Lynx Hiring process

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Lynx Hiring process

Post by pilotguy53 »

Any updates on ZED fare/reciprocal/jumpseat agreements?
---------- ADS -----------

danno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by danno »

any talk of yvr base and how long before upgrade?
anybody commute from vancouver to calgary and whats it like?
aircraft orders and arrival dates?
I'm looking to hopefully join the next calgary g/s and looking for input, thanks in advance.

Peachtrees
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Peachtrees »

danno wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:40 pm any talk of yvr base and how long before upgrade?
I'm looking to hopefully join the next calgary g/s and looking for input, thanks in advance.
They are opening up a YZZ base and looking for new recruits. I had an interview a week ago, but haven't heard from them back. I guess I didn't make it to the short list.

RobertChow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RobertChow »

Peachtrees wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:47 am
danno wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:40 pm any talk of yvr base and how long before upgrade?
They are opening up a YZZ base and looking for new recruits. I had an interview a week ago, but haven't heard from them back. I guess I didn't make it to the short list.
It took them longer than a week to come back to me with the offer letter. I don't know what is your experience but they are pretty desperate for pilots right now (who isn't ?), they hired a lot of guys who didn't fly in years. Heard from a training captain they even recently hired a 700h guy. I am sure they will send you an offer soon.

itaserb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by itaserb »

I saw their job ad not too long ago requiring a Canadian Passport which might be one of the reasons why they never gave any feedback. However, that ad was deleted right away and reposted saying that now they require a Canadian passport or Work permit. I believe by law they can not discriminate based on your citizenship. But I think it is easier to get TSA Approval if you're Canadian.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

What’s their OTP like?

It kinda tells a tale…

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:17 am What’s their OTP like?

It kinda tells a tale…
How is westjet otp lately?
Last night an hour late......

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

rigpiggy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:04 pm
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:17 am What’s their OTP like?

It kinda tells a tale…
How is westjet otp lately?
Last night an hour late......
Can’t speak towards WestJet but with Lynx… flew with them last week on a YUL-YYT return YUL.

6-7 hour delay on the outbound and a 4-5 delay on the way back. Can’t say I was impressed by the lack of OTP, both caused by crewing issues… Lovely gate agents and the stews on board although very “green” to the industry were top notch! (Even though no bottles of scotch were available for purchase! 😞)

TPC

danno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by danno »

Anybody had an interview for the yyc august groundschool yet? Did you hear back yet? I had a 2nd interview on monday june 19th, which I thought went very well but had not heard back yet. I was told I would hear back by friday the 23rd but nothing yet. Thanks in advance.

RobertChow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RobertChow »

danno wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:40 am Anybody had an interview for the yyc august groundschool yet? Did you hear back yet? I had a 2nd interview on monday june 19th, which I thought went very well but had not heard back yet. I was told I would hear back by friday the 23rd but nothing yet. Thanks in advance.
They always are kinda late to answer. They did the same with me, eventually received an offer.

danno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by danno »

Good to hear thanks. Which class were you with?

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy53 »

danno wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:40 am Anybody had an interview for the yyc august groundschool yet? Did you hear back yet? I had a 2nd interview on monday june 19th, which I thought went very well but had not heard back yet. I was told I would hear back by friday the 23rd but nothing yet. Thanks in advance.
Same thing - interviewed on 19 June. Thought it went quite well, and was told I'd hear back within a couple of days. Maybe there are some changes going on in the background... CEO stepping down now.

danno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by danno »

Well we will see, I will post when I hear, thanks.

DWS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DWS »

If you haven't heard anything yet, contact the person who arranged the interview. Things are very busy at the moment. Sorry to keep you waiting.

danno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by danno »

I received the offer letter today and signed it sent it back. august 8 groundschool calgary. anybody else in the class?

LeadSled204
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LeadSled204 »

danno wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:42 pm I received the offer letter today and signed it sent it back. august 8 groundschool calgary. anybody else in the class?
I'll be there with ya. Looking forward to it!

Vinbodik
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vinbodik »

Hi folks!
Same situation, I had the first stage video interview and HR said that we can move forward to stage two. He said that he will reach me with available days and times for in-person interview by friday (today) but I still have nothing on my email. Hope that they didn’t change their opinion.
Maybe someone can share what kind of questions should I expect during in-person interview with pilots? Highly appreciate all recommendations.

Reverse
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Reverse »

Vinbodik wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:22 pm Hi folks!
Same situation, I had the first stage video interview and HR said that we can move forward to stage two. He said that he will reach me with available days and times for in-person interview by friday (today) but I still have nothing on my email. Hope that they didn’t change their opinion.
Maybe someone can share what kind of questions should I expect during in-person interview with pilots? Highly appreciate all recommendations.
Almost similar situation, all went smooth and good but not heard from them, not even a PFO unfortunately! It's been close to three months now!
Their hiring process isn't the greatest! :?

Vinbodik
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vinbodik »

Anybody had an interview for the YYC Nov 18th groundschool yet? Did you hear back yet? I had a 2nd interview on Wed September 27th, which I thought went very well but had not heard back yet. I was told I would hear back by next Friday, but still nothing from them. Thanks in advance.

Happyflyer78
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Happyflyer78 »

I finally heard back from a 705 ops (Lynx) I applied to, I was super pumped.
Has anyone had any luck with rescheduling the virtual interview meeting?
I didn’t attend, the gentleman I was corresponding with is ignoring me now.
Hope I didn’t sabotage my chances to interview.

Return to “Employment Forum”