AC-JAZZ ALPA merger?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: AC-JAZZ ALPA merger?

Post by negroni »

Ratherbe wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:38 pm
rudder wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:36 pm However, a list and/or operational consolidation is not out if the question based on corporate action or consent from the parties (which would likely only flow from a prepackaged solution).
So, is this the hidden agenda driving the P4C MEC? Their pals at Jazz get an ALPA forced merged list avoiding labour strife? Kind of like NWA and Delta?
:roll:
---------- ADS -----------

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: AC-JAZZ ALPA merger?

Post by QKZXKV »

negroni wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:09 pm
QKZXKV wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:13 pm
Crewbunk wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:07 am The only large airline pilot merger in Canada that was DOH was Wardair/Canadian.

All the rest TZ/PW, PV/CP, CP/ND, CP/PW, AC/CP were either a ratio, length of service or DOH with a decrement. While a Jazz/AC merger is highly unlikely, I can’t imagine an arbitrator thinking DOH would be the best course of action.
and the numbskulls saying "ALPA constitution this and that blah blah blah" are dreaming in technicolor... I agree it's highly unlikely.
They are. Especially since the alpa constitution says absolutely nothing about DOH. It goes as far as actually highlighting things like longevity, type of operations, career earnings etc.
Some of their MEC mentors try to trick the younger/newer crowds that DOH will be honoured. It's sad!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Air Canada”