A New Toy for Jazzy

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

A New Toy for Jazzy

Post by TrilliumFlt »

---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: A New Toy for Jazzy

Post by rudder »

That’s nice. Wonder who will operate them? Very limited mission capability considering gauge and range. Basically an electric D8-100.

Jazz CPA guarantee is 80 aircraft (min 76 seats) after 2025. These aircraft do not meet that criteria, so either Jazz CPA fleet will be 110 aircraft or someone else will operate them on behalf of AC.

Would rather see a fleet announcement for the replacement for the 76 seat jets some of which are approaching 20 years in service. Only one option. Sooner the order is placed, sooner deliveries can begin. I presume a 2-3 year wait.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

They’re just doing this to virtue signal to the eco Nazis out there. Lots of these electric companies start up, take some deposits and disappear. Think of how much fuel would be saved if they staffed the ground crew properly. I probably spent 20 hours sitting in front of gates waiting this summer or running the APU because we couldn’t deplane due to customs capacity. Plus with those range numbers it’s pretty much useless when you consider alternate airport distances. Maybe they will start up a YYZ-YTZ route to compete with the UP Express train.

Let’s Go Brandon
QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:56 am They’re just doing this to virtue signal to the eco Nazis out there. Lots of these electric companies start up, take some deposits and disappear. Think of how much fuel would be saved if they staffed the ground crew properly. I probably spent 20 hours sitting in front of gates waiting this summer or running the APU because we couldn’t deplane due to customs capacity. Plus with those range numbers it’s pretty much useless when you consider alternate airport distances. Maybe they will start up a YYZ-YTZ route to compete with the UP Express train.
Nail on the head...

I saw a thread titled "cue the clown music"... THIS IS IT right here!

And no one should be so naïve to think that AC would ever grace Jazz to fly these plastic turds...they won't.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Wait until they tell you this aircraft is “zero emissions”

Lots of fine print all over that of course. I’m skeptical. I think we have way more hurdles to jump to make this all make any sense and the experts are not upfront or realistic about those challenges. At the very least let’s not lie and pretend this aircraft is any better for the environment than other turboprops. Right now this is just an energy consuming, carbon emitting alternative with a dream of becoming something better.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

rudder wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:21 am That’s nice. Wonder who will operate them? Very limited mission capability considering gauge and range. Basically an electric D8-100.

Jazz CPA guarantee is 80 aircraft (min 76 seats) after 2025. These aircraft do not meet that criteria, so either Jazz CPA fleet will be 110 aircraft or someone else will operate them on behalf of AC.

Would rather see a fleet announcement for the replacement for the 76 seat jets some of which are approaching 20 years in service. Only one option. Sooner the order is placed, sooner deliveries can begin. I presume a 2-3 year wait.
There is little promise for the 175 E2 at this point. Time to move on; whether it's with another variant such as the 190 or something else...

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Nice flex on the virtue signalling! :lol:

Keep the dirty side down.
NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4