E-logbooks

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Wrenchy73
Rank 0
Rank 0

E-logbooks

Post by Wrenchy73 »

Many of you know when it comes to finding that one perfect E-logbook apps or software on how overwhelming it can be. Well let me tell you I have found the one stop solution for all your needs and wants. I was old school and kept writing everything down in my personal logbook until I just got too tired of making hand writing entries. A close friend told me about John Crawford at wildblueaviaiton.ca. John actually spent some time to get to know me and what I was after. He is "a one stop shop" when it comes to E-logbooks. He has other areas of expertise but let me tell you I absolutely loved what he designed specifically for me and my needs. He catered and tweaked the logbook so I could at a moments noticed just check any specific information that I wanted to know. I was mostly getting ready to submit my ATPL application so John made it happen. I just love how easy it is to use without having to be any bit of a computer nerd. John is an excel guru. I asked him millions of questions and he returned each one back not only promptly but always with a solution. Give him a shout on his website. You will not be disappointed. Again, check out his website @ https://www.wildblueaviation.ca/
---------- ADS -----------

Skymark
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: E-logbooks

Post by Skymark »

Looks like advertising for a commercial product. Why not.... I'll do it too. But my e logbook is free
https://pilotflightlog.net

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Sure sounds like an advert to me.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

Skymark wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:36 pm Looks like advertising for a commercial product. Why not.... I'll do it too. But my e logbook is free
https://pilotflightlog.net
Your site shows going between decimal hours and hours and minutes...the hours and minutes are multiples of six, while AIM 4.1 says "Air Time and Flight Time should be recorded to the nearest 5 minutes, or to the nearest 6 minutes when using the decimal system as follows: "

True, it says should not must or shall, but I would expect someone who logs time hours and minutes to be following the AIM. Not to mention it is cleaner as far as rounding goes compared to six minute increments.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

TailwheelPilot wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:54 amYour site shows going between decimal hours and hours and minutes...the hours and minutes are multiples of six, while AIM 4.1 says "Air Time and Flight Time should be recorded to the nearest 5 minutes, or to the nearest 6 minutes when using the decimal system as follows: "
Written before the invention of electronic logbooks, no doubt.
True, it says should not must or shall, but I would expect someone who logs time hours and minutes to be following the AIM. Not to mention it is cleaner as far as rounding goes compared to six minute increments.
You've clearly never seen the compounded rounding errors that come from using 5 minute intervals in a spreadsheet.

Return to “General Comments”