In-person meeting to tour facility after interview

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jgfrob
Rank 0
Rank 0

In-person meeting to tour facility after interview

Post by jgfrob »

Hi all, I was invited for a "tour" next month after my virtual interview with NAV Canada, please note this is for the technical support, not ATC position. Does anyone know or have experience with this, what should I expect and prepare? I tried to ask the HR, but they didn't wanna give out too much info, just told me it's a chance to meet the supervisors. Should I see this as a 2nd round? Thanks a lot!
---------- ADS -----------

NJ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: In-person meeting to tour facility after interview

Post by NJ »

This was a long time ago with an ATC application. They arranged a tour for me and said to call in when it was finished to let them know when I had done a tour. I did the tour (ACC and nearby tower), and called in the next day at work. It ended up being a full interview by phone. I wasn't prepared, but I guess I did well enough.

jgfrob
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jgfrob »

It's nice to know that, thanks for the info. I guess there aren't many non-ATC applicants here. Also I just checked my status, and says "eligible for offer", does this mean anything, or just standard?

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

This is just a guess on my part:-

I think they want to get an impression of the kind of person you are and whether you would 'fit in' within the group.

I would certainly see this as part of the interview process and dress/act appropriately.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
jgfrob
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jgfrob »

The HR did say it's part of the hiring process, I was just wondering if it's because I had a virtual interview, and they wanted to meet me in person to make sure I am who I am before writing the offer? I just don't wanna screw this up...

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Just another guess on my part.

Sounds to me like you already have the job and they just want to meet you in person to see you are a normal person who they’d be happy to have on their team.

My suggestion - be yourself. You may get questions about your life outside of work - hobbies interests etc.

I assume you have questions as well - write/print them on a piece of paper - and ask them when the opportunity presents itself. It comes across really well when you have everything prepared/written down.

I wouldn’t over-think this.

Best of luck to you.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Maskinla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maskinla »

An application for ATC status was submitted back then. They scheduled a tour for me and instructed me to report back once it was complete. I took the tour (of the ACC and the neighboring tower) and then called into work the next day.
run 3

Return to “ATS Question Forum”