Jazz Approach state

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Jazz Approach state

Post by daedalusx »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:27 am . Don’t trust jazz, if they can’t honour flow I highly doubt they will %100 honour offering pilot positions in this program. Be careful!
No this is great. A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place. Get on that shiny jet, it's only going to cost you 126K ... plus interests :lol: :lol: :lol:
---------- ADS -----------

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Rowdy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:50 am And year one captains about $3900/month take home. assuming its the average 82.5hr month
Accurate. Although the time to upgrade for these poor shmucks will be ridiculously long ... unless they go and get another loan to buy their PIC time for their ATPL. Also consider that is it likely that some upgrades will lie at the BOTL with reserve which means less the 82.5 hrs credit. Stock up on the Costco KD and polish wieners folks, life isn't going to get any cheaper soon.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Looks like the Jazz Approach program is starting up:

IMG_2998.PNG
IMG_2998.PNG (375.08 KiB) Viewed 2528 times

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Just more nonesense. It won't solve a single problem, short term or long.

flytobe123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flytobe123 »

For people who have the minimum requirement, it is good opportunity to make money and gain experience.
Kingston versus going up North :rolleyes:

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

We'll do anything but pay liveable wages! Way to go Jazz you suck.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Aspiredtofly wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:11 pm I had a better plan in mind but I'm not sure if that's gonna work well in the future. I'm currently getting my degree in BComm avaition which includes flight training also. It's a four year program that atleast garuntees an interview at Porter if I quickly build my hours upto a thousand or so. For instance I get hired by them, I'll stay there until I get some hours on the E2 then move to a cargo airline like morningstar or directly to AC if I get called by them. But surely I won't even bother applying at Jazz for many reasons one of them being that it's low payed like how come do you guys still expect to rent a place to live near YYZ with a biweekly check of $1100, I won't include perdiems or any overtime but seriously it's just toxic to stay at a place like that. I would say flying the 737 would be great up-north than to stay broke in an urban city :rolleyes:
I like your style. Education is good. Many ways to get to
get to your destination. Get your license, do the interview. If that works out for you then great! Lots of options out there…. If you don’t wanna pay rent while building hours, go work for wasaya out of pickle lake, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. And they also feed you and give you a place to sleep. (Albeit, not exactly the ritz Carlton) also, you’ll learn more in the bush in two years than 4 years of college and you’ll be insanely marketable with good turbine experience at that point, most likely with some MULTI-PIC TURBINE.

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

First class started this week. Can't believe they actually found people to enter into this program.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Have a look at the picture posted. Looks like a good sized class right?

Oh but look closer.. most of the people in it are Jazz and CAE employees. I think I count 4 maybe 5 people that I don't recognize.

GIVCE!
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by GIVCE! »

What picture? Can you post it? Nothing on the CAE site…

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

GIVCE! wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:59 am What picture? Can you post it? Nothing on the CAE site…

If you have instagram, it's on the Caepilot page.

GIVCE!
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by GIVCE! »

Thx. See it now. Looks like 7 or 8 candidates tops… how many classes per year? Let’s say 10 which would be ridiculously high. So about 80-100 pilots per year when we are loosing 200-300 ? Math still doesn’t work boys ….

GIVCE!
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by GIVCE! »

AND …it’s at least two years before a full year of those pilots are ‘injected’ in to the stream of hires…

JazzWannabe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JazzWannabe »

Yes the first class started in Kingston and i am not in it. Anyone shed a light on whether i should continue to wait the call or bug recruitment? Do i stand a chance? So by your observations, three cadets dropped out. Why might that be?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

No offence to these students but it doesn’t solve the problem of experienced pilots in the left seat. They will be years away from having the hours and experience to be a captain. AC/Jazz management must now be suffocating from having their heads stuck in the sand for so long. Pay up or park airplanes. Which one is cheaper?

Let’s Go Brandon
truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:21 pm No offence to these students but it doesn’t solve the problem of experienced pilots in the left seat. They will be years away from having the hours and experience to be a captain. AC/Jazz management must now be suffocating from having their heads stuck in the sand for so long. Pay up or park airplanes. Which one is cheaper?
They have their heads stuck somewhere... not sure it is in the sand though...

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Accessible to all they say ... as long as you pay your TR bribe ...

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

GIVCE! wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:54 pm Thx. See it now. Looks like 7 or 8 candidates tops… how many classes per year? Let’s say 10 which would be ridiculously high. So about 80-100 pilots per year when we are loosing 200-300 ? Math still doesn’t work boys ….
They are planning 3 courses this year.

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

JazzWannabe wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:18 pm Yes the first class started in Kingston and i am not in it. Anyone shed a light on whether i should continue to wait the call or bug recruitment? Do i stand a chance? So by your observations, three cadets dropped out. Why might that be?
I wouldn't waste the $200,000 it's going to cost you to finish this program. Better off going to Harv Air, finish your licences there in 12 months if you go at if full time for less than half the money and don't pay for your own PPC. Find yourself a better paying job elsewhere. I don't know how anyone plans to service their $200,000 student debt making $2200 a month.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:04 pm Looks like the Jazz Approach program is starting up:

IMG_2998.PNG
Where did you get that add from, if you don't mind me asking?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”