Electric Airliner a Step Closer

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Electric Airliner a Step Closer

Post by goldeneagle »

sarg wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:27 am Not according to Heart's website. You're hauling 1900 loads at the cost of of a 50 seat turboprop.

Competitive Operating Costs:
– cash operating cost per seat similar to 50-seats turboprop
The cost per seat is equivalent to that of a 50 seat machine. A 1900 costs substantially more per seat as compared to something with 50 seats.
---------- ADS -----------

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

It’s a great concept, but I’ll be more interest to see how it actually works.

sarg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by sarg »

goldeneagle wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:23 pm
sarg wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:27 am Not according to Heart's website. You're hauling 1900 loads at the cost of of a 50 seat turboprop.

Competitive Operating Costs:
– cash operating cost per seat similar to 50-seats turboprop
The cost per seat is equivalent to that of a 50 seat machine. A 1900 costs substantially more per seat as compared to something with 50 seats.
The CASM of a 1900 is about 60% higher than a Q300. Do you really think in the I want to fly in first class but pay bus priced tickets that you 40-50% more per ticket for a "green flight"?

Because that's what we're talking about to have an equivalent RASM your ticket prices would be double a Q300.

And all the same arguments about cars still exist, carbon offset depends on how the hydro is supplied plus the grid required. European hydro prices are up about 400% in the last 12 months with the current crisis exposing the problem with the green power transition.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

sarg wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:08 pm The CASM of a 1900 is about 60% higher than a Q300. Do you really think in the I want to fly in first class but pay bus priced tickets that you 40-50% more per ticket for a "green flight"?
The cost per seat on this thing is supposed to be the same as the cost per seat on your Q300 (the 50 seat comparison). So please explain the math to me as to why the tickets would have to be 50% higher ?

wan2fly99
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wan2fly99 »

Electric all bull where do yu think the power for electrics come from?

Been studies done on electric batteries on what emission it takes to make them

The elites want to ge more rich Patheic

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

wan2fly99 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:50 am Electric all bull where do yu think the power for electrics come from?

Been studies done on electric batteries on what emission it takes to make them

The elites want to ge more rich Patheic
Energy has and always will be heavily politicized. Who ever controls energy controls the planet. These are very scary times, not to mention what Russia is doing behind the curtains right now…

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Tis the beauty of science/technology in that it always evolves, expanding on what is possible/probable and disgardes what isn't.This is certainly a prime example of what is possible and as time advances, probable.

Return to “General Comments”