Well, I guess they're trying???

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Well, I guess they're trying???

Post by Pat Richard »

"Best shift in YYC" Obviously posted by someone that isn't doing that shift, lol.
Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Unread post by Sunwest » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:50 pm

Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, YYC
Sunwest Aviation is hiring. We are looking for accountable, dependable AMEs!
Our modern facility, strong safety record, great benefits, terrific schedule, and low pressure work environment have given us a solid reputation in the industry. Our progressive Maintenance Management team offers refreshing, positive outlook on how we perform Aircraft Maintenance at SWA.
We offer:
The best shift in YYC!
o 8 days on, 6 days off. 10-hour shifts. 1 month of days, 1 month of nights

 Dayshift 0700-1730
 Nightshift 1630-0300

• Flexible vacation scheduling. No need to schedule all your vacation at the start of the year!
• Great Benefits! Medical, Dental, Life Insurance. RSP matching up to 6% (DPSP).
We offer a signing bonus as well! Talk with us about this offer! How about you list this AND YOUR PAY SCALE!!!
• Tool control program. We provide time and materials improve your tool control by shadowing your toolbox.
• We deliver the right resources to accomplish the job at hand.
Modern onsite gym facility available to you 24hrs a day. I wonder how busy this is with AME's..
Diverse aircraft fleet to gain experience and grow your career! Define exactly what "career growth"meant when you typed this
o 31 Aircraft that include:
 Piper PA31-350
 Beechcraft KA200
 Beechcraft KA350
 Beechcraft 1900D
 Fairchild SA227DC
 De Havilland DHC8-200
 De Havilland DHC8-300
 Cessna Citation CJ3
 Learjet 45
 Gulfstream G150
 Cessna Citation 680
 Bombardier CL300, CL350, and CL3500
 Bombardier CL604
 Dassault Falcon 7X
 Gulfstream G650ER Ah yes, well known that companies with Heinz 57 fleets are some of the best to work for

Apply ONLINE today or forward your resume to our Human Resources team ASAP!
So again, all of usual angles that a community college certificate holding HR pro has in their tool bag, thrown on a table.

And of course, no wages.

Line starts behind me...
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Well, I guess they're trying???

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:20 pm "Best shift in YYC" Obviously posted by someone that isn't doing that shift, lol.
Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Unread post by Sunwest » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:50 pm

Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, YYC
Sunwest Aviation is hiring. We are looking for accountable, dependable AMEs!
Our modern facility, strong safety record, great benefits, terrific schedule, and low pressure work environment have given us a solid reputation in the industry. Our progressive Maintenance Management team offers refreshing, positive outlook on how we perform Aircraft Maintenance at SWA.
We offer:
The best shift in YYC!
o 8 days on, 6 days off. 10-hour shifts. 1 month of days, 1 month of nights

 Dayshift 0700-1730
 Nightshift 1630-0300

• Flexible vacation scheduling. No need to schedule all your vacation at the start of the year!
• Great Benefits! Medical, Dental, Life Insurance. RSP matching up to 6% (DPSP).
We offer a signing bonus as well! Talk with us about this offer! How about you list this AND YOUR PAY SCALE!!!
• Tool control program. We provide time and materials improve your tool control by shadowing your toolbox.
• We deliver the right resources to accomplish the job at hand.
Modern onsite gym facility available to you 24hrs a day. I wonder how busy this is with AME's..
Diverse aircraft fleet to gain experience and grow your career! Define exactly what "career growth"meant when you typed this
o 31 Aircraft that include:
 Piper PA31-350
 Beechcraft KA200
 Beechcraft KA350
 Beechcraft 1900D
 Fairchild SA227DC
 De Havilland DHC8-200
 De Havilland DHC8-300
 Cessna Citation CJ3
 Learjet 45
 Gulfstream G150
 Cessna Citation 680
 Bombardier CL300, CL350, and CL3500
 Bombardier CL604
 Dassault Falcon 7X
 Gulfstream G650ER Ah yes, well known that companies with Heinz 57 fleets are some of the best to work for

Apply ONLINE today or forward your resume to our Human Resources team ASAP!
So again, all of usual angles that a community college certificate holding HR pro has in their tool bag, thrown on a table.

And of course, no wages.

Line starts behind me...
One trick pony this industry is lol. I think they posted a while
Back and it was in the low $30’s/hr

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

The only thing great about working nights, weekends and graveyards is the day you quit. Aviation be damned, crash and burn. There is not one thing after looking back that I could have done differently when I left other than somehow tell others to do the same. Hopefully chiming in once in a while will convince at least one other person to turn their back on it just to make owner/managers work that much harder in pushing for positive change. It looks like they are status quo though as they just keep doing the same thing. It’s like fishing eventually some dummy swimming by out of stupidity or shear desperation will bite.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:11 am The only thing great about working nights, weekends and graveyards is the day you quit. Aviation be damned, crash and burn. There is not one thing after looking back that I could have done differently when I left other than somehow tell others to do the same. Hopefully chiming in once in a while will convince at least one other person to turn their back on it just to make owner/managers work that much harder in pushing for positive change. It looks like they are status quo though as they just keep doing the same thing. It’s like fishing eventually some dummy swimming by out of stupidity or shear desperation will bite.
It’s a cesspool of companies drawing from an even grosser cesspool of willing talent

helicopterray
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by helicopterray »

If companies want a proper and effective tool control, they should provide the tools and tool boxes. Not offer to shadow my personal box.

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

edit

Last edited by Pacqing on Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

Pacqing wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:45 pm What has tool control has to do with the current topic?

They list exactly what HeliRay mentions in their ad. It comes across as a little desperate when a company lists help in monitoring employees tool boxes as plus when promoting their company.

|From experience, Im wondering if they have newbie problem that involves losing tools inside of airplanes. Considering the shift, I can see dulled mental cognizance being a potential problem, lol

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

helicopterray wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:42 pm If companies want a proper and effective tool control, they should provide the tools and tool boxes. Not offer to shadow my personal box.
Agreed, that’s a bit invasive

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

chowda wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:18 pm
Pacqing wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:45 pm What has tool control has to do with the current topic?

They list exactly what HeliRay mentions in their ad. It comes across as a little desperate when a company lists help in monitoring employees tool boxes as plus when promoting their company.

|From experience, Im wondering if they have newbie problem that involves losing tools inside of airplanes. Considering the shift, I can see dulled mental cognizance being a potential problem, lol
That or they got audited by a customer and cited tool control as a problem…

TCA AME
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TCA AME »

I really don’t know why some of you are here posting away? I’ve never read so much negative BS. I’d never hire most of you guys nor let you work on any of my airplanes.

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

Bullshit.

You have nobody to hire and you sure as shit would take anybody with experience who, because of that experience, will have exactly the opinions you read on here.

Reality sucks for you hiring types and Im one of many who's loving the difficulties you all are experiencing.

You keep unicorn hunting there bigshot. Maybe start looking into some old shipping containers you can offer as "accomadations provided"

That will get em lining up

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

TCA AME wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:34 pm I really don’t know why some of you are here posting away? I’ve never read so much negative BS. I’d never hire most of you guys nor let you work on any of my airplanes.

A: We for the most part are concerned with how bad the industry treats its workers, that’s why we’re posting here to bring reality from the bottom of the swamp to the surface.

2: You couldn’t afford me, nor would I want to work for someone that would rather leave an egotistical post like that.

If you own so many airplanes “my airplanes” and your handle is “TCA AME” you can work on your junk yourself. If indeed you are an AME you are definitely a part of the problem, the fact you don’t engage in any of the other posters remarks other than a unilateral condemnation reinforces that point.

Last edited by Bug_Stomper_01 on Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

chowda wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:34 pm Bullshit.

You have nobody to hire and you sure as shit would take anybody with experience who, because of that experience, will have exactly the opinions you read on here.

Reality sucks for you hiring types and Im one of many who's loving the difficulties you all are experiencing.

You keep unicorn hunting there bigshot. Maybe start looking into some old shipping containers you can offer as "accomadations provided"

That will get em lining up
Either a company profile or aerosexual troll, he/she can have themself. Four posts since 2012, real legitimate profile.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:46 am
TCA AME wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:34 pm I really don’t know why some of you are here posting away? I’ve never read so much negative BS. I’d never hire most of you guys nor let you work on any of my airplanes.

A: We for the most part are concerned with how bad the industry treats its workers, that’s why we’re posting here to bring reality from the bottom of the swamp to the surface.

2: You couldn’t afford me, nor would I want to work for someone that would rather leave an egotistical post like that.

If you own so many airplanes “my airplanes” and your handle is “TCA AME” you can work on your junk yourself. If indeed you are an AME you are definitely a part of the problem, the fact you don’t engage in any of the other posters remarks other than a unilateral condemnation reinforces that point.
Nailed it. I think he's an old retired mouthfoaming aerosexual who took time off from wanking on airliners.net to come over here.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:44 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:46 am

Nailed it. I think he's an old retired mouthfoaming aerosexual who took time off from wanking on airliners.net to come over here.
Who knows, lost all credibility with that stupid post.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Makes me happy when people like that get upset when the truth of their failure to admit that this business is rife with dissatisfaction and disappointment. What I hope to achieve is that people paying attention to this forum take note of individuals like that and become a plumber etc. instead. If we can collectively do this the industry will have no choice but to change its bad habits kind of like keeping the dope from a junkie. Good luck fixing all your airplanes by yourself with the cold sweat of anxiety for lack of staff on your brow pal.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:20 am Makes me happy when people like that get upset when the truth of their failure to admit that this business is rife with dissatisfaction and disappointment. What I hope to achieve is that people paying attention to this forum take note of individuals like that and become a plumber etc. instead. If we can collectively do this the industry will have no choice but to change its bad habits kind of like keeping the dope from a junkie. Good luck fixing all your airplanes by yourself with the cold sweat of anxiety for lack of staff on your brow pal.
An employer like that has a full deck of apprentices guaranteed

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Did anyone ever figure out what the pay is?

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.

Return to “Maintenance”