Canadian Pacific will want you to what now?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Canadian Pacific will want you to what now?

Post by co-joe »

Management Conductor Program:

Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
To fly a Challenger 605 you also have to learn how to drive a locomotive? Chugga chugga choo choo! :lol: That sounds awesome!
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Canadian Pacific will want you to what now?

Post by rigpiggy »

Afaik, they classify you as management, and keep you in the back pocket in case they need a spare bod during a strike. I may be wrong others here will correct me.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Canadian Pacific will want you to what now?

Post by khedrei »

I worked for the railway for 13 years not as a pilot. Although I don't know how they classify their pilots, the above poster correct. They want all management to be rail rules qualified. Which does not mean you know how to operate a train safely anywhere other than on paper. I saw two strikes and I have never seen more widespread damage than when we came back to work after a strike. I also saw one of these "qualified" managers after he lost his leg demonstrating how "qualified" he was. If you think airlines treat their pilots as warm bodies, wait till you see what the railway does. The flying gig might be good, I cant say, but I'd think very hard before committing to getting within 100 feet of a moving train with their joke of a "qualification".

Return to “Employment Forum”