Advanced Pilot Interview Tips

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Advanced Pilot Interview Tips

Post by negative_g »

flyboyKeith wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:49 am Here is what no one will tell you that really helps.

[YouTube] https://youtu.be/cYtFxumDabg[/YouTube]

www.pilotdmello.com

Newbies, ignore this guy. Don't waste your money. You're better off networking and getting information for FREE. Many pilots like myself help many people out every year, mentoring, resume building and career advice. FOR FREE. Networking will get you a lot further in this industry than paying a Jr AC FO with SIX TYPE RATINGS $100.
---------- ADS -----------

Aspiredtofly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Aspiredtofly »

negative_g wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:09 am
flyboyKeith wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:49 am Here is what no one will tell you that really helps.

www.pilotdmello.com

Newbies, ignore this guy. Don't waste your money. You're better off networking and getting information for FREE. Many pilots like myself help many people out every year, mentoring, resume building and career advice. FOR FREE. Networking will get you a lot further in this industry than paying a Jr AC FO with SIX TYPE RATINGS $100.
Man I've seen this guy doing the same a couple of months ago. Most of us treated him with respect but that slowly started deteriorating since he started bashing about his youtube channel. I'm sure most pilots that work with him are possibly also disgusted by the character that he has, not just that but even Instagram memers are making videos against him and it's quite hilarious to see that. Even a 12 year old would have that morale and conscious to create a mask account without your personal name so that people won't start basing your dignity with repulsive comments. Please Keith if your seeing this then stop doing with what your doing or else it won't look healthy when you or your wife will be called out sarcastic comments in reality. If more people come to know about him then, in most cases, he'll not be able to fly since many of the pilots would subject him into the no-fly list

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Aspiredtofly wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:17 pm
negative_g wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:09 am

www.pilotdmello.com

Man I've seen this guy doing the same a couple of months ago. Most of us treated him with respect but that slowly started deteriorating since he started bashing about his youtube channel. I'm sure most pilots that work with him are possibly also disgusted by the character that he has, not just that but even Instagram memers are making videos against him and it's quite hilarious to see that. Even a 12 year old would have that morale and conscious to create a mask account without your personal name so that people won't start basing your dignity with repulsive comments. Please Keith if your seeing this then stop doing with what your doing or else it won't look healthy when you or your wife will be called out sarcastic comments in reality. If more people come to know about him then, in most cases, he'll not be able to fly since many of the pilots would subject him into the no-fly list
I’m shocked that he hasn’t received a phone call from flight ops to tell him to knock it off. I’m sure it’ll come soon. It’s a small industry after all.

Can’t wait for his next video series of video “WHY GETTING FIRED FROM AC AND WORKING AT TRANSWEST MAY BE THE BEST AVIATION MOVE” as well as “STEALING TP FROM HOTELS AND OTHER POWER MOVES PILOTS CAN DO TO SAVE $$$”

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Dude's side hustlin impressionable rookie's to offset flat pay at a company he weaseled into. Don't forget that dirty move to fill a Cargotjet seat, at rock bottom contract prices - and then bragging on YT about it. And then getting released and having to go back to flat pay at AC.

I know a few "Keith's" in this industry - but he's the only one who truly makes me shake my head. Not a backbone in sight.

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

I just don't get the point of this. Interviewers can see right through people who have over-prepared. Best advice: wear a nice suit, be yourself, review your logbook to remind yourself of some interesting stuff you've dealt with, and just roll with it.

Aspiredtofly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Aspiredtofly »

tbayav8er wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:35 pm I just don't get the point of this. Interviewers can see right through people who have over-prepared. Best advice: wear a nice suit, be yourself, review your logbook to remind yourself of some interesting stuff you've dealt with, and just roll with it.
Yeah that's what I was thinking about. That douch makes people think it's alot harder to get through the interview and to fly for the airline. It's not that hard if you try to be yourself that's it

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Can’t even embed a video correctly. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

Man this is so brutal and sad. Anyone paying this chump with 6 type ratings is wasting money.

It is the easiest time to get a job in the industry. He’s not giving anything out you can’t find online. Either that or people are just too lazy.

We had a few IG stars at WJ but they weren’t doing this Bs. This is an embarrassment — someone at AC should wake this guy up.

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

Vanguard wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:46 am This is an embarrassment — someone at AC should wake this guy up.
Sadly he seems to be taking all this recent popularity on meme pages and here as a good thing? And is trying to capitalize. He was apparently going down the follower lists of all the meme pages posting about him and adding them as friends.

ZERO self awareness, this guy.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

To play devils advocate: Pilot Career Centre has been doing interview prep for years. So why not have more competition? If people are willing to pay and he is not completely scamming them, fine. Let the market decide whether he succeeds or not.
I would like to see comments from someone who has actually paid for his services.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:19 pm To play devils advocate: Pilot Career Centre has been doing interview prep for years. So why not have more competition? If people are willing to pay and he is not completely scamming them, fine. Let the market decide whether he succeeds or not.
I would like to see comments from someone who has actually paid for his services.
personally, I don't like it because his videos are disingenuous and bend the facts. Its false advertising really.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

Saw his post about Ornge a while back and most of the info was out of date or simply incorrect. I know this to be true because I work there. Just because you made it to big red does not mean you get to pontificate about segments of the sector you know nothing about.

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

2112 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:15 pm Saw his post about Ornge a while back and most of the info was out of date or simply incorrect. I know this to be true because I work there. Just because you made it to big red does not mean you get to pontificate about segments of the sector you know nothing about.
He doesn't actually care. It's all about clicks and ad revenue.

Return to “Air Canada”