How backed up is hiring???

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: How backed up is hiring???

Post by kiaszceski »

maverick12 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:32 am
kiaszceski wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:20 am
maverick12 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:01 am

Do you know if they tell you once MMPI is passed? Or does the email stating a pass of the sim eval and the go ahead for ref checks constitute MMPI results received?
From what I understood, MMPI results aren’t a passed or failed mark. It gives a score on each area And then it has to be interpreted by a psychiatrist.
I guess this is the last part of the scoring matrix and it weighs a lot.
Ahh gotcha. Thanks

Any of you have an idea as to what experience levels are gonna be at the top of the pool right now?
No idea, I’m sitting in the pool with 2000 hrs, 600hrs 705 time and ATPL. However, i have no mpic. It seems they’re are giving more credits to mpic even though it’s on a Seminole.
It is how it works, we just have to play by their rules.
---------- ADS -----------

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

kiaszceski wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:37 pm

From what I understood, MMPI results aren’t a passed or failed mark. It gives a score on each area And then it has to be interpreted by a psychiatrist.
Ahh gotcha. Thanks

Any of you have an idea as to what experience levels are gonna be at the top of the pool right now?
No idea, I’m sitting in the pool with 2000 hrs, 600hrs 705 time and ATPL. However, i have no mpic. It seems they’re are giving more credits to mpic even though it’s on a Seminole.
It is how it works, we just have to play by their rules.
Wow interesting, guess I shouldn’t hold my breath then, even though all the post sim eval checks went pretty fast

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Apparently ATPL qualified pilots are asked at the interview whether they are applying as DEC or for an FO vacancy. Not sure if that answer affects job offer priority.

As for non-ATPL qualified interviewees, no idea.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

rudder wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:39 pm
Apparently ATPL qualified pilots are asked at the interview whether they are applying as DEC or for an FO vacancy. Not sure if that answer affects job offer priority.

As for non-ATPL qualified interviewees, no idea.
What if the new hire fails the command course? They are removed from the company ?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

kiaszceski wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:51 pm
What if the new hire fails the command course? They are removed from the company ?
Hasn’t happened yet. But it will.

TBD.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

Good luck to all who are waiting or have applied however…
Anyone waiting in the pool should apply to every other regional airline, and Low cost airline, as jazz has the lowest regional pay (encore, pal, porter are all higher now). And it looks like the union is doing little to push for improved conditions..the only benefit of jazz is the ability to leave quickly to Air Canada.

tango308
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tango308 »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:10 pm Good luck to all who are waiting or have applied however…
Anyone waiting in the pool should apply to every other regional airline, and Low cost airline, as jazz has the lowest regional pay (encore, pal, porter are all higher now). And it looks like the union is doing little to push for improved conditions..the only benefit of jazz is the ability to leave quickly to Air Canada.
Correct, except as it stands now, you have better chances at being hired by AC if you don't come from Jazz. Guys and gals at Encore, Flair, Pascan and even some 703 left seats are being hired at AC, leaving Jazz guys in the dust.

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

tango308 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:23 am

Correct, except as it stands now, you have better chances at being hired by AC if you don't come from Jazz. Guys and gals at Encore, Flair, Pascan and even some 703 left seats are being hired at AC, leaving Jazz guys in the dust.
AC has been pillaging 704 Captains.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

tango308 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:23 am
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:10 pm Good luck to all who are waiting or have applied however…
Very true.

gyrotoppler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gyrotoppler »

maverick12 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:01 am

Do you know if they tell you once MMPI is passed? Or does the email stating a pass of the sim eval and the go ahead for ref checks constitute MMPI results received?
Ahh gotcha. Thanks

Currently they have been going for easily upgradable people. Almost all in the recent ground schools have held an ATPL, or enough PIC to receive the ATPL shortly. Others in the classes seem to be around the 1000-1500 range of hours. But preference is certainly being given to ATPL/Higher PIC applicants as the squeezing point for Jazz is Captains...FO's are cheap.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

gyrotoppler wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:19 am
Currently they have been going for easily upgradable people. Almost all in the recent ground schools have held an ATPL, or enough PIC to receive the ATPL shortly. Others in the classes seem to be around the 1000-1500 range of hours. But preference is certainly being given to ATPL/Higher PIC applicants as the squeezing point for Jazz is Captains...FO's are cheap.
They should post the PIT course attendees resumes internally just like they do at AC.

Would make for interesting reading.

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

rudder wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:33 pm
They should post the PIT course attendees resumes internally just like they do at AC.

They don't do that at AC.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

negative_g wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:46 pm

I did not mean it literally (actual individual resume).

I meant the summary that briefly outlines their flying history and flying hours.

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

rudder wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:09 pm
negative_g wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:46 pm

I did not mean it literally (actual individual resume).

I meant the summary that briefly outlines their flying history and flying hours.
Yeah but that's a bio written by the pilot. Some of them are like one sentence long. I didn't put much in mine, it's no ones business.

Flyingbeluga
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyingbeluga »

Seems like we have enough pilots for now. The GS on oct 11 got canceled.

pitottubey wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:15 pm So I finished the whole application process over 2 months ago and still in the pool...

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

Flyingbeluga wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:23 am Seems like we have enough pilots for now. The GS on oct 11 got canceled.

pitottubey wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:15 pm So I finished the whole application process over 2 months ago and still in the pool...
Thats to do with lack of training capacity, not a lack of pilots needed

WF9F
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WF9F »

There’s 70 in the hiring pool that should be given a course by years end or early in the new year. They are still interviewing now but for job offers for March-April if successful.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

WF9F wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:35 pm There’s 70 in the hiring pool that should be given a course by years end or early in the new year. They are still interviewing now but for job offers for March-April if successful.
I thought Jazz wasn’t giving Gs on a first come first serve basis?

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

kiaszceski wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:38 pm
WF9F wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:35 pm There’s 70 in the hiring pool that should be given a course by years end or early in the new year. They are still interviewing now but for job offers for March-April if successful.
I thought Jazz wasn’t giving Gs on a first come first serve basis?
Just a guess, that they are prioritizing people who can be and are interested in going left seat right away or very quickly. No ATPL? Back of the line, there's enough IATRA pilots at Jazz as it is. I know a lot of FOs with more than enough experience to be Captains, all waiting for flow to AC. There's little motivation to upgrade anymore and screw up your schedule if you're a Sr FO waiting for the call.

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

Where did you get that 70 number if I may ask

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”