Interesting Diversion

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Interesting Diversion

Post by pelmet »

One time i was flying a C337 IFR in rainclouds and started hearing an occasional clicking sound every few seconds. It was strange and when I took my headset off, I discovered it was coming from the speaker. Over a period of about 5 minutes it started ticking more and more quickly and louder. It was kind of eerie and strange, making me wonder why. Tick..........Tick.........Tick.......Tick.....Tick....Tick..Tick.TickTickTickTick. then several times per second then tens of times per second and then suddenly.....the gear warning horn steady. Not much I could do but hold the cancel button continuously or select the gear down. It was just a strange experience.

It sounds like an action movie started playing for these guys............

N729QS, a Bombardier BD-100-1A10 aircraft operated by NetJets Aviation, was conducting a flight
from Westchester County Airport (KHPN), NY to Farnborough Airport (EGLF), England. During
cruise, the crew heard a loud noise and hissing sound in the cabin. The crew elected to land as
soon as practical, declared an emergency and diverted to St. John’s Airport (CYYT), NL, where the
aircraft landed without further issue.

Maintenance determined the noise to be a malfunction of the cabin audio equipment. The
equipment was replaced and the aircraft returned to service.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”