The inconvenient truth

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

newcomer
Rank 2
Rank 2

The inconvenient truth

Post by newcomer »

Sorry for being late to the party, but I just heard who your "new" EVP/COO is (DP), and I just wanted to wish you good luck!

When Covid started, DP was the COO of a European low cost called Wizz Air.
DP had no problem paying A320 FOs 500 euros per month during covid. Yes, 500 euros (720 CAD). Just because he said so. Who cares about contracts? No union to protect the employees anyway, because those who were about to set up a union had been fired for doing so.
He was also the one who decided, together with the DFO (DT) that they would take the covid opportunity to get rid of the pilots they didn't like (those who had called in sick too often for their taste, or who refused to work on a day off or go into captain's descretion).

You can hear the details of that meeting, secretly taped by one of the participants:

https://youtu.be/Kqlh8pjwGrg

The guy talking is DT (the DFO). Did I mention DT is a fellow Canadian? Yep, ex Air Nova, Air Canada, and Emirates.

When this tape was leaked to the press it became a big scandal. DT disappeared (nobody knows where he went and what he's doing), and DP (your new EVP/COO) "decided" to leave.

Believe me, if Westjet hired him, it's not to give you a raise. You have been warned.

And once again, good luck!
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by newcomer on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: The inconvenient truth

Post by averageatbest »

Welcome to the party.

You are a little late... the current leadership team is pushing for profits over safety.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

And unions and pilots think they will have a fair deal with those guys in the ELT.
Unbelievable.

I hope you guys know who you are dealing with.
As we say, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

newcomer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by newcomer »

kiaszceski wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:01 am I hope you guys know who you are dealing with.
Hence my message

MaxAuto
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MaxAuto »

If they're all about profits then they can't afford for you guys to strike.

Strike and hit them were it hurts. They will crumble and give in. They can afford not to.

For any pilot afraid to strike due to fear of lost wages, Onex/WestJet is even more afraid of lost profits and mass cancellation.

Save your money until its all over and you have the contract you want.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

averageatbest wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:46 am Welcome to the party.

You are a little late... the current leadership team is pushing for profits over safety.
what profits? flying less planes, cancellations and maybe a strike. see how long that attitude lasts!

Return to “WestJet”