AME License

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: AME License

Post by chowda »

We all need distractions in our lives, but too much distractions is harmful. Just think about how much time they spend on these things compare to practicality and tangible matters! I know them! Even they can't do their personal errands!
A couple of points.

Distractions are chosen by the individual so are therefor a personal choice. Choosing to plant ones ass and brain in front of an xbox, etc for most of ones youth is a poor choice verses tinkering exploring classic pastimes.
Its not like the option to do so was not available, so the point cant be made that the majority had no other choice but to vegetate with consoles and phones, they chose to, and still continue to choose that option.

So again, respectfully, coming from someone who is older, I see deflection as to why your generation is what it is instead of the reality that many of you made, and continue to make, choices that led you to the current state of affairs.

I do agree though, that my generation and previous gave away way to much for they recieved. Arguably though, generations older than mine also enjoyed better quality of life and benefits/pensions from companies they were employed by. My generation has hardly known that, and in aviation, its been non existent. I know a few old timers who pensioned out from major airlines in the 1970's and had very nice benefits though.

Personally, as AME's, we have to stop selling out and take on more of transactional mindset in how/why we go to work. That being said, I believe the majority have no stomach to do so.

As for society in general with the "rent seeking" ideology, I see a lot of dysfunction and hardship coming up. The government will most likely spend more on welfare/social programs to support the rent seeking generation, and will therefore lean harder on what's left of the higher earning working class(me) with higher income taxation.

Thing is, a lot of us are starting to practice what's known as "income planning" which aims to earn up to the lowest possible tax bracket. There's really not much point in making higher and higher wages in Canada because the taxes @#$! you.
Anyway, the more this happens, the less revenue for gov, the more the country goes into debt because rent seekers will still need gov handouts.

Taxes, btw, are going up again Jan 1st, and yep, payroll taxes are the big one.
---------- ADS -----------

ludivicchua
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: AME License

Post by ludivicchua »

This is how it works. The government regulate the distribution of wealth and income to be ridiculously unequal but still stable. When there is an instability, they will throw in a band-aid solution (social programs). The rich lobby through our representatives to keep things the way it is and to steal from us poor people! That is rent-seeking! A progressive tax system makes it hard for even middle-class and high-income earners to climb up the ladder! Canada's corporate tax rate is now lower than the US's and Singapore's, which means the rich got wealthier! And then you will believe these politicians! This is how you steal without being criminally liable! That is rent-seeking!

I have a question: you think the rich play the game fairly, they work hard, and they don't rent-seek? They rent-seek the most! 20% of the population controls 65% of the wealth while 40% of the population (almost half of the population) controls only 2.5%. How did that happen? Think!

We have a problem with the system! I think we have been gaslighted too much by the inequality that it marginalized us. The same gaslighting we got from the top, we do to other people! Look at the culture of the youth, nobody wants to work hard, you just practice more politics! This have been rubbed on to us by people on the top! Stop glorifying the rich! None of us are rich! You blaming us poor people for the state of the economy when we have been robbed of power for us to be able to make contributions?

Seriously, who will work hard on a system like this?

Do you think I will work an AME job with ACA for no more than $40/hr if I can work as a Librarian for $28/hr? I did exactly that and my life is better now!

Systemic inequality right now (this includes social norms) are greater than before and so it marginalized us to what you described! There are too much narcissism going on on our social network, it is hard to function!

Here is another question (since we all live in this era): if you are born 10 years ago (making you a part of this generation), how will you grow up to be? Exactly! It is a systemic problem!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Maintenance”