Voyageur can burn to the ground…..

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Voyageur can burn to the ground…..

Post by goldeneagle »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:26 pm And some bottom of the barrel sky captain will work for that or less. I hate Canadian aviation
They could ofc go for an even lower paying job and start at AC, where it's a flat pay that is less than the base pay here, and this one includes incentives, ie flight pay on top of the base.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

goingmissed wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:54 am
Tbayer2021 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:00 am
goingmissed wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:43 am

Try living in Toronto on that salary.
Did you ever stop to think that not everyone wants to live in Toronto? Let alone Canada? A friend that did a stint there told me their pilots lived all over the world. These types of contracts are probably very attractive to someone who'd rather purchase a 2000sqft waterfront Condo in Cartagena for 200K and live like a king vs making 250K in Toronto working for AC and still be miserable.
I think you missed my point... I was replying specifically to the comment "Bottom line, it allows you to live anywhere you want."
I have made no comment on the pay. Only on the schedule. It allows you to live wherever you want and it is nice for some people to have that option. It is also nice that there are some other options out there such as 2 on, 2 off or summer on winter off.

Of course, if you want to live in the most expensive cities in the world, you might have a problem. But if you want to live in the most expensive cities in the world such as Toronto or Vancouver, then you can get a job at the local airline as compared to living in Black Tickle or Thailand.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:16 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:26 pm And some bottom of the barrel sky captain will work for that or less. I hate Canadian aviation
They could ofc go for an even lower paying job and start at AC, where it's a flat pay that is less than the base pay here, and this one includes incentives, ie flight pay on top of the base.
Doesn’t matter that wage is pitiful for the prerequisites and job description. Someone will take it, it’s gross tribal aviation geezer knowledge that someone will always do the job that’s advertised. It’s sickening

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Wholeheartedly agree! Thankfully its not as low as what some bottom of the barrel grease monkey will work for.
That is definitely more true now than ever.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:16 pm
No way. This isn’t a $20/hr job it’s totally unethical

Return to “General Comments”