This is why I don’t trust the media

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

This is why I don’t trust the media

Post by Inverted2 »

https://globalnews.ca/news/9345291/covi ... o-crashes/

Lead investigator, Dr. Donald A. Redelmeier, a University of Toronto medicine professor and physician at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, said investigators “theorized that adults who neglect health recommendations may also neglect basic road safety guidelines.”

He said COVID-19 vaccination is an “objective, available, important, authenticated and timely indicators of human behaviour — albeit in a domain separate from motor vehicle traffic.”

“Whether COVID-19 vaccination is associated with increased traffic risks, however, has not previously been tested,” Redelmeier said in a press release. “Simple immune activation against a coronavirus, for example, has no direct effect on the risk of a motor vehicle crash.”

Probably the same author that said masturbation gives you hairy palms. What will they come up with next. :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: This is why I don’t trust the media

Post by mmm...bacon »

so what's this got to do with the media? They're just reporting what the good Dr. is hypothesizing..
And, doesn't it somewhat stand to reason that (risky) behaviour in one domain might be a predictor of (risky) behaviour in another? That's what Airline HR interviews have been about for years now - "Tell us a time when..."

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Seems like the most plausible explanation.

rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

The media writes to the lowest common denominator, low IQ audience. It is not designed to make you think, it is only there to tell you what to think. Some people need that kind of direction in life.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

I believe most politicians are sociopaths. And those that aren’t do not make a career of it, or rather can not. These types of studies are just further propaganda pushed by our dear leaders who refuse to and can not admit any wrongdoing. Keep pushing the narrative until it’s no longer required and something more pressing takes its place. Shameful.

New Zealand and Australia were on par or worse than us. How would you feel to have your child stolen from you? For an agenda.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/corona ... 4.amp.html

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Just another canuck wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:11 pm

New Zealand and Australia were on par or worse than us. How would you feel to have your child stolen from you? For an agenda.

You would need to be a crazy religious nut to oppose taking the child away from the parents in that situation.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:17 pm
Just another canuck wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:11 pm

You would need to be a crazy religious nut to oppose taking the child away from the parents in that situation.
How so? They had donors with unvaxxed blood available. And what exactly is a crazy religious nut?

I posted the ctv article but should have shown others. They had friends/family who were unvaccinated and were willing to donate blood. It was against “protocol”. This would make the vaccine narrative look bad. Can’t have that. Just steal the child.

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

You would need to be a crazy religious nut
Can you define what that means?

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:43 pm

Only crazy religious nuts would rather their children die than go against their nutty theories.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Just another canuck wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:22 pm I posted the ctv article but should have shown others. They had friends/family who were unvaccinated and were willing to donate blood. It was against “protocol”. This would make the vaccine narrative look bad. Can’t have that. Just steal the child.
And did the hospital have procedures in place to be able to do all of that in a safe and timely manner?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:00 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:43 pm

Only crazy religious nuts would rather their children die than go against their nutty theories.
What is a religious nut?

—————-

(3 hours later) —- yeah — that’s what I thought you’d say. Crickets. :roll:

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:02 pm

What is a religious nut?

—————-

Maybe because I have better things to do than constantly troll on avcanada? Not sure what you're actually asking. People whose religious beliefs forbid them to use vaccinations. Not sure if this particular example was a religious nut or just a nutbar in general.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:16 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:02 pm

What is a religious nut?

—————-

Maybe because I have better things to do than constantly troll on avcanada? Not sure what you're actually asking. People whose religious beliefs forbid them to use vaccinations. Not sure if this particular example was a religious nut or just a nutbar in general.
You’re right. I have better things to do as well than to respond to every dumb comment here.

And I believe you said above only “religious nuts” would not use vaccinations. Or are you simply taking shots at the large percentage of people in Canada who consider themselves religious?

Nice attempt to try to modify your statements, though.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:16 pm

You’re right. I have better things to do as well than to respond to every dumb comment here.

And I believe you said above only “religious nuts” would not use vaccinations. Or are you simply taking shots at the large percentage of people in Canada who consider themselves religious?

I was referring the the religions that don't allow vaccination.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:23 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:16 pm

I was referring the the religions that don't allow vaccination.
Where in the original article does it say these people’s religion barred them from allowing vaccinations? Or even their religious beliefs came into play?

I see no reference to religion whatsoever. I see they made an individual choice, and one can certainly be free to critique that.

So you just threw religion in there for sh— and giggles, right?

I think you’re connecting 2 very different things, at least for the vast majority of folks.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:34 pm

So you just threw religion in there for sh— and giggles, right?

I think you’re connecting 2 very different things, at least for the vast majority of folks.
Religion is the only plausible reason I can think of for doing something like this, and I actually mentioned in my comment above that religion wasn't mentioned in the article. Jeez you have a lot of time on your hands for getting offended about nothing.

rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

Liberalism is the most nutty religion I know.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rando wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:32 pm Liberalism is the most nutty religion I know.

Code: Select all

lib·er·al·ism
/ˈlib(ə)rəˌliz(ə)m/

willingness to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; openness to new ideas.
a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.
Yeah, terrible stuff.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

While you're at it, you may as well define conservatism as well. Consider that these are definitions of both "stripes" in their classical form; which isn't necessarily true to todays modern form.

Code: Select all

con·ser·va·tism
/kənˈsərvədizəm/

commitment to traditional values and ideas with opposition to change or innovation.

the holding of political views that favor free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

:lol:

Wohaa look at that definition. Clearly liberals of today have completely lost direction. Liberals of today are completely intolerant and don't promote individual rights and liberties.

Are there any true liberals left or did they all go through the "science" cleansing?

Return to “Covid”