raic and cat 1 medical

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bigoleaviator
Rank 0
Rank 0

raic and cat 1 medical

Post by bigoleaviator »

Hi everyone I currently have a raic for working out of yyc (not as a pilot) and I'm also a new commercial pilot so have a cat 1 medical.

A friend is really upset that they saw be using coke a couple of times during when I had my RAIC and was doing my flight training and their threatening to report me to transport canada.

They only saw me do it a couple of times but I’m really worried that transport wont care and ill get my raic or cat 1 revoked. should i be worried or is it probably fine since its just their word against mine adn they have no proof?

thanks everyone and please no judgemental comments, everybody makes mistakes and i just dont want to lose my career i worked hard for over this.
---------- ADS -----------

VIflight
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: raic and cat 1 medical

Post by VIflight »

The validity of your RAIC is not predicated on any medication or substances you have used. Your aviation medical for you licences is different. In contrast, your aviation medical will not be valid if you have any unclaimed prohibited medications or substances in your system while operating an aircraft.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

I’m going to be blunt with you: you’re in for a world of hurt. You’re a repeat user of hard drugs which will mean that you will have your RAIC revoked (people get their RAICs revoked for less.) I’m guessing that if a friend has witnessed you do coke a couple times, then you likely use coke more often than “a couple times” and you use other drugs regularly which is disqualifying for a medical. Did you disclose your drug use to your CAME when you got your medical?

Now the judgey part: you seem more concerned about being found out and judgemental comments than your drug use. It’s time to kick the habit now rather than in 10 years when you have far more to lose.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

Who "saw" you and unless they have some hard evidence it's just hearsay. I'd suggest you get clean, stay clean so if required you will test clean.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

bigoleaviator wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:59 pm
A friend is really upset …
thanks everyone and please no judgemental comments, everybody makes mistakes and i just dont want to lose my career i worked hard for over this.
As a member of the travelling public, am I being judgey if I say I’d rather not have cocaine users at the controls when I fly? Perhaps that’s unreasonable.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
AstroPants
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AstroPants »

Can't be doing the coke-drugs.. now your friend is going to have to go into witpro.

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

TROLL ALERT WOOP WOOP

Return to “General Comments”