Juggling job and flying?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Juggling job and flying?

Post by ellinas »

I’m trying to get a feel from other aviators whether it’s hard juggling working on the side and flying and how has it affected the lifestyle.

I have another year to retire but with family life , work I think I’ll wait to retire before trying to land a flying job without getting too stressed.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Juggling job and flying?

Post by flyinhigh »

Just to clarify, you are retiring from a current flying job, or a job outside of aviation?

I ask as that will make a huge difference on what I would recommend.

As someone looking to come into aviation at retirement age, I would say enjoy retirement and forget aviation with the exception of renting a plane for the family. Starting out is horrible, you’ll work all the time with minimal days off and not have that family time you deserve.

If you have experience, the world is your oyster and you could absolutely find a position that suits your needs and allows for plenty of family time.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Juggling job and flying?

Post by co-joe »

I totally thought you were going to tell us about your juggling job, and how you were able to do that on the side. In my mind you were riding a uni-cycle, wearing a costume, juggling chainsaws in front of crowds of cheering fans, and moonlighting as a pilot.

Return to “Employment Forum”