Companies that DO NOT still require the Covid Jab for Employment

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
dabigbadwolf
Rank 0
Rank 0

Companies that DO NOT still require the Covid Jab for Employment

Post by dabigbadwolf »

I see that a lot of companies are currently hiring but yet when I applied to one recently and got a call back, I was told that I still needed to have this bio-weapon injected in me to be able to work for them.

Going forward, I would like for people to post below which company still require this jab for their employees and which companies do not. It would help in the job search.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Companies that DO NOT still require the Covid Jab for Employment

Post by rigpiggy »

Better to name/shame those that do

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Not referring to it as a 'bio-weapon' would likely increase your chances of getting hired as well.

Regardless of what you personally think about it, or what their company policy is, you'll very likely encounter vaccinated people who will weigh in on the decision to hire you.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

Make sure you wear a mask to the interview. This demonstrates compassion and life saving.

And when they ask how will you survive on the wage presented especially considering inflation... You say inflation is worth it because we saved lives with the policies that got us here.
Screenshot_20221208-144425~2.png
Screenshot_20221208-144425~2.png (334.28 KiB) Viewed 2409 times

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Porter ads currently say the jab is required.

I haven’t gotten one in 15 months. Not sure that even counts as “immunized” anymore. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
CortoMaltese
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CortoMaltese »

Porter requires all employees (sorry, all «team members») to be fully vaccinated, but they don't precise what it means (boosters??). I told them what I thought of the way to take care of my health when I declined their offer (they hired me a few months ago), I had a reply without any signature saying they «understand my choice».

There are also companies who do not require the covid vaccine in their ad, but the training is done in the US, therefore you have to be vaccinated to work for them...

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Depends how you get there. Drive across no problem, get on the plane.....omg you have to be vaccinated

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:28 pm Porter ads currently say the jab is required.

I haven’t gotten one in 15 months. Not sure that even counts as “immunized” anymore. :lol:
Good question. I got my 3rd shot in March of this year. I was not planning to get it, but travel requirements to some European countries said I needed a booster beyond 270 days... I don't know if that's still the case.

That's the tricky part of this industry. You can be a flight instructor never flying more than 300nm beyond your home airport or a widebody pilot that flies to Europe, Asia, Australia, South America and Africa. Every country seems to have their own rules, that often change.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CortoMaltese wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:27 pm Porter requires all employees (sorry, all «team members») to be fully vaccinated, but they don't precise what it means (boosters??). I told them what I thought of the way to take care of my health when I declined their offer (they hired me a few months ago), I had a reply without any signature saying they «understand my choice».

There are also companies who do not require the covid vaccine in their ad, but the training is done in the US, therefore you have to be vaccinated to work for them...
You’re silly!

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

CortoMaltese wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:27 pmPorter requires all employees (sorry, all «team members») to be fully vaccinated, but they don't precise what it means (boosters??).
As far as I know, Porter followed the Federal Government's rules at the time. You needed the primary set (2 shots + 2 weeks) in order to travel. Those who opted not to get the shot, were placed on a leave of absence; those with legitimate reasons not to get the shot were accommodated, as required by law.

That said, the rules changed again, and you do not need shots or boosters to travel domestically.
Internationally, since the USA requires 2 shots to gain access by air or land, well ...

Since Porter flies CAN/USA, it stands to reason that crews are required to have 2 shots. Simple?

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

rigpiggy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:01 am Depends how you get there. Drive across no problem, get on the plane.....omg you have to be vaccinated
Hit & miss. I’ve driven across a few times and they are still asking for proof of the clot shot about 50% of the time. Depends on who’s working at the time.

Let’s Go Brandon
rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

Grey_Wolf wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:16 pm those with legitimate reasons not to get the shot were accommodated, as required by law.
Who decides what is legitimate?

Do we still call this thing a vaccine really?

It doesn’t prevent hospitalization, it doesn’t prevent death, it doesn’t prevent symptoms, or transmission. But hypothetically it might prevent some of the prior points if you take the booster every 3 months… I just don’t know what to compare this to as I have never seen a vaccine that requires boosters on such a schedule. It might just be the least effective vaccine ever mandated. And if the efficacy is crap, we should brand accordingly. We should not group it with small pox vax, polio vax etc. I think it’s more of a placebo than anything. Everyone takes the shot, gets a cold and then says oh thank god it would have been so much worse without getting my Covid booster.

CortoMaltese
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CortoMaltese »

Internationally, since the USA requires 2 shots to gain access by air or land, well ...

Since Porter flies CAN/USA, it stands to reason that crews are required to have 2 shots. Simple?
Flight crew member on duty are exempt from the US mandatory vaccination. So, unless you fly as a pax, you don't have to be vaccinated.
You’re silly!
Why? Because I don't want to take the risk of the shot and I'm ready to not fly anymore? I know a few people who would have lost their class 1 medical aptitude if they were pilots, following this vaccine. I don't want to lose my good health.
As we say in aviation, «When in doubt, don't...»

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CortoMaltese wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:44 pm

Flight crew member on duty are exempt from the US mandatory vaccination. So, unless you fly as a pax, you don't have to be vaccinated.
You’re silly!
Why? Because I don't want to take the risk of the shot and I'm ready to not fly anymore? I know a few people who would have lost their class 1 medical aptitude if they were pilots, following this vaccine. I don't want to lose my good health.
Ok, fair, I don’t know a single person who had ill effects from it, not one.
I commend you on your steadfastness but I do think you are silly for giving up so much based on anecdotal evidence and I think you might be exaggerating about how many you know etc… either way the chances are pretty low and the restrictions are not likely going away so you might very well be giving up your career.
For what’s it’s worth, at least you appear to be making this decision from a logical point of view, ie; not conspiracy based.
I wish you well

CortoMaltese
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CortoMaltese »

Thanks for that reply. This is different from the usual name calling.
Yes, I took my decision because of what happened around me, not because of some theory.
First, I'm not at risk of dying from Covid, or the risk is only 0.00x % at my age and health condition.
Last year, the vaccines were new and I wasn't sure what to think so I choose to wait and see.
Last winter, I had covid from a fully vaxxed friend and it was just a running nose for me, so I continued with the «when in doubt, don't»...
This year, I decided to never take it. We are now at 4 friends (30 to 50 years old, very good health, one active athlete) who got serious side effects (heart/brain required surgery to remove big clots, they are on drugs for the rest of their life probably...) following the vaccine (and the cause is officialy the vaccine for them, not a theory).
You add another friend who died from a stroke recently (two brain surgery to remove some big clots), and who just took his fourth shot (he was very serious with covid, double masked even outside, vaxxed as soon as it was vailable, keeping his distance from everyone, etc), but this case is only a theory. There are lot of similar stories now. And if you look at all those people with various issues in the last year and a half, all those young athletes dying while doing their sport, etc. I'm now seriously in doubt !
And it officially doesn't prevent transmission, so I won't protect anyone by taking it.
Totally useless and dangerous for me. My health will come before any job, even an exciting and rewarding one like flying!

dabigbadwolf
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dabigbadwolf »

rando wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:56 pm Make sure you wear a mask to the interview. This demonstrates compassion and life saving.

And when they ask how will you survive on the wage presented especially considering inflation... You say inflation is worth it because we saved lives with the policies that got us here.

Screenshot_20221208-144425~2.png
Very good, I like the sarcasm... Well done!

dabigbadwolf
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dabigbadwolf »

CortoMaltese wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:44 pm

Can you please point to where that is posted on DHS or other official US Govt website. Thanks
You’re silly!
And I agree with you CortoMaltese, I am also ready to walk away from aviation before I let anyone inject me, and btw, I have zero Covid jabs in me!

dabigbadwolf
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dabigbadwolf »

Well, this post has failed miserably. I asked for people to comment about which companies do not require the Covid Jab and all I got was a bit of a disagreement because Porter requires it still... typical avcanada forums!

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Well make sure you keep updated on your booster jabs or Dr. Sham will leave a lump of coal in your APU inlet.

Check out this cringe worthy video. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
CortoMaltese
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CortoMaltese »

Kenn Borek says «Full immunization against Covid-19 is preferred.» Probably because of some countries still requiring the vaccine?
Some companies do not specifies it in their job offer, like Perimeter Aviation, Harbour Air. I did not check all the recent job ads.

Return to “Covid”