INRAT Written Exam Feedback

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

JustHappyToBeHere
Rank 0
Rank 0

INRAT Written Exam Feedback

Post by JustHappyToBeHere »

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a little advice on the INRAT. I have mine coming up soon and am conflicted on which study material to prioritize. I have read the CAP GEN over numerous times and completed the Harv's online ground school. Can anyone comment on the similarity between the Harvs practice exams and the real INRAT?

I also have the Sharper Edge book and may opt to purchase some practice exams as well (dauntless, nizus, etc.). If anybody has any suggestions or feedback it would be muchly appreciated :)

Thank you kindly in advance
---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: INRAT Written Exam Feedback

Post by CpnCrunch »

The harv's air practice exams are very similar to the real thing.

JustHappyToBeHere
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JustHappyToBeHere »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:45 pm The harv's air practice exams are very similar to the real thing.
Good to know, thank you very much. I was worried the real one may be nothing like the Harv's ones and wish I directed my attention somewhere else

Mobius09
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mobius09 »

Passed mine last year no problem, used Sharper Edge and CAP Gen for studying.

Not a whole lot of GPS stuff on mine besides the stuff they would obviously ask you about (using GPS approaches for alternate weather minima, satellites for RAIM, etc.). Primary focus seemed to be on IFR departures, airway dimensions, approach ban & DH’s/MDA’s with some alternate minima questions thrown in, as well as interpreting navigational charts. It’s probably one of the easier exams out there

Me262
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Me262 »

Mobius09 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:36 am Passed mine last year no problem, used Sharper Edge and CAP Gen for studying.

Not a whole lot of GPS stuff on mine besides the stuff they would obviously ask you about (using GPS approaches for alternate weather minima, satellites for RAIM, etc.). Primary focus seemed to be on IFR departures, airway dimensions, approach ban & DH’s/MDA’s with some alternate minima questions thrown in, as well as interpreting navigational charts. It’s probably one of the easier exams out there
Hi, what are the Sharper Edge and CAP Gen? Thank you

perlgerl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by perlgerl »

Sharper Edge Instrument Rating Exam Preparation Guide
https://www.sharperedgesolutions.com/sh ... nt-rating/

NavCanada Canadian Air Pilot General Pages
http://products.navcanada.ca/e-CAPGEN.h ... gory=63297

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Sharper edge good prep as is IPM.

Topics to expect

Reading TAF and METAR interpret GFA. Where weather systems will be at certain times and if weather is as forcast from TAF.

Conditions to expect in flight based on taf

Icing questions.

Alternate min, you get the table no need to memorize.

Approach bans

Identifying MEA/MOCA on LO chart.

LVOP RVOP

Reading approach plates

Basic VOR/RMI/NDB stuff. Based on indicator where is the aircraft.

Some human factors, inner ear stuff.

Cold weather corrections, you get the table no need to memorize.

Its only 50 questions. I was done in a hour. If you understand sharper edge book and the CAP you'll be fine.

Return to “Flight Training”