Watch out Trudeau is coming for your job

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Watch out Trudeau is coming for your job

Post by flyer 1492 »

The leaked memo regarding switching over to greener jobs.“We expect that larger-scale transformations will take place in agriculture (about 292,000 workers; 1.5 per cent of Canada’s employment); energy (about 202,000 workers; one per cent of Canada’s employment); manufacturing (about 193,000 workers; one per cent of Canada’s employment); buildings (about 1.4 million workers; seven per cent of Canada’s employment); and transportation sectors (about 642,000 workers; three per cent of Canada’s employment).”

Don't worry, the federal Government has your back.
---------- ADS -----------

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Watch out Trudeau is coming for your job

Post by averageatbest »

flyer 1492 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:39 pm The leaked memo regarding switching over to greener jobs.“We expect that larger-scale transformations will take place in agriculture (about 292,000 workers; 1.5 per cent of Canada’s employment); energy (about 202,000 workers; one per cent of Canada’s employment); manufacturing (about 193,000 workers; one per cent of Canada’s employment); buildings (about 1.4 million workers; seven per cent of Canada’s employment); and transportation sectors (about 642,000 workers; three per cent of Canada’s employment).”

L. O. L.

Trudeau is a turd that says and does shit to stay in power. He isn't coming for anyone, not even his wife.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

flyer 1492 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:39 pm The leaked memo regarding switching over to greener jobs.“We expect that larger-scale transformations will take place in agriculture (about 292,000 workers; 1.5 per cent of Canada’s employment);
You do realize that the vast majority of the farm labour force is TFW brought in from places like Mexico and Nicaragua for the summer season ? A transformation in ag will just replace the TFW workforce. But yes, it will affect airline jobs then too, because all those TFW arrive on flights, and go home on flights. Most are on Canadian airlines because they dont have the correct paperwork for a stop in the USA.

But carry on fear mongering on subjects where you have no first hand knowledge, it sells well to the uneducated on social media.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

I bet both Westjet and Air Canada declare bankruptcy as soon as the Conservatives allow United, Delta, American, and others to perform cabotage.

They will take the YVR YYC YYZ YUL traffic and leave the scraps for Canadians.

Owning the libs will never feel so good.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

The good thing about Trudope is he says a lot of things but doesn’t make good on them. I don’t think he will be in power too much longer. His horse-faced alter ego just resigned in NZ after disastrous polling numbers.

Let’s Go Brandon
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

averageatbest wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm L. O. L.

Trudeau is a turd that says and does shit to stay in power. He isn't coming for anyone, not even his wife.
:lol:

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:54 am
flyer 1492 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:39 pm The leaked memo regarding switching over to greener jobs.“We expect that larger-scale transformations will take place in agriculture (about 292,000 workers; 1.5 per cent of Canada’s employment);
You do realize that the vast majority of the farm labour force is TFW brought in from places like Mexico and Nicaragua for the summer season ? A transformation in ag will just replace the TFW workforce. But yes, it will affect airline jobs then too, because all those TFW arrive on flights, and go home on flights. Most are on Canadian airlines because they dont have the correct paperwork for a stop in the USA.

But carry on fear mongering on subjects where you have no first hand knowledge, it sells well to the uneducated on social media.
TFW don’t travel as passengers on Canadian flights, they arrive on charters. Most of the charters are on foreign airlines like AeroMexico and Caribbean Airlines . Sunwing has gotten some of those charters in the past, but a majority come on foreign carriers. So no major impact on Canadian carriers .. the other problem is no Canadian will do the job, which is why we bring in TFW to begin with. Between a government that gives never ending hand-outs and parents that treat their adult children as children, we will have huge gaps to fill. Most of the youth today don’t wanna work, they rather continue to let mom and dad take care of them. It’s pathetic … and we are all to blame.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

‘Bob’ wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:30 pm I bet both Westjet and Air Canada declare bankruptcy as soon as the Conservatives allow United, Delta, American, and others to perform cabotage.

Sadly, you’re correct on cabotage . Basically, with either government, we’re some degree of screwed.

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

flyer 1492 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:39 pm The leaked memo regarding switching over to greener jobs.“We expect that larger-scale transformations will take place in agriculture (about 292,000 workers; 1.5 per cent of Canada’s employment); energy (about 202,000 workers; one per cent of Canada’s employment); manufacturing (about 193,000 workers; one per cent of Canada’s employment); buildings (about 1.4 million workers; seven per cent of Canada’s employment); and transportation sectors (about 642,000 workers; three per cent of Canada’s employment).”

Quick math puts that at 1,329,000 jobs (6.5% of the workforce). I wonder what all those high paying green jobs will be to employ that many people.
‘Bob’ wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:30 pm I bet both Westjet and Air Canada declare bankruptcy as soon as the Conservatives allow United, Delta, American, and others to perform cabotage.

It will never happenm unless the US opens up their borders to cabotage, and we all know they won't. So don't expend energy worrying about or spreading fear about something that will never happen.

That said, Trudeau and his crusade to kill the airlines (all travel in any form... except for him in a jet you pay for) is a far greater danger than anything any Conservative has ever uttered. Because Trudeau is and has been acting on his plan for years.

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mmm...bacon »

Mach1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:46 pm

It will never happenm unless the US opens up their borders to cabotage, and we all know they won't. So don't expend energy worrying about or spreading fear about something that will never happen.

That said, Trudeau and his crusade to kill the airlines (all travel in any form... except for him in a jet you pay for) is a far greater danger than anything any Conservative has ever uttered. Because Trudeau is and has been acting on his plan for years.
I think that you underestimate Canadian Governments' ability/affinity for getting well and truly screwed by the US Government at the negotiating table. I'm sure that with PP at the helm, the Conservative party would be more than willing to toss *all* Canadian airlines and pilots under the bus with a one-sided cross-border air travel scheme.

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

I will take that any day, all day long over having the most corrupt, criminal Prime Minister in the history of Canada continue to destroy the nation.

I have no idea why you are afraid of change for a whopping 4 or 5 years. Vote NDP. How much worse than the Liberals can they be right now? Vote Green... same thing. The Liberal government is literally destroying this country through corruption, nepotism, theft, idiotic policy and the politics of division. They need a time out for a bit to think about what they have done and then they can come back. If you think that our current leadership is the kind of representation you deserve, then don't be surprised as the nation begins to break up.

But, go on. Keep supporting the only PM in the history of this nation to break the ethics laws, and he's done it multiple times, because you are afraid something might change.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Mach1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:04 pm But, go on. Keep supporting the only PM in the history of this nation to break the ethics laws, and he's done it multiple times, because you are afraid something might change.
Well this is embarrassing.

Mulroney violated ethics rules: Oliphant report

https://globalnews.ca/news/90309/mulron ... nt-report/

Cons are always full of shit.

Last edited by Aviatard on Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

Mach1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:04 pm I will take that any day, all day long over having the most corrupt, criminal Prime Minister in the history of Canada continue to destroy the nation.
I have only ever voted Conservative federally and provincially. With that I am comfortable saying that while Trudeau is a steaming pile of poop, he is not the most corrupt PM our country has ever had.

If you tone down your rhetoric two notches, you will end up being on point.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Mach1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:04 pm But, go on. Keep supporting the only PM in the history of this nation to break the ethics laws, and he's done it multiple times, because you are afraid something might change.
Harper:
https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2015/08/10/H ... ower-Final

Poilievre:
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 21743.html

Before you call me a Trudeau lover: I vote NDP.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Mach1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:46 pm It will never happenm unless the US opens up their borders to cabotage,
Another one that has not read the conservative platform in detail. I've posted links to the quotes in the past, cant be bothered to go find it again. Suffice it to say, allowing cabotage to 'make tickets cheaper' is a plank in the conservative platform. It specifically mentions allowing foreign airlines access to routes going point to point in Canada in order to promote 'consumer choice and lower prices'. There is no mention of any negotiating to make that a two way street.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Mach1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:04 pm . Vote NDP. How much worse than the Liberals can they be right now? Vote Green... same thing.
A lot worse. Orders of magnitude worse. Societal collapse worse. The Greens and the NDP manifest the most extreme aspects of Liberal woke and environmental policies but are devoid of even the rudimentary understanding of economics found in the Liberals.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:52 am
Before you call me a Trudeau lover: I vote NDP.
That’s nothing to be proud of…

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

goldeneagle wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:49 pm
Mach1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:46 pm It will never happenm unless the US opens up their borders to cabotage,
Another one that has not read the conservative platform in detail. I've posted links to the quotes in the past, cant be bothered to go find it again. Suffice it to say, allowing cabotage to 'make tickets cheaper' is a plank in the conservative platform. It specifically mentions allowing foreign airlines access to routes going point to point in Canada in order to promote 'consumer choice and lower prices'. There is no mention of any negotiating to make that a two way street.
Not true.

This is the actual quote from the conservative platform.

56. AirTransportation
The Conservative Party believes the government must negotiate reciprocal “Open Skies” type agreements where it is deemed to be in Canada’s overall interest.

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

The original poster's point still stands... it is public policy of this government to put transportation workers out of work.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... government

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/opin ... udeau.html

As for my political beliefs, you will note that I have said nothing other than Trudeau must go. If Pierre Poilievre is the person to replace him, good. If it is anyone else, good. Trudeau must go. To support him at this point is to be exactly the same as a Trump voter. You are in a cult of personality rather than voting for policy. But I'm going to let it go there as it's about airplanes...

Let's talk about moving liabilities off your books. You have a liability, and your quarterly report is coming up. You don't want to look bad to your peers so you move your liabilities on to someone else's books for a little while, then back onto your books after the reporting period. It's an accounting trick used by Enron. In fact, it was the reason Enron doesn't exist anymore. In this case, your liability is greenhouse gasses, your peers are other politicians and your goal is to look good on the public stage. You allow your domestic airlines (which you don't like) fold like a cheap house of cards. This opens the door for foreign carriers to come into your country and take your passengers away to whatever destination they are headed for. You get to claim you have zero greenhouse gas emissions from aviation because you have successfully moved that liability onto someone else's books. Then you tut tut everyone else about how terrible they are and how virtuous you are. For the pilots of Canada... you can't go to the USA because NAFTA places you at the bottom of the green card lottery. You might get a job in the Middle East but China is not the place you want to be so... what are your options?

This scenario is about as likely as cabotage without reciprocation... it could happen. But what are the actual odds?

Or the TLDR version: Don't waste your time worrying about what might happen. Deal with what is happening.

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead »

Wait, has Trudeau started flight training? I guess a lot of guys consider a mid-life career change into aviation when they get tired of the 9-5, or in his case the 24/7.

But not to worry, it will still take him a few years to get CPL, Multi and IFR rated, especially if he's only flying a few times a week between governing the country. After that he'll likely still need an IATRA or Float rating depending on which specific job of yours he's coming after. I think with his connections he can probably skip working the ramp in Pickle Lake, but he'll still likely need a few thousand hours and 500 MPIC or floats in order to be insured/considered for any mid-level position, let alone an ATPL, I know upgrade times are quick these days, but I think you still have some time before you have to worry.

Even then, he's only one guy, so what are the chances that it is your specific job that he's targeting? I guess there's no way to know until he shows up at your operation's door with a wet CPL, a resume under his arm and a sly twinkle in his eye, is there?

Return to “General Comments”