Still ignoring that elephant in the room…

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Still ignoring that elephant in the room…

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Absolutely disingenuous hyperbole…. Canada’s entire industry is based on the revolving door, everyone that’s been in long enough knows it.

https://skiesmag.com/news/canadian-air- ... onference/
---------- ADS -----------

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Still ignoring that elephant in the room…

Post by JHR »

Canadian aviation is a disaster of a dumpster fire

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

McKenna hasn't changed his tune since the moment he left TC to become a paid shill.

Not once were pay and conditions mentioned.
Not. Once.
Instead, the problems lie in the expertise required and the length of training?? The solutions then, are quicker training and lower experience levels? Kinda took the wrong exit there bud.
With this mentality, he should bear responsibility for each and every on-the-job or aviation accident.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

DanWEC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:38 pm McKenna hasn't changed his tune since the moment he left TC to become a paid shill.

Not. Once.
Instead, the problems lie in the expertise required and the length of training?? The solutions then, are quicker training and lower experience levels? Kinda took the wrong exit there bud.
With this mentality, he should bear responsibility for each and every on-the-job or aviation accident.
It’s all smoke and mirrors, they’re desperate to maintain the crap standards that’s taken decades to whip us with. New world now and people in this crap aren’t taking it like the generations past

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

JHR wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:21 pm Canadian aviation is a disaster of a dumpster fire
Definitely some kind of hot garbage

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:06 pm
JHR wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:21 pm Canadian aviation is a disaster of a dumpster fire
That's putting it rather nicely. The average pilot starting out in this industry is basically at the poverty line in terms of wages. And then add the crazy cost of living we have seen increasing, especially after covid, and you can see this industry in akin to working in a Chinese sweat shop. And the Minister turns a blind eye and is more concerned about some poor smuck who's $69 flight with Flair is delayed. @#$! off!

Oh, and did I mention the wait times to process a category 1 medical absolutely embarrassing.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

piperdriver wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:00 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:06 pm
That's putting it rather nicely. The average pilot starting out in this industry is basically at the poverty line in terms of wages. And then add the crazy cost of living we have seen increasing, especially after covid, and you can see this industry in akin to working in a Chinese sweat shop. And the Minister turns a blind eye and is more concerned about some poor smuck who's $69 flight with Flair is delayed. @#$! off!

Oh, and did I mention the wait times to process a category 1 medical absolutely embarrassing.

And then there’s this….

https://www.amfanational.org/?zone=/uni ... eID=882375

Attachments
30AB49A2-3C92-4618-8441-BD1FA5D20216.jpeg
30AB49A2-3C92-4618-8441-BD1FA5D20216.jpeg (186.17 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

DanWEC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:38 pm McKenna hasn't changed his tune since the moment he left TC to become a paid shill.

Not. Once.
“There’s a lot of stuff that needs to be done, but isn’t being done, like planes not being approved to get on the operating certificates; employees not getting their license renewals; visa applications not being processed for foreign workers,” explained McKenna.

“Licenses not being renewed and visa applications not being processed for foreign workers.”
•Why aren’t licenses being renewed? And;
•why are foreign workers (I’m guessing for TFW’s) required?

There’s more than enough domestic that have walked in past years with more experience than I can count to fill the void.
The answer to all is PAY!

These articles never EVER talk about PAY!!!!! I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:33 am “Licenses not being renewed and visa applications not being processed for foreign workers.”
Funny you bring up license renewal. I just recently applied for my license to be renewed. I got an email from a person in the Atlantic region (I'm Pacific) asking me to prove my citizenship via birth certificate or passport before they would issue my renewal. Since I have been licensed for the last 32 years, I said it was obvious I was Canadian, or else I could never had been issued one in the first place. I told them to go &*%^ themselves in so many words and looked forward to escalating this nonsense if they didn't renew. Licensed arrived 2 weeks later in the mail. I didn't comply for them to "zie my papers".

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:08 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:33 am “Licenses not being renewed and visa applications not being processed for foreign workers.”
Funny you bring up license renewal. I just recently applied for my license to be renewed. I got an email from a person in the Atlantic region (I'm Pacific) asking me to prove my citizenship via birth certificate or passport before they would issue my renewal. Since I have been licensed for the last 32 years, I said it was obvious I was Canadian, or else I could never had been issued one in the first place. I told them to go &*%^ themselves in so many words and looked forward to escalating this nonsense if they didn't renew. Licensed arrived 2 weeks later in the mail. I didn't comply for them to "zie my papers".
I’m good till 2029 now, we will see if I’m still around by then lol. I’m hearing mixed reviews for renewal all as crazy as the other. TC is in chaos it seems

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Not. Once.
The industry in general has been playing this game with potential and current workforce for decades. Recruiters for ATO’s and Flight schools are very prominent in other countries for that very reason (los of them developing). The word is getting out more and more with electronic medium like this, and other formats.
All these jerks want is a few years of new employees time to use their wet licenses, get some limited skill, and heap on the abuse while dangling carrots for as long as they can get away with before the next batch of naive brainwashed star struck newbies is up to bat.
If employees stick it out for the crap wages and working conditions after the employers projected employee expiry date, great!
If the now more experienced employee (pilot or AME) develops a sense of self awareness and figures out that the wages aren’t commensurate with liability and skill, and ask for an adjustment, they’re labelled a troublemaker and eventually run off with the next batch (often turned on them by management) nipping at their heels for that position / hero badge and type course or whatever.

And the great circle of crap is complete, it’s a perpetual abuse engine fuelled with an infinite supply of industry supplied BS. I hope more employer reviews and posts on forums like this will help change things, we didn’t have his information when I went to college, had I known then what I know now who knows where I would be, maybe in aviation, maybe not, but at least I would be better informed than the odd older AME saying “you sure you want to do this?”. They rarely extrapolated their cautions, the environment was much more high handed back then. They (My mentoring AME’s cautioning me) were likely afraid to tarnish the employer / industry, if not being black balled / fired. Things were way WAY better in Canada back then for demand and the amount of work available compared to now. Canada has never been worse in the aviation game, I offer cautions now to the up and coming AME’s and pilots but I’m very candid, that way they’re well informed before diving head first into this crap. I’m just one opinion tho.

Return to “General Comments”