Glencore Raglan 737-200

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

cloudseeker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Glencore Raglan 737-200

Post by cloudseeker »

Good day everyone!

I am looking for infos regarding Glencore 737-200 operations. They are looking for a Montreal based FO and the home every night plus weekends off are very appealing to me.

Fell free to PM thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Glencore Raglan 737-200

Post by TrilliumFlt »

What I can tell you is that the whole operation is being relocated to CYUL; lock, stock and barrel everything is being pulled out of CYYZ.

cloudseeker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cloudseeker »

Huh very interesting. Thanks for the info.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

cloudseeker wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:36 pm Good day everyone!

I am looking for infos regarding Glencore 737-200 operations. They are looking for a Montreal based FO and the home every night plus weekends off are very appealing to me.

Fell free to PM thanks.
If you do a search on here for Glencore/Raglan there was a good thread last time they were hiring (it's not often). By all accounts great place to work if that kind of flying is what you're into - you're flying mine workers to the mines on a regular schedule. Shame to hear they are pulling out of YYZ though.

cloudseeker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cloudseeker »

thepoors wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:12 pm
cloudseeker wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:36 pm Good day everyone!

Fell free to PM thanks.
If you do a search on here for Glencore/Raglan there was a good thread last time they were hiring (it's not often). By all accounts great place to work if that kind of flying is what you're into - you're flying mine workers to the mines on a regular schedule. Shame to hear they are pulling out of YYZ though.
Thanks a lot. Just did and it looks like a great company. Curious to know why they are pulling out of YYZ tho.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Because they always fly empty yyz-montreal-yyz

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Now looking for a Chief Pilot, through a recruitment company. Guess the former CP didn't want to move with the operation to YUL. Don't blame them; sounds like the beancounters are starting to infiltrate and make changes to the operation. Perhaps the beginning of the end of the longest corporate flight department in YYZ/YUL. Wouldn't surprise me to see Air Inuit or one of the other 737-200 operators gunning for taking over the flying in the next couple of years.

Glencore Chief Pilot

Have Pratts - Will Travel
Raglan Aviation
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Raglan Aviation »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:29 pm Now looking for a Chief Pilot, through a recruitment company. Guess the former CP didn't want to move with the operation to YUL. Don't blame them; sounds like the beancounters are starting to infiltrate and make changes to the operation. Perhaps the beginning of the end of the longest corporate flight department in YYZ/YUL. Wouldn't surprise me to see Air Inuit or one of the other 737-200 operators gunning for taking over the flying in the next couple of years.

Glencore Chief Pilot
Partially correct on the bean counters, however, there’s always more to the story. We were ready to move, started scouting real estate, wife was all in and going to move her parents out to be closer too.

Let’s just say our vision for the future was on a divergent path. You win some you lose some.

I’ll euthanize this username now. You all be well out there!

Last edited by Raglan Aviation on Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Sorry to hear that, but it looks like you landed on your feet with a new adventure. Sad to see the opportunity of a fly-until-retirement job disappear, but yet another example that nothing is concrete in this business.

Have Pratts - Will Travel

Return to “Employment Forum”