321 YYZ

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

321 YYZ

Post by thepoors »

I see the job ad has been going up consistently since Dec. Asking for 2000hrs and some turboprop/jet exp.

What kind of time do you actually need to get a call? What level of experience have the past few GS been?
---------- ADS -----------

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: 321 YYZ

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

thepoors wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:30 am I see the job ad has been going up consistently since Dec. Asking for 2000hrs and some turboprop/jet exp.

What kind of time do you actually need to get a call? What level of experience have the past few GS been?
Not sure what hiring experience has been like. But I will comment that if you’re close to 2000 TT, let’s say 1500 or more, with some PIC AND turboprop/jet, they probably will have a glance at your resume.

You may have to turn the charm on during the interview to get hired but who hasn’t ever tried to convince someone that they’re awesome.

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 am
thepoors wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:30 am I see the job ad has been going up consistently since Dec. Asking for 2000hrs and some turboprop/jet exp.

Not sure what hiring experience has been like. But I will comment that if you’re close to 2000 TT, let’s say 1500 or more, with some PIC AND turboprop/jet, they probably will have a glance at your resume.

You may have to turn the charm on during the interview to get hired but who hasn’t ever tried to convince someone that they’re awesome.
You need internal references for under 2000TT, otherwise you need over 2000TT.

Lots of Encore, Swoop, Nolinor (OWG), Air Inuit, few Sunwing candidates.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

Would anyone care to post first 4 years of pay and current perdiems.

Are guys automatically trained for mix fleet or is it A321 for a certain period before you go mix?

Is there a bond?

What kind of Sched can a new guy expect? Block then a reserve month or something different?

If you feel more comfortable you can PM please.

Thank you!

Kingair200
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kingair200 »

any idea how long we can re apply after getting a pfo'd?

thanks for any input, many thanks for it.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

Can someone post a link to a new CBA agreement? I can only find an older one online. Thank you.

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

ikarus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:44 am Would anyone care to post first 4 years of pay and current perdiems.

Are guys automatically trained for mix fleet or is it A321 for a certain period before you go mix?

Is there a bond?

What kind of Sched can a new guy expect? Block then a reserve month or something different?

Thank you!
Would anyone care to post first 4 years of pay and current per diems.

May 1, 2022 to April 30, 2023
Scale Hourly Rate Annual Salary
1 65.24 $ 62,631 $
2 77.61 $ 74,506 $
3 92.22 $ 88,527 $
4 100.35 $ 96,339 $

Per diems
Canada: $4.73 South: $6.09 Europe: $6.09 UK & Ireland: $6.76

Not yet and it will not be everyone.

Is there a bond?
Yes, unfortunately.

No reserve until your first recurrent then every other month until you're SR enough. Vacation and a few other things can exclude you from a reserve block.

cloudseeker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cloudseeker »

TFTMB heavy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:11 pm
ikarus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:44 am Would anyone care to post first 4 years of pay and current perdiems.

Is there a bond?

Thank you!

1 65.24 $ 62,631 $
2 77.61 $ 74,506 $
3 92.22 $ 88,527 $
4 100.35 $ 96,339 $

Per diems

Is there a bond?
Yes, unfortunately.

No reserve until your first recurrent then every other month until you're SR enough. Vacation and a few other things can exclude you from a reserve block.
Thanks for the infos. Also what's the current wait time to get YUL base?

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

cloudseeker wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:41 pm

Is there a bond?

Thank you!

1 65.24 $ 62,631 $
2 77.61 $ 74,506 $
3 92.22 $ 88,527 $
4 100.35 $ 96,339 $

Per diems

Is there a bond?
Yes, unfortunately.

Thanks for the infos. Also what's the current wait time to get YUL base?
Tough one to predict, they just filled 20 positions they had opened in YUL on the bid that just closed. There are 20ish open positions to be filled in YYZ as it stands. I feel that with retirements and growth driving more hiring and upgrades it will be faster than in the previous years.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Is there a bond?

Thank you!

1 65.24 $ 62,631 $
2 77.61 $ 74,506 $
3 92.22 $ 88,527 $
4 100.35 $ 96,339 $

Per diems

Is there a bond?
Yes, unfortunately.

What is terms of the bond?

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Blueontop wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:36 pm

Is there a bond?

Thank you!

1 65.24 $ 62,631 $
2 77.61 $ 74,506 $
3 92.22 $ 88,527 $
4 100.35 $ 96,339 $

Per diems

Is there a bond?
Yes, unfortunately.

3 years I think?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I think they're binning the bond, not sure if it's done already or if they still have to go through the meeting motions.

With the current scale by the time you get to year 4 it'll be over 100k. Year 5 is a nice bump, it's 121k next year and by the time a new hire gets there it'll likely be quite a bit more. Renegotiations in 2 years. However at this rate you could be eligible for captain by then anyhow.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

Thanks very much for the reply guys!

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

TFTMB heavy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:59 pm
Blueontop wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:36 pm

1 65.24 $ 62,631 $
2 77.61 $ 74,506 $
3 92.22 $ 88,527 $
4 100.35 $ 96,339 $

Per diems

Is there a bond?
Yes, unfortunately.

3 years I think?
3 years?! :shock: And how much it? Pro-rated I assume 🤔

cloudseeker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cloudseeker »

DanWEC wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:37 pm I think they're binning the bond, not sure if it's done already or if they still have to go through the meeting motions.

With the current scale by the time you get to year 4 it'll be over 100k. Year 5 is a nice bump, it's 121k next year and by the time a new hire gets there it'll likely be quite a bit more. Renegotiations in 2 years. However at this rate you could be eligible for captain by then anyhow.
Thank you that's really good to know. I did the whole AC process over a month ago (radio silence ever since) and TS just called for a phone interview (I wasn't expecting it at all since I have no reference).

Now my question is if I ever end up getting both offers which one to pick. I have only heard good things about TS and all the jumpseaters I talked to seems very happy working there.

Cheers!

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Transat owes 900 million in LEEFF loans alone at between 2-12% interest (depending on secured or unsecured) which increases by 2% every year the debt is outstanding.
The current federal government is giving them a break on the interest but if that were to change Transat would likely collapse in an instant as they have never in their history made enough profit per annum to service that debt obligation.

If you had a standing offer from AC and one from TS I know which I would pick and I think even an honest TS pilot would think the same.

Edited to add:
As I understand it the quality of life at Transat is miles ahead of Air Canada so if you’re comfortable with the risk of starting over again at the bottom or confident that Transat
a.) Pulls the worlds largest rabbit out of a hat.
B.) The Trudeau stay in power forever and never call the debt.
C.) in the event of dissolution the Transat pilots will be merged into some other pilot group (far most likely scenario imho)

Then the decision becomes harder.
The Corporation is making every effort and remains confident of returning to profitability under its strategic plan, based on current market conditions and the gradual resumption of its operations. However, there can be no assurance that the Corporation will be able to settle its debts and meet its obligations in the normal course of business. In addition, to finance the Corporation’s operations until the maturity of the credit facilities, the Corporation might have to again borrow sufficient amounts to meet its needs but there can be no assurance that it will be able to do so on acceptable terms, or that suppliers, lessors, credit card processors and other creditors will continue to support the Corporation. While the signs of resumption of the Corporation's operations are encouraging, the COVID-19 pandemic significantly strained the Corporation’s ability to return to profitability. As a result, there can be no assurance that the Corporation will be able to generate positive cash flows from operating activities in the next twelve months.

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goleafsgo »

What is the average take home for year 1 and 2 fo and how much per diem do you get in a typical month?

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Sharklasers wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:06 pm Transat owes 900 million in LEEFF loans alone at between 2-12% interest (depending on secured or unsecured) which increases by 2% every year the debt is outstanding.
The current federal government is giving them a break on the interest but if that were to change Transat would likely collapse in an instant as they have never in their history made enough profit per annum to service that debt obligation.

If you had a standing offer from AC and one from TS I know which I would pick and I think even an honest TS pilot would think the same.

Edited to add:
As I understand it the quality of life at Transat is miles ahead of Air Canada so if you’re comfortable with the risk of starting over again at the bottom or confident that Transat
a.) Pulls the worlds largest rabbit out of a hat.
B.) The Trudeau stay in power forever and never call the debt.
C.) in the event of dissolution the Transat pilots will be merged into some other pilot group (far most likely scenario imho)

Then the decision becomes harder.
The Corporation is making every effort and remains confident of returning to profitability under its strategic plan, based on current market conditions and the gradual resumption of its operations. However, there can be no assurance that the Corporation will be able to settle its debts and meet its obligations in the normal course of business. In addition, to finance the Corporation’s operations until the maturity of the credit facilities, the Corporation might have to again borrow sufficient amounts to meet its needs but there can be no assurance that it will be able to do so on acceptable terms, or that suppliers, lessors, credit card processors and other creditors will continue to support the Corporation. While the signs of resumption of the Corporation's operations are encouraging, the COVID-19 pandemic significantly strained the Corporation’s ability to return to profitability. As a result, there can be no assurance that the Corporation will be able to generate positive cash flows from operating activities in the next twelve months.
Latest financial information from management is that we do not currently have any cashflow problems. Revenues and yield are strong and we slowly continues to grow as they implement their business plan. Lots of rumours of a strong codeshare coming up (could just be wishful thinking) and they're in talks with the QC government for an investment in the company.

The mood on the line is good, tons of training going on as they are hiring 20 per month till August then it's down to 10. Good variety of flying in both bases, all pairing are for 1-6 days, can't get reserve two months in a row, good per diems and good salary from the start. The only big downside right now is the LTD premiums, we've suffered a huge increase with more people being ill during COVID. The union is working on it with management, no idea how it will play out. We're very well represented and new management seems interested in improving quality of life.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

TFTMB heavy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:06 pm The mood on the line is good, tons of training going on as they are hiring 20 per month till August then it's down to 10. Good variety of flying in both bases, all pairing are for 1-6 days, can't get reserve two months in a row, good per diems and good salary from the start. The only big downside right now is the LTD premiums, we've suffered a huge increase with more people being ill during COVID. The union is working on it with management, no idea how it will play out. We're very well represented and new management seems interested in improving quality of life.
Lol in what world is 62k a "good salary"... That's $3700/mo after tax. Good luck living anywhere near YYZ on that (other than your car).

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

A good example of how fucked aviation in Canada is when a widebody airline is bonding pilots, and people on here are asking how much in per diems they can expect. SMH.

Return to “Air Transat”