New Flair Tentative Agreement

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: New Flair Tentative Agreement

Post by Bacunayagua »

This guy co-joe is really taking "highest paid FO" to the bank. Did you bother to take a look at any other company's pay for more than the first year? Congratulations, you're marginally better than the passenger airlines (because you're still behind the cargo guys) for the first 12 months. You then fall right out of that "Highest paid FO" podium very quickly. Transat for example, pulls slightly ahead on year 2 and leaves you in the dust year 3. Thats not to speak of all the other benefits like pension where the pilot can pay up to 5% of their salary and the company will add another 8% to it for a total of 13%. Not even the best in the industry as WJ and AC have better plans, but this guy is bragging about 3% matching lol.

But what am I saying. None of that matters since you're upgrading to Cpt in no time.
---------- ADS -----------

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

For comparison to US ULCC. Not even converting US dollar to CDN. CHECK OUT THE JUMP TO YEAR 2. CO-JOE stop defending this pathetic TA and wake up.

Attachments
E8D052D5-7124-4084-BB11-F61F19BA0880.jpeg
E8D052D5-7124-4084-BB11-F61F19BA0880.jpeg (177.17 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

Jeezuz you guys are exhausting. Have any of you actually seen the TA you so disparage so much? I don't think you have. In fact I KNOW you haven't. If you do indeed work for Flair why are you still there if it's so shitty? Settle down and wait for the details or you'll risk looking even more divisive than you are already. Forming an opinion without all the facts is simply idiotic.

Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bacunayagua »

GRK2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:50 am Jeezuz you guys are exhausting. Have any of you actually seen the TA you so disparage so much? I don't think you have. In fact I KNOW you haven't. If you do indeed work for Flair why are you still there if it's so shitty? Settle down and wait for the details or you'll risk looking even more divisive than you are already. Forming an opinion without all the facts is simply idiotic.

I personally have seen it, and it sucks ass. But I do not work for Flair.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

Bacunayagua wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:01 am
GRK2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:50 am Jeezuz you guys are exhausting. Have any of you actually seen the TA you so disparage so much? I don't think you have. In fact I KNOW you haven't. If you do indeed work for Flair why are you still there if it's so shitty? Settle down and wait for the details or you'll risk looking even more divisive than you are already. Forming an opinion without all the facts is simply idiotic.

Hahahahaha...no you haven't! Especially if, as you claim, you don't work for Flair! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bacunayagua »

GRK2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:10 am

Hahahahaha...no you haven't! Especially if, as you claim, you don't work for Flair! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know what, I'll post it so everyone can see the turd you're voting on.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

Let's see it then.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

Ok, so why don't you enlighten us then as to why it's a good contract... you or anyone else who works for Flair that agrees this is a good contract. All I see is the pay, and FO raise is abysmal... the Captain rate is decent. What else is so good about this new TA? I actually want to know objectively and try to take a neutral stance without bashing, I don't work for Flair, but we all know this contract has a somewhat indirect effect on all the 705s, and hence by extension a trickle down effect for everyone else.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

twa22, ask bacunayagua (sorry if it's not spelled correctly) He says he has a copy and will post it here. I'm done here, it's all too over the top.

Respectfully I do understand what it is you want. It's the same where I work, pulling this industry up isn't easy and will it take time. Hope you find what you want.

Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bacunayagua »

Sorry GRK2, took me a while to find something that could host the size of the file. Ended up having to resort to other means.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MO_wwP ... sp=sharing

I love how they took 2 sick days from you because the government now mandates 3 paid personal leave days, yet they're selling it as a net gain of 1 day LMAO!!!!!

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

So you posted a powerpoint presentation and call that the full TA? I'll give you credit for doing the work, but what's missing is almost all the rest. It's a "sound byte" and only tells a small part of the story. Flair pilots won't be asked to vote on a Powerpoint presentation, no airline union would ever be expected to do so. Your claim of having seen the final TA falls little short, and your comments are moot as you don't have the whole story. Sorry buddy, school boy mistake.

Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bacunayagua »

These are the key changes that will impact the pilots the most. Anything not included in here is because it is status quo from the last contract. So essentially a turd on top of a turd.

Feel free to post all these other magical things that make the contract so much better that aren't included in the presentation. But let me guess, you'll find a reason not to post it.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Bacunayagua wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:10 am These are the key changes that will impact the pilots the most. Anything not included in here is because it is status quo from the last contract. So essentially a turd on top of a turd.

Feel free to post all these other magical things that make the contract so much better that aren't included in the presentation. But let me guess, you'll find a reason not to post it.
GRK2,
Respectfully, if the power point is what was presented to the pilot group, it’s the sales job and highlighted the good things, if it’s not mentioned, there is usually a reason.
Personally have not seen it but from the sounds of what is there, it’s a concessional deal for the FOs, you don’t work more to get more money and call it a raise, that’s ludicrous.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

GRK2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:03 am So you posted a powerpoint presentation and call that the full TA? I'll give you credit for doing the work, but what's missing is almost all the rest. It's a "sound byte" and only tells a small part of the story. Flair pilots won't be asked to vote on a Powerpoint presentation, no airline union would ever be expected to do so. Your claim of having seen the final TA falls little short, and your comments are moot as you don't have the whole story. Sorry buddy, school boy mistake.
The koolaid must be strong.

The PowerPoint tells a pretty damning story. If one assumes that any section not modified by the PowerPoint is status quo (FLAIR CBA is readily accessible on line), then what you have is an overall pilot contract package (WAWCON plus benefits including pension) that sits generally near the bottom for peer pilot groups with a contract.

I am actually marginally embarrassed that it will have an ALPA logo on it.

In any case, it is to the Flair pilots to make their own decision. Get the facts. Ask good questions. Do not allow for any ambiguity. Good luck.

pirep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pirep »

As much as I don't agree with the low pilot payscale you have to consider that,
Flair is a start up, they don't have too much money.
Can't compare Canada, population 38m to the USA, population 340m. Way different market.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

GRK2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:47 am twa22, ask bacunayagua (sorry if it's not spelled correctly) He says he has a copy and will post it here. I'm done here, it's all too over the top.

Respectfully I do understand what it is you want. It's the same where I work, pulling this industry up isn't easy and will it take time. Hope you find what you want.
So GRK, you've had a few pilots here who've been around the game much, much longer then I have, and they concur that based on information available, this is a relatively weak contract by the sounds of it.... So I ask you again, can you provide any of us with details as to what makes this a good contract in 2023? I say 2023 because this year is almost over.

Things don't happen overnight but this has been over a year in the making, so how much time does it take for a decent contract to show up?

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

pirep wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:25 pm As much as I don't agree with the low pilot payscale you have to consider that,
Can't compare Canada, population 38m to the USA, population 340m. Way different market.
I have heard this from so many pilots... So what? I don't think anyone is expecting US wages, but we are still severely underpaid as things currently sit today. As many have mentioned, 89k starting FO wage would be more appropriate, and that is still FAR LOWER then a US regional, nevermind legacy carriers, and we haven't even factored in currency conversion

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

pirep wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:25 pm As much as I don't agree with the low pilot payscale you have to consider that,
Compare Canada to Australia then. Roughly the same landmass. 10M smaller population base. I think you'll find their salaries well above Canadian wages.

No one has seen it. What you have seen is 15 powerpoint slides that attempt to summarize a 50 page document.
crashpadcommute wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:42 am With the increase of MMG to 85 hrs, how many positions are eliminated?

And how many captain spots are subsequently reduced?

What effect does that have on progression?
A little rough math: Everyone can do 10% more flying. Therefore, 10% less pilots required.

If the original plan was for 700 pilots, then that's 70 less pilots and probably 40 less Captains required.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Bacunayagua wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:52 am Sorry GRK2, took me a while to find something that could host the size of the file. Ended up having to resort to other means.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MO_wwP ... sp=sharing

I love how they took 2 sick days from you because the government now mandates 3 paid personal leave days, yet they're selling it as a net gain of 1 day LMAO!!!!!
Nice to see that the inflation will be back to under 2% in 2024. FOs are apparently also unaffected by inflation :rolleyes: :shock:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “Flair Airlines”