Cargojet vs Sunwing

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Cargojet vs Sunwing

Post by averageatbest »

Adam Oke wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:33 pm Must? or Every effort.
13.4.4 A Reserve FCM will be considered on call at all times during his RAP. Two hours is
the minimum advance notice to report for Duty. Crew Scheduling will make every effort
to contact and assign Duty to a FCM on Reserve as far in advance as possible and
the FCM will make every effort to report for Duty in less than two hours if required.
Ye' olde "don't funk with me and I won't funk with you."
---------- ADS -----------

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

Yes, that's why I wrote 2 hours or less if you can

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Morningstar from YOW would suck as their reserve is 1 hour call and they call a lot. No commuting on aircraft outside MS, and arrive a day early if on company aircraft. They have been cracking down on commuters by punishing them on the schedule... speaking of schedule, there is no bid process, it is all manually created and subject to the whim of head office so don't piss anyone off. Basically don't bother with them if not in YYZ area. As for CJ and Sunwing, I'd take CJ for the security of cargo and better pay. I'd also rather night ops over dealing with terminals and passengers any day. The sky is quiet at night and netflix has some good shows to download.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
ads-b
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ads-b »

What Adam wrote. I live 31/2 hours away. I’m not driving to yyz in case I get called on reserve. I’ll get there as soon as I can.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

ads-b wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:57 pm What Adam wrote. I live 31/2 hours away. I’m not driving to yyz in case I get called on reserve. I’ll get there as soon as I can.
Then you should probably look for a job closer to home.

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

Well, if they ask you to report in 2 hours...

ads-b
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ads-b »

averageatbest wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:10 pm
ads-b wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:57 pm What Adam wrote. I live 31/2 hours away. I’m not driving to yyz in case I get called on reserve. I’ll get there as soon as I can.
Then you should probably look for a job closer to home.
I did for my first 18 years here. I’m good.

Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yieldermatik »

Invertago wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:44 pm Morningstar from YOW would suck as their reserve is 1 hour call and they call a lot. No commuting on aircraft outside MS, and arrive a day early if on company aircraft. They have been cracking down on commuters by punishing them on the schedule... speaking of schedule, there is no bid process, it is all manually created and subject to the whim of head office so don't piss anyone off. Basically don't bother with them if not in YYZ area. As for CJ and Sunwing, I'd take CJ for the security of cargo and better pay. I'd also rather night ops over dealing with terminals and passengers any day. The sky is quiet at night and netflix has some good shows to download.
LOL…taking note of that last bit.

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

Im biased but if you live in the yow area and dont want to commute; with the hangar construction, I think Porter’s YOW base will be very important to its expansion. With your experience youd probably be a quick upgrade on the E2 or a quicker upgrade on the Dash

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”