What about the senior guy?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

What about the senior guy?

Post by Ratherbe »

I get it, this MOA was designed to help out the junior pilots and acknowledge that they were severely hurt during Covid. I strongly support that. But senior guys have concerns too. Many of us are about to retire and face the uncertainty of how long our fixed pension payments will hold up against inflation. The annual 4% MPU increases end soon. Unlike the CWIPP, our pension is vulnerable to the Company’s business plan and could get gutted if AC dies before my spouse and I die.

No wet lease credits for us, just a tiny raise for year 13/14. We need gains too, just like the junior pilots.
---------- ADS -----------

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: What about the senior guy?

Post by RRJetPilot »

Ratherbe wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am I get it, this MOA was designed to help out the junior pilots and acknowledge that they were severely hurt during Covid. I strongly support that. But senior guys have concerns too. Many of us are about to retire and face the uncertainty of how long our fixed pension payments will hold up against inflation. The annual 4% MPU increases end soon. Unlike the CWIPP, our pension is vulnerable to the Company’s business plan and could get gutted if AC dies before my spouse and I die.

No wet lease credits for us, just a tiny raise for year 13/14. We need gains too, just like the junior pilots.
Stop trolling. This is garbage for junior pilots. Im on flat pay and don't know a single junior pilot that doesn't see though this. All NO votes. ALL OF THEM. All can see past garbage temporary gains for PERMANENT concessions for the REST of their career.

Horrible troll BTW. A laughed a little when you said "designed to help out the junior pilots and acknowledge that they were severely hurt during Covid"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Junior (flat pay) needs to increase minimum 50%.

Senior (everybody else) needs to increase minimum 10%.

First issue is to see what the result is on Oct 11. Based on the result this debate may become a moot point, at least until normal course bargaining begins in late 2023.

p.s. Jazz pilots are in the same boat except no leverage other than market forces for pilot labour supply.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

Yeah you might have to cut out the avocado toast or sell the sail boat!

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stu Pidasso »

I fit that bill, double digit seniority. We sat and did nothing while "Pension Indexation" was stolen from us - another brilliant ACPA legacy.

I know Senior Pilots that are voting "no" to this because it has no MPU improvements attached. For me this is about the Junior Pilots and Flat Pay but I do agree that we need to do something about our overfunded DB Plan.

Feel sorry for the Pilots that retired 10 years ago, the loss they have had with inflation is brutal.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Ratherbe wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am I get it, this MOA was designed to help out the junior pilots and acknowledge that they were severely hurt during Covid. I strongly support that. But senior guys have concerns too. Many of us are about to retire and face the uncertainty of how long our fixed pension payments will hold up against inflation. The annual 4% MPU increases end soon. Unlike the CWIPP, our pension is vulnerable to the Company’s business plan and could get gutted if AC dies before my spouse and I die.

Sounds like you're a solid No vote.

There should be more for everyone here, and we shouldn't be making permanent concessions.

The fixed pay fix isn't enough, and 4 year flat is still in LOU74. Looks like that will be the new new-hire position everyone is trying to get off to get on formula. Like when we had the pay group.

The wet lease credits are not a certainty, and a couple thousand bucks one time payment, at most? Yawn.

The year 13/14 thing is ridiculous too, a few bucks an hour? In this inflationary environment? When we're so far behind?

I even saw Mike McKay was against this! This thing is such a piece of garbage it's surreal that they would roll it out.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

link821 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:23 pm Yeah you might have to cut out the avocado toast or sell the sail boat!
What would you rather make as NB CA - $240 or $264?

You will spend most of your career as NB CA. Think about it….

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

No I get it, I should have added that I was being a smart ass..across the board there needs to be raises

Freshredmeat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Freshredmeat »

Stu Pidasso wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:27 pm I fit that bill, double digit seniority. We sat and did nothing while "Pension Indexation" was stolen from us - another brilliant ACPA legacy.

I know Senior Pilots that are voting "no" to this because it has no MPU improvements attached. For me this is about the Junior Pilots and Flat Pay but I do agree that we need to do something about our overfunded DB Plan.

Feel sorry for the Pilots that retired 10 years ago, the loss they have had with inflation is brutal.
As a junior guy...

The junior folks want you to vote NO

SportingRifle.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SportingRifle. »

Not enough in it for this 777C so I'm a "No" as well

The avocado toast generation is always whining anyways. Time for them to strap on those work boots and pay their dues

MontrealCanucks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MontrealCanucks »

Lol...

So lots of No Votes albeit for completely differently reasons

Do AC Pilots finally have solidarity?!

Return to “Air Canada”