Taxi Incident Thread

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Taxi Incident Thread

Post by pelmet »

It is a phase of flight operation that results in a lot of incidents....

C-FNTJ, a Diamond DA20-C1 aircraft operated by Moncton Flight College (MFC), had departed for
a local solo training flight from Moncton/Roméo Leblanc Intl (CYQM), NB. Following the rollout
after landing on Runway 29 at CYQM, the student pilot attempted to turn the aircraft to exit the
runway at Taxiway Bravo and went off the hard surface. Due to icy patches beyond the paved
area, aircraft directional control could not be maintained, and the aircraft right wing struck a taxiway
sign. The student pilot was not injured. The right wing sustained structural damage that required
major repair as a result of the contact with the sign.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by pelmet on Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Taxi Incident Thread

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:30 pm This is far, far more serious than a runway incursion at JFK from making a wrong turn and crossing without a clearance.

Yuppers….
Not sure why stupid responses are made sometimes.

A lot of incidents happen while taxiing. Some cause damage, some don't. All should be avoided.

Therefore, I started a thread about them and we get a grade three level post referring to another incident which has its own thread.

I have noticed a particular touchiness though about coverage of general aviation accident pilots. Perhaps some need a safe space private forum to prevent hurt feelings. Rookie?.

I have prepared a post for this incident......

"There, there Captain Diamond PIlot.......it was only a sign you hit. It is not like that Tenerife accident. We will give you a trophy for participating in aviation. Maybe someday you can achieve the level of last years winner"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZc1TdJFAFs

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:02 am
rookiepilot wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:30 pm This is far, far more serious than a runway incursion at JFK from making a wrong turn and crossing without a clearance.

Yuppers….
Not sure why stupid responses are made sometimes.

Cause your post is stupid?

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

pelmet wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:32 am It is a phase of flight operation that results in a lot of incidents....

C-FNTJ, a Diamond DA20-C1 aircraft operated by Moncton Flight College (MFC), had departed for
a local solo training flight from Moncton/Roméo Leblanc Intl (CYQM), NB. Following the rollout
after landing on Runway 29 at CYQM, the student pilot attempted to turn the aircraft to exit the
runway at Taxiway Bravo and went off the hard surface. Due to icy patches beyond the paved
area, aircraft directional control could not be maintained, and the aircraft right wing struck a taxiway
sign. The student pilot was not injured. The right wing sustained structural damage that required
Feel free to let me know which part Rookie.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:40 am
pelmet wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:53 am
pelmet wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:32 am It is a phase of flight operation that results in a lot of incidents....

Feel free to let me know which part Rookie.
How's thet First Republic Bank stock doing BTW?
When an argument is lost...change the subject.

As for First Republic.....I'll let you know when I sell it. CRA types don't like quick trades in TFSA.

But it is still better than your Russian investments. Maybe I should invest in Sberbank instead.:lol: :smt042 :smt043 :smt044

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SBER.ME ... hD2UdJWlT5

If I'm wrong, I'm just a pilot. You are a financial professional.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

pelmet wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:39 pm When an argument is lost...change the subject.
You gotta give him a break pelmet, he doesn't know the difference between posting an opinion, and one that is a cut and pasting from an official report source.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

This was a consideration for me yesterday in the 767. Landed in South America with a wet runway. Even with a highspeed exit, brought the airplane to almost a stop before leaving the centreline. It works well. Used to do it on the emj, 37 and 220. Don’t leave the centreline on a wet or contaminated runway until a slow taxi speed.

I read about that in a “I learned about flying from that” article in FLYING magazine back in the late 90s. It was a reprint from the 80s from a 727 skipper. Stuck with me even though I was still a teen.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

BTD wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:38 pm This was a consideration for me yesterday in the 767. Landed in South America with a wet runway. Even with a highspeed exit, brought the airplane to almost a stop before leaving the centreline. It works well. Used to do it on the emj, 37 and 220. Don’t leave the centreline on a wet or contaminated runway until a slow taxi speed.

I read about that in a “I learned about flying from that” article in FLYING magazine back in the late 90s. It was a reprint from the 80s from a 727 skipper. Stuck with me even though I was still a teen.
Note to RookiePilot.

The quoted response is the difference between a rookie pilot and a professional pilot.

Thank you both for making it so clear.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”