This is a Yes

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Straight2Secondary
Rank 1
Rank 1

This is a Yes

Post by Straight2Secondary »

First off. Thank you Gary for being the tie break to let the pilot group vote. I hoped you would be the MEC chair that would have the foresight to see that this type of decision belongs to the group and not the MEC. It could not have been an easy decision, good on you.

Secondly, I'm a yes vote. I agree with the masses, there could have been more to make this an easier decision. But here we are and seeing through the first 48 hours of negative echo chambers, I see a lot of good for our group.

Why I'm a yes, I believe in the growth plan coming for summer 2023 and I want to see more WB CA and FO jobs. I want to see the flat pay reduced to 2 years, and the year 13/14 is another permanent gain I'm happy to see.

I'm a believer that when the company grows, we all win. 2019 was one of my best years at AC and had it not been for 2020 and covid I can only imagine the point my career would be at.

By voting Yes, We allow the bargaining for 2023/2024 to start at this new point and do not need to spend bargaining capital getting this back on the table in 2 years.

The training effeciencies the company gains are wins for us and it gives Jazz the room needed to recover from the Covid debacle the federal government put us all in.

I believe that there is no second swing at this, if we vote no there will be no second chance and it's the new hires that suffer. They have suffered enough over the past 3 years.

I believe in Murray bringing us a fair offer, he's a pilots VP and I trust him.

I do not think we lose any leverage for 2023 and 2024. I think our position is stronger in 2023 negots by voting yes and we show the execs that we believe in the plan and expect their plan to bring profits in 2023. We will share in those profits and demand the wage increases when we have true leverage.

If they fail to do those things, and fail to deliver, at that point saying no makes sense to me.
---------- ADS -----------

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: This is a Yes

Post by BTD »

C4E81D0B-B251-4F8D-A2CC-B29C3E4B7757.jpeg
C4E81D0B-B251-4F8D-A2CC-B29C3E4B7757.jpeg (61.75 KiB) Viewed 4421 times

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

That initial post has to be a joke...

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

100% troll for sure. No one is this stupid.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

LOL this guy has 3 posts. 2 were relate to an ALPA/ACPA thread, and this being his third.

100% trolling. Was wondering when they'd resurface regarding this MOU. Friend of mine showed it to me and even I think it's laughable and embarrassing and I am not even an AC pilot. Hope you guys vote it down! Good luck! The rest of us other airline pilots are counting on you to help raise the standards appropriately.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

It seems to me, the only ‘gains’ are the year 13/14 pay rates. The other gains are measures the company area pretty much forced to do. AC can’t honour the Jazz flow through because there won’t be enough experienced pilots left there to safely operate, ergo the need to let the Jazz pilots accrue seniority at mainline while they stay at Jazz.
From what I have heard, there is a 20% no show for initial ground school courses. AC is goin* to have to change the pay if they want pilots. Right now, AC has around 4000 pilots, it will need 6000 pilots two years from now. (heard that directly from an impeccable source).
Cargo wet lease monies would be coming no matter what.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Not at AC but can't believe someone can actually think that the "execs" well "see the pilots believe in the plan" and give them rewards. They don't care about anyone but $$$

Alkasultzer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Alkasultzer »

Another management wanna with his or her 2 cents

Thanks for the joke.

It's almost as funny as what this vote result will do to this company lap dog association known as ACPA

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

Alkasultzer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:40 am Another management wanna with his or her 2 cents

Thanks for the joke.

It's almost as funny as what this vote result will do to this company lap dog association known as ACPA
Look at the kettle. You impersonate my style and handle, you're the wannabe.

It's not a great deal. But I trust Murray Strom. I'm voting yes for it.

A bird in the hand...(you can finish the sentence, sultzer)

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

alkaseltzer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:53 pm
Alkasultzer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:40 am Another management wanna with his or her 2 cents

Thanks for the joke.

Look at the kettle. You impersonate my style and handle, you're the wannabe.

It's not a great deal. But I trust Murray Strom. I'm voting yes for it.

A bird in the hand...(you can finish the sentence, sultzer)
You know I read a lot of your stuff here and you often have good perspectives and I like a lot of what I read. But trust Murray? C'mon man, he's a manager now. His job is to manage costs. I hope you reconsider, as a jr guy asking you to. Don't vote yes for us. If you vote yes do it on the merits of the deal, which frankly fall short and have a lot of unanswered questions around scope not to mention us screwing with another unions ability to capitalize their own leverage.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Bet you Murray's compensation package will be seven figures this year if this passes. If he can keep millions out of Air Canada pilots pockets they will give him a small piece of that pie.

If he can convince 4000 pilots this is a good deal he will have earned it!

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:35 pm First off. Thank you Gary for being the tie break to let the pilot group vote. I hoped you would be the MEC chair that would have the foresight to see that this type of decision belongs to the group and not the MEC. It could not have been an easy decision, good on you.

Secondly, I'm a yes vote. I agree with the masses, there could have been more to make this an easier decision. But here we are and seeing through the first 48 hours of negative echo chambers, I see a lot of good for our group.

Why I'm a yes, I believe in the growth plan coming for summer 2023 and I want to see more WB CA and FO jobs. I want to see the flat pay reduced to 2 years, and the year 13/14 is another permanent gain I'm happy to see.

I'm a believer that when the company grows, we all win. 2019 was one of my best years at AC and had it not been for 2020 and covid I can only imagine the point my career would be at.

By voting Yes, We allow the bargaining for 2023/2024 to start at this new point and do not need to spend bargaining capital getting this back on the table in 2 years.

The training effeciencies the company gains are wins for us and it gives Jazz the room needed to recover from the Covid debacle the federal government put us all in.

I believe that there is no second swing at this, if we vote no there will be no second chance and it's the new hires that suffer. They have suffered enough over the past 3 years.

I believe in Murray bringing us a fair offer, he's a pilots VP and I trust him.

I do not think we lose any leverage for 2023 and 2024. I think our position is stronger in 2023 negots by voting yes and we show the execs that we believe in the plan and expect their plan to bring profits in 2023. We will share in those profits and demand the wage increases when we have true leverage.

If they fail to do those things, and fail to deliver, at that point saying no makes sense to me.
Bud, I would say thanks for the laugh but in actual fact this is so terribly wrong, I can't even laugh... This is the prime example of BS that convinces our newer members to buy into a turd and vote for it then lose out on this. If we sign this what's to say they won't come back in a couple years when you dream in technicolor that we'll have "leverage" and then say "we gave you a lot in 2022... we can't give much more". That's exactly what happened with the Express 17 year agreement. They locked in under the impression that it was it... well guess what now that the so called 60% "flow " isn't being honoured, there's no place to really negotiate against that. The bed has been made over there, we'll make the same mistake if people are naive enough to listen to nonsense like yours.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:35 pm First off. Thank you Gary for being the tie break to let the pilot group vote. I hoped you would be the MEC chair that would have the foresight to see that this type of decision belongs to the group and not the MEC. It could not have been an easy decision, good on you.

I believe that there is no second swing at this, if we vote no there will be no second chance and it's the new hires that suffer. They

I can’t believe I’m actually replying to an obvious troll but I’ve got a few questions for you.

What growth plan are you taking about? There are no more WB aircraft coming, there have been no press releases of huge WB expansion so where is the growth you are taking about?

What bargaining capital do you think we will need to use if we vote no? The company is getting rid of flat pay regardless of what we do so the junior pilots will get their raises regardless so no capital required there. They are going to do the wet lease regardless of what we do (it’s in the contract already so I’m not sure how that’s a gain btw) and the money will be spread amongst us all so no capital required there. The only thing we got that we weren’t getting anyway is a 2% increase for year 13-14. Hardly worth even mentioning.

Please explain what you see as our “real leverage” that we will have in 2023 if we vote yes now. Unless you are brand new you’ll know that AC doesn’t do things out of the goodness of their hearts because we helped out. I’m very curious to hear what you think we’ll have.

Ifly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ifly »

Rooster69 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:28 am It seems to me, the only ‘gains’ are the year 13/14 pay rates.
I don't think this is a gain. Why would we want to extend the amount of time it takes to get to full pay scale? We should be going in the other direction. Max pay in 10!

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

Most of them are like .5% and 1.5%. That's an insult, and not a win.

Straight2Secondary
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Straight2Secondary »

Happy to hear lots of initial negativity is turning around with education and understanding.

It's going to be a close vote, but I'm seeing the majority of reasonable people saying Yes now.

If you surround yourself with negativity, that's the only opinion you hear and think that's what the majority are going to vote.

I can assure the no voters, there is a much stronger yes presence than you think. It is great to hear and see reasonable people prevailing.

The P4C keyboard warriors can spread all the mis information and lies they want. Same song and dance from them, all of the leaks from JJ prior to the announcement were amusing. The lack of professionalism is not surprising from such amateurs.

GeoffPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GeoffPilot »

Lol...

Just like your first ever post about elections?

I think you're batting a solid 0.00% on your predictions

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:25 am Happy to hear lots of initial negativity is turning around with education and understanding.

It's going to be a close vote, but I'm seeing the majority of reasonable people saying Yes now.

If you surround yourself with negativity, that's the only opinion you hear and think that's what the majority are going to vote.

I can assure the no voters, there is a much stronger yes presence than you think. It is great to hear and see reasonable people prevailing.

The P4C keyboard warriors can spread all the mis information and lies they want. Same song and dance from them, all of the leaks from JJ prior to the announcement were amusing. The lack of professionalism is not surprising from such amateurs.
you sound like the CBC and their "polling" :lol:

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:25 am Happy to hear lots of initial negativity is turning around with education and understanding.

I notice you haven’t answered any of my questions. Maybe you missed my post?

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Vote yes and support the our negots team or vote no and support the lunatics....again

Return to “Air Canada”