Resume/Cover letter tips-templates?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Resume/Cover letter tips-templates?

Post by ellinas »

Hello aviators

Looking to see from other pilots which resume and cover letter templates or online companies that you used and gotten good feedback on future interviews.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Resume/Cover letter tips-templates?

Post by Liftdump »

I remember years ago a guy put his BOWLING SCORE on a resume.DONT DO THAT

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I don't have any recommendations for businesses, but I have plenty of experience helping people out with a solid foundation for their resumes, and have learned a lot from others who do the same.
I won't provide you with a completely new, polished masterpiece, but I'd be happy to give you some suggestions and help you with what should and shouldn't be included. Just pm me if you want and I'll give you my email. If you'd rather go with a full paid service, then disregard- I wouldn't worry about wasting time tweaking it first.

Cheers

Vsquared
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Vsquared »

Browse through resumes on the hire me section. Take different things you like from good resumes and make your own appealing template or pay a graphic designer $50 to make it for you if you aren't savvy with word. Just make sure you have your hours FIRST thing on the resume in an easy to read way, include all ratings at the top. Keep it simple, no more than 2 pages max. 1 Page is ideal for someone with a fresh cpl.

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

One page is just fine even with lots of hours. Keep it simple. I know PCC does resume.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

frog wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:12 pm One page is just fine even with lots of hours. Keep it simple. I know PCC does resume.
They do but I wouldn’t spend a dime of their services.

To the OP;

Look up résume assistance using the search function here. You’ll find a very long thread on the subject and it may be helpful.

I wish to mirror Dan whom posted above offering a bit of insight. Feel free to PM me and I’ll send you my email addy and will review your CV. Between the both of us degenerates we may be able to help ya! :)

Take care,

TPC

Return to “Employment Forum”