Best cub sim

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Best cub sim

Post by PilotDAR »

shall enable the aircraft to be operated in normal, abnormal and emergency conditions
For a Cub, wouldn't most of these conditions apply mostly simultaneously for most of the flying?
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

PilotDAR wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:49 am
shall enable the aircraft to be operated in normal, abnormal and emergency conditions
For a Cub, wouldn't most of these conditions apply mostly simultaneously for most of the flying?
Regulations don’t specify the need for different checklists for each of those conditions :)

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

rigpiggy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:08 pm Got a buddy who's wife have him lessons on a supercub. He wants to practice on a SIM first what is best simulator program with a piper cub model?
They have not yet made a sim that accurately portrays a cub. Or the ground handling, take off and landing characteristics of any taildragger for that matter.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Who are “they”, and how do you know?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
I WAS Pez
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I WAS Pez »

Soooo, it seems that Redbird actually did one as a one-off for Oshkosh a few years ago.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVnlfra7gk0

Some articles suggest it may have been available for purchase, but doesn't seem to be on their site any longer.

Not that I'm suggesting this seriously, as others have said, to the OP, tell your buddy to go flying. What he'll learn in a plane like a Cub really can't be taught in a sim....

Return to “Flight Training”