Air Canada stops all hiring from Jazz starting October, 60% flow likely not honored

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Canada stops all hiring from Jazz starting October, 60% flow likely not honored

Post by ellinas »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:46 am Porter will be tempting too. Brand new planes, better destinations than Jazz and year 2 captain at Porter is the same as year 17 at Jazz.
A lot of stuff happening! So really what kind of exodus from Jazz can we expect to see, a lot or whatever I’ll stick around here at Jazz ?

The Porter atmosphere and pay is or will be better so I wonder how many will cross the street.
---------- ADS -----------

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Canada stops all hiring from Jazz starting October, 60% flow likely not honored

Post by link821 »

ellinas wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:52 am
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:46 am Porter will be tempting too. Brand new planes, better destinations than Jazz and year 2 captain at Porter is the same as year 17 at Jazz.
A lot of stuff happening! So really what kind of exodus from Jazz can we expect to see, a lot or whatever I’ll stick around here at Jazz ?

The Porter atmosphere and pay is or will be better so I wonder how many will cross the street.
A lot more probably would if they ever opened a base out west..

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Jazz and Air Canada merger coming this fall....a rumour from an unreliable source

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

JHR wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:36 pm Jazz and Air Canada merger coming this fall....a rumour from an unreliable source
LMAO, why? Your source sounds as unreliable as they come.

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

JHR wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:36 pm Jazz and Air Canada merger coming this fall....a rumour from an unreliable source
Lol just spreading bs

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

Oh nooo we better not join ALPA then or they will merge our lists!! :lol:

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Merge? Top Dog at AC will behind the lottery loser in the latest Jazz class.

Can you imagine?? Hahaha!!

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Not that I believe the rumour because it's clearly floated by ACPA establishment as a scare tactic and releasing that information from high levels in the company would be an enormous securities violation.

But if AC did buy Jazz, then we can have a representation vote and join ALPA anyway... and this fall!! Even sooner and better than I had hoped.

Plus, in the event of an acquisition, whoever your representation is, SLI is going to go to arbitration. And there isn't an arbitrator that would group regional and mainline positions as comparable, particularly with the number of senior Jazz that left for AC on bilateral deals over the past years. ie. mostly BOTL probably with protection/fences put in place for current Jazz Captains on current equipment.

Fun rumour though...

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

I believe AC already owns 10% of Chorus, maybe there is some traction to be had in this rumor. nuge, nuge, wink, wink

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

Didn't Canadian Regional guys win the lottery back in the merger?

In any respect I think the company is victims of their own success. Now watch what would happen if the border opens up.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

altiplano wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:20 am Not that I believe the rumour because it's clearly floated by ACPA establishment as a scare tactic and releasing that information from high levels in the company would be an enormous securities violation.
Yes likely scare tactics to thwart an ALPA push. It worked last time. And I do note the rumour popped up within hours of a landslide pro ALPA candidate win in an ACPA by-election.

I could see the company having the same motive and also motive wrt retention at Jazz. AC “pauses” flow through and a merger rumour pops up. Are you going to leave? Or wait to see?

Two birds with one stone type of rumour?

Everyone is best to ignore it and move on as if you never heard it.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Are you saying AC will now land at Tbay and Terrace?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

kiaszceski wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:15 pm
Are you saying AC will now land at Tbay and Terrace?
You don't think we all have before we got here?

There was a time everywhere in BC was jet service...

Return to “General Comments”