs are currently for 2024 applications. And it's still a lottery. If there EB3 it can be a lot faster.
This is precisely what I would like to know. I believe Atlas was doing EB-2's which also take 18+ months. H1B is gamble too. If something goes sideways, you go home.
Atlas is E3 only like negative g said, but I know for a fact that Eastern has done EB visas in the past. If they still are I'm not sure......

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

C'mon over guys! I can confirm, that for once, the grass actually is as green as it appears from over there!!!!

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:20 pm
Atlas is E3 only like negative g said, but I know for a fact that Eastern has done EB visas in the past. If they still are I'm not sure......
I have heard through the grapevine that this may be changing shortly. Stay tuned.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:21 pm C'mon over guys! I can confirm, that for once, the grass actually is as green as it appears from over there!!!!
Can’t wait for us all to go South, and leave selfish Canadian operators and unions behind.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:21 pm C'mon over guys! I can confirm, that for once, the grass actually is as green as it appears from over there!!!!
Agreed. I’ve been in the U.S. for 7 years now. I’ll never work in Canada again.
I’m looking forward to seeing Canadian airlines scramble when there’s a mass exodus to the South. I spent too many years of my life working for peanuts in Canada.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Stinky wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:02 am
Agreed. I’ve been in the U.S. for 7 years now. I’ll never work in Canada again.
I’m looking forward to seeing Canadian airlines scramble when there’s a mass exodus to the South. I spent too many years of my life working for peanuts in Canada.
That’s the general consensus from pilots and ames alike. I made the switch many years ago now and I’ve only done a hand full of contracts in Canada since. Canadian aviation is in terrible shape.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Any updates on this?

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

A little bit of hiring going on at JetBlue.

Attachments
JetBlue
JetBlue
16E75860-9397-4D42-AFE8-63997B00BA09.jpeg (189.8 KiB) Viewed 3273 times
Aspiredtofly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Aspiredtofly »

We can't jump into conclusions real quick. The down vote for the AC MOA is just the start for better financial gains next year. We can all stay here and crave for better as long we consider each other as one

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Stinky wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:59 pm A little bit of hiring going on at JetBlue.
Any word if they sponsor?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:43 am
Can’t wait for us all to go South, and leave selfish Canadian operators and unions behind.
As JHR says 'last one out the door, turn off the light'.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:18 pm
EB-3 visas are quick as long as you are Canadian born. Mine was less than 4 months. Citizenship doesn't matter, place of birth does for priority date. Canadian born applicants are current, so processed immediately.
Correct me if I’m wrong, however EB-3 visas are sponsored by an employer? So you would have to find an airline going along with this visa process? Thanks!

Heisenberg666
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heisenberg666 »

Has anyone done the interview and want to discuss/exchange info?
I recently had an interview and was wondering if anyone has figured out how they intend to proceed with visa sponsorship?
The ad has been updated to specify its a TN visa. From my understanding a TN visa is only eligible for professions that are on the NAFTA list (pilot is not one of them). They couldn't tell me much about that side of things, only that I would be in touch with their attorneys if successful.

Feel free to send a PM.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Heisenberg666 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:14 am Has anyone done the interview and want to discuss/exchange info?
I recently had an interview and was wondering if anyone has figured out how they intend to proceed with visa sponsorship?
The ad has been updated to specify its a TN visa. From my understanding a TN visa is only eligible for professions that are on the NAFTA list (pilot is not one of them). They couldn't tell me much about that side of things, only that I would be in touch with their attorneys if successful.

Feel free to send a PM.
I doubt it's the TN visa. If that's the case we are about to see a bunch of US airlines hiring Canadians. If I remember correctly, back when I was a software developer you didn't even need sponsorship to get a visa with the TN. All you needed was a letter of offer to present to the immigration officer at the airport along with your education credentials.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Heisenberg666 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:14 am Has anyone done the interview and want to discuss/exchange info?

Feel free to send a PM.
I doubt it's the TN visa. If that's the case we are about to see a bunch of US airlines hiring Canadians. If I remember correctly, back when I was a software developer you didn't even need sponsorship to get a visa with the TN. All you needed was a letter of offer to present to the immigration officer at the airport along with your education credentials.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Feel free to send a PM.

Heisenberg666
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heisenberg666 »

I agree it shouldn’t be a TN visa. Have a look at their ad though. TN visa is stated on the bottom. I guess I’ll find out soon when I hear yay or nay.

https://pilotsdb.brookfieldav.com/job/0 ... 50-USD-P-M
Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:45 am

Feel free to send a PM.

Return to “General Comments”