S license after just M2

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ace701
Rank 0
Rank 0

S license after just M2

Post by ace701 »

I am not sure everyone has different answer. Is it possible to get S license after just M2??
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: S license after just M2

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Yes, your best bet would be to get the training at an approved ATO (it’s only a one year program) and then get your M1. M1/M2 covers the S rating however you need the S training at an ATO as well to sign for structures work. If you don’t want the M1 you can just fill out the S rating tasks in your logbook and get the S rating added to your M2. There can only be two ratings on your license at a time but you can hold all four if you elect to. Hope this helps

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

Like Bug said, its possible. I have my M1 and S. I was going to fill out my logbook and get the M2, but as silly as it sounds I dont want to see the S disappear off my license even though I know I still have it ( of course I have my historical record as well). Being disciplined in both Structures and Maintenance has always kept me employed and my options vast.

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:48 am Like Bug said, its possible. I have my M1 and S. I was going to fill out my logbook and get the M2, but as silly as it sounds I dont want to see the S disappear off my license even though I know I still have it ( of course I have my historical record as well). Being disciplined in both Structures and Maintenance has always kept me employed and my options vast.
We are all a little particular in the maintenance profession lol

Return to “Maintenance”