BlackHawks now in Canada

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

BlackHawks now in Canada

Post by SeptRepair »

Read some interesting news last night. HTS ( Helicopter Transport Services) has imported a UH60A with the 701D's. Rumor has it more are on the way to the Canadian registry. This should shake up the industry for fire fighting. Bell mediums and the heavies have a new contender to deal with.
---------- ADS -----------

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: BlackHawks now in Canada

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:50 am Read some interesting news last night. HTS ( Helicopter Transport Services) has imported a UH60A with the 701D's. Rumor has it more are on the way to the Canadian registry. This should shake up the industry for fire fighting. Bell mediums and the heavies have a new contender to deal with.
That’s confirmed, they brought it over on or about mid November 2022

N181CS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N181CS »

Mark:
C-FHLY
Common Name:
Sikorsky
Model Name:
UH60A
Serial No.:
79-23337
Basis for Eligibility for Registration:
CAR 507.03 Special Certificate of Airworthiness - Limited
Category:
Helicopter
Engine:
2, Turbo Shaft
Max Take-Off Weight:
9979.03 kg
Regional Office:
Toronto
Year Imported:
Base of Operations:
Carp, Ontario, CANADA
Manufacturer Information
Manufacturer:
SIKORSKY AIRCRAFT
Country of Manufacture:
U.S.A.
Year of Manufacture:
Registration Information
Type of Registration:
Commercial
Owner Registered Since:
2022-12-07
Latest Certificate of Registration Issued:
2022-12-07
Registered Owner Information
Name:
Helicopter Transport Services (Canada) Inc.

pilot96140
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilot96140 »

Last edited by pilot96140 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

pilot96140 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:40 pm Have fun! Sell your soul to work on Mr. Pilon’s aircraft. You can keep paying for his nice maple trees on his paved driveway.
I’ve only met him, never worked for, I’m happy south of the border lol.

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

I now see HeliQwest has a blackhawk in Nanaimo. US reg mind you. But the word on the street is they are going to go logging with it. I know nothing about blackhawks, but i wonder if they have an RHL life or how they are going to hold up to this type of abuse. Some guys I read on different forums, chirp the center gear box support area cracks just with fire fighting, others claim its robust. Time will tell. Give HQ credit for trying though.

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:25 am I now see HeliQwest has a blackhawk in Nanaimo. US reg mind you. But the word on the street is they are going to go logging with it. I know nothing about blackhawks, but i wonder if they have an RHL life or how they are going to hold up to this type of abuse. Some guys I read on different forums, chirp the center gear box support area cracks just with fire fighting, others claim its robust. Time will tell. Give HQ credit for trying though.
It is the workhorse of the marines and has endured way more than logging can hand out. It’ll do well, and there are tons of parts out there for them.

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

So ex military aircraft are now allowed in Canada. Neat, can we get some Venoms next to upgrade the 2x12 fleet.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Thats very debateable as people I know at TC are asking wtf. It seems to be another classic case of a localised TC office interpreting car's to thier/company's advantage.

Ex military are not supposed to be permitted to operate commercially in canada and AFAIK cars has not been amended to allow that.

BMLtech
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BMLtech »

I also find this surprising if these are in fact ex-military blackhawks. Other operators have been down this road many times and been shut down completely with such types as P-3 orion and CC109 cosmopolitan, to name only a couple,and they were for a restricted C of A as well. I'm sure eyebrows will be raised. Upon reflection, there is some precedence for this. Martin Mars, Conair Firecat, C47/DC3, so a grey area for sure. I'd be curious what the ITRAN process looks like for a military Blackhawk, I bet some deep pockets are required.

Last edited by BMLtech on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
BMLtech
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BMLtech »

duplicate post

Return to “Helicopter Forum”