Cat 2 Medical - Additional information vs "further review"

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Cat 2 Medical - Additional information vs "further review"

Post by bb9999 »

So I just got an email from TC (after I filed out their enquiry portal). I've been waiting a little over 6 months now for my medical. My CAME told me that they might require additional information in which case I would still recieve a letter in the mail with what they needed. I still have not recieved that.

This is what the email said:
Thank you for contacting Civil Aviation Medicine, we apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

Transport Canada has received your application for an aviation medical certificate. However, further review and/or information is needed before a decision can be made. You will be contacted by email if any further action or information is needed from you.

Should you have any further inquiry, please contact your regional medical team:
Is this different from what I shoud be expecting to recieve in the mail? Is this different from "additional information".

I'll be moving FIRs in 6 weeks for training and its a big move for me so this is resulting in a lot of stress... If anyone has information regarding this please let me know.

Thank you
---------- ADS -----------

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Cat 2 Medical - Additional information vs "further review"

Post by wordstwice »

Am I correct in assuming this is an initial CAT II to enter training for ATC? If so, you need to let Nav Canada know about this right away.

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bb9999 »

wordstwice wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:42 pm Am I correct in assuming this is an initial CAT II to enter training for ATC? If so, you need to let Nav Canada know about this right away.
Yes it is. Sorry why do I need to let NavCan know about this? I reached out to them regarding my medical already and was told to just keep waiting til I get something in the mail?

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wordstwice »

Because we/they normally assume that if someone isn’t getting their medical right away it’s due to TC being slow and dealing with a backlog where the medical will eventually arrive. If there’s an issue with you not getting a medical at all due to some issue with your exam that’s a whole different situation and I’d urge you to tell recruitment.

This is my suggestion, take it or don’t, your choice.

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bb9999 »

wordstwice wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:17 pm Because we/they normally assume that if someone isn’t getting their medical right away it’s due to TC being slow and dealing with a backlog where the medical will eventually arrive. If there’s an issue with you not getting a medical at all due to some issue with your exam that’s a whole different situation and I’d urge you to tell recruitment.

This is my suggestion, take it or don’t, your choice.
Ya no worries, I shot her an email, was just curious why it was relevant since it wasn't a denial.

Thanks

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wordstwice »

Good on ya! And don’t worry, it won’t affect your process at all….worst case it delays your start date but might not even come to that. There’s just so many aspects that go into recruiting and scheduling courses that a chance of a delay needs to be known when it can be.

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bb9999 »

wordstwice wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:40 pm Good on ya! And don’t worry, it won’t affect your process at all….worst case it delays your start date but might not even come to that. There’s just so many aspects that go into recruiting and scheduling courses that a chance of a delay needs to be known when it can be.
Lol i really hope it doesnt delay my start date... just signed a lease in my new FIR for training...

Luckily I didn't accept my standby offer in october else I'd have just got this news now and not been able to start OJT...

Thanks for the advice, hopefuilly is nothing. 🤞

Potatopotato
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Potatopotato »

I had the same thing happen to me because I wear glasses. I just had to get my eyes checked and my medical came a week later.

Punipuniikuchan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Punipuniikuchan »

bb9999 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:40 am So I just got an email from TC (after I filed out their enquiry portal). I've been waiting a little over 6 months now for my medical. My CAME told me that they might require additional information in which case I would still recieve a letter in the mail with what they needed. I still have not recieved that.

Thank you for contacting Civil Aviation Medicine, we apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

Transport Canada has received your application for an aviation medical certificate. However, further review and/or information is needed before a decision can be made. You will be contacted by email if any further action or information is needed from you.

Is this different from what I shoud be expecting to recieve in the mail? Is this different from "additional information".

I'll be moving FIRs in 6 weeks for training and its a big move for me so this is resulting in a lot of stress... If anyone has information regarding this please let me know.

Thank you
Please keep me updated, as I have some issues with my health and want to know how much time did it take Transport Canada to issue you the certificate... Also may I know what city did you get the medical done?
Is there some places where they can do it faster?

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bb9999 »

Punipuniikuchan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:22 am
bb9999 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:40 am So I just got an email from TC (after I filed out their enquiry portal). I've been waiting a little over 6 months now for my medical. My CAME told me that they might require additional information in which case I would still recieve a letter in the mail with what they needed. I still have not recieved that.

Thank you
Please keep me updated, as I have some issues with my health and want to know how much time did it take Transport Canada to issue you the certificate... Also may I know what city did you get the medical done?
Is there some places where they can do it faster?

Did mine in Toronto.

Doc said I should be getting the letter for additional testing this week or next... from there... who knows?

NavCan said they'll give a letter for me to start training without my medical in hand

Hoping that after the additional testing it'll be quick.

Jamjam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jamjam »

I received the same answer back as well when I submitted my initial inquiry . I haven’t been contacted for any additional testing or anything yet. I’ve sent another inquiry to TC to see if they missed something, and to get a general update.

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bb9999 »

Jamjam wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:28 am I received the same answer back as well when I submitted my initial inquiry . I haven’t been contacted for any additional testing or anything yet. I’ve sent another inquiry to TC to see if they missed something, and to get a general update.
What FIR are you in?

Jamjam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jamjam »

bb9999 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:17 pm
Jamjam wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:28 am I received the same answer back as well when I submitted my initial inquiry . I haven’t been contacted for any additional testing or anything yet. I’ve sent another inquiry to TC to see if they missed something, and to get a general update.
What FIR are you in?
YYZ

Punipuniikuchan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Punipuniikuchan »

Jamjam wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:15 am
What FIR are you in?
YYZ
Can you share your timeline? When did you submit your initial medical assessment? And when did they got back to you for further review? Also please let me know when you get through this 🙏

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bb9999 »

Punipuniikuchan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:35 am
Jamjam wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:15 am

What FIR are you in?
YYZ
Can you share your timeline? When did you submit your initial medical assessment? And when did they got back to you for further review? Also please let me know when you get through this 🙏
Initial assessment was mid August. Got back to me las week for further review (via the email I sent via the portal). I now have to do 2 more additional testing and submit that. Hopefully by end of April I'm good to go.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”