IATRA notes

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Spiffeh
Rank 0
Rank 0

IATRA notes

Post by Spiffeh »

Hey everybody, I have some IATRA notes that may be helpful to some of you. I’ll post the link below. My apologies if everything is not up to date. Cheers

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nrr ... toqfY/edit

C.K
---------- ADS -----------

Me262
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: IATRA notes

Post by Me262 »

Thank you, It's very much appreciated.

Question, what is the difference between IATRA and SARON/SAMRA exams? Can you get hired as an FO with either set?

waterruddersup
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by waterruddersup »

Thanks for sharing that. For those who will be studying for the exam, or for those like myself who've already passed it, that's an excellent review sheet. Much appreciated!

imapo16
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by imapo16 »

Me262 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:50 am Thank you, It's very much appreciated.

Question, what is the difference between IATRA and SARON/SAMRA exams? Can you get hired as an FO with either set?
IATRA gives you the opportunity to get hired as a FO for an aicraft requiring minimum 2 crews on board meanwhile you need your SARON/SAMRA exams which gives your ATPL and that's for having the option to become pilot in command (PIC).

nasir.pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nasir.pilot »

Spiffeh wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:03 pm Hey everybody, I have some IATRA notes that may be helpful to some of you. I’ll post the link below. My apologies if everything is not up to date. Cheers

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nrr ... toqfY/edit

C.K
Thank you for sharing, CK!
Much appreciated

firstofficer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by firstofficer »

Thank you!

womanpilot33
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by womanpilot33 »

Hi everyone!

Just passed my IATRA with 90% score! Wanted to thank you all for your help on this forum, I had the IATRA exam 007 and it was exactly the topics listed here. I worked for only two weeks but very hard on each topic, using avcanada + Michael . book + TheWisePilot, which I didn't find super helpful for the exam I got, but I guess it's a good practice for $15.
One advice that saved me was to borrow a high speed E6B, I had 3 questions with +90kts wind that would have not worked with my PPL E6B lol!
I struggled a bit on the TAS calculation (honestly didn't know how to find it on E6B with rising temperature etc...), other than that no surprise, all topics are already listed.

Thanks again and good luck to the ones working on it!

Return to “Flight Training”